The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

1 minute ago, Thug said:

Sorry, I wasn’t picking on your post To say you were wrong.  It’s equally possible that you’ll be right.  He’s a brilliant player, of this there is no doubt.

All I’m saying is that the situation at villa was such that he was given the stage to flourish.  So I don’t think that Pep will be able to improve him, rather I believe his game will regress.

100% this.  He is now against teams that say come on, break us down.  How will he handle it?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Thug said:

Sorry, I wasn’t picking on your post To say you were wrong.  It’s equally possible that you’ll be right.  He’s a brilliant player, of this there is no doubt.

All I’m saying is that the situation at villa was such that he was given the stage to flourish.  So I don’t think that Pep will be able to improve him, rather I believe his game will regress.

I know you weren’t, it’s all about opinions of course. I hope he does improve. I also like Pep . I think a lot of villa fans are being two faced , a bit like Jack was, maybe? 

• Like 1

Just now, Rugeley Villa said:

Even at his best I never thought he came close . Was certainly a top 4 player at his best but, best player in league? Nah ..

Fair play mate but many of our fans used to think he is was better than any City player bar KDB. If you dared say otherwise they’d get angry. I’m glad he’s gone just to get rid of the cultist vibe. 

• Like 2

Just now, Rugeley Villa said:

I know you weren’t, it’s all about opinions of course. I hope he does improve. I also like Pep . I think a lot of villa fans are being two faced , a bit like Jack was, maybe? 

Yup.  When he was with us I wanted him to be the best player in the world.  Now that he’s gone, I want him to fall flat on his face - because I’m bitter - but I also want any other possible defectors to think twice.  So my hero will need to fall on his sword I’m afraid.

13 minutes ago, Thug said:

That's quite interesting and I thought of that today as well, also when he was playing for England. At Villa he was at the center of everything, the ball always (and quite rightly so) went to him when he showed for it and he had more or less a free role to roam around and get the ball as he wished. In the England team he looked much more restricted, like Southgate had shackles on him. In the game today I got a bit of the same feeling, and when KDB, Foden, Sterling and others come in he will have even less of the ball.

Interesting to see how it works out, for us he could just go again and again cause he would get the ball all the time, at City he doesn't have the luxury to fail as many times when he has the ball as there are many others wanting it and getting it as much.

Edited by Keener window-cleaner
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Thug said:

Yup.  When he was with us I wanted him to be the best player in the world.  Now that he’s gone, I want him to fall flat on his face - because I’m bitter - but I also want any other possible defectors to think twice.  So my hero will need to fall on his sword I’m afraid.

Must say I was gutted yesterday, but I’m over it now. You have to go back to Dwight Yorke leaving for when I was this bothered about a player leaving. I really hated that move and at the time I had a proper hatred for United . City are not even on my radar for clubs I dislike. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

I still think he is one of the very best in the league, has so much talent and potential that he can be one of the best in the world in my eyes. But time will tell if he will fulfill his potential. And as per now he is more or less just like anyone else of the top Man C players.

The sad thing is he was never going to become one of the best players in the world at villa unfortunately. Sad but true IMO . City is next level and then some. It’s also not just about having the talent which he clearly has. You’ve got to be able to handle it. Some players can’t do that, and lose their confidence . 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Xela said:

There is a reason why City paid £100m for him, and that is because he is a wonderful football player. One of the very best in the Premier League. 

No team relied on one player more than we did on him the last couple of years. To a point, as Purslow said, it was an over reliance. 

I find sone fans (not pointing a finger at you mate) suddenly saying he wasn't that good and he was overrated to be a bit embarrassing. I put it down to a bit of anger/sadness for him leaving. I get it, when my missus left me*, I called her fat and ugly. I didn't mean it but my emotions got the better of me at the time. 

*I never got £100m for her. 

It needs to be said, City have signed him with a view to making him the most famous footballer in the world. If he can keep up with that squad, which I’m pretty sure he can, he’s going to be close to Beckham level fame.

Hes going to play as much as any first team player in a Pep squad does, and he’ll be excellent.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

You don’t spend a 100m on a player for him to be just another squad player. I don’t care who you are. 

Money clearly isn’t a problem for City so I wouldn’t read too much into that. I don’t think Pep looks at the price tag when deciding his team. He will be rotated just like everyone else. There’s nothing wrong with that either.. He will either play against Watford on a Saturday or Benfica on a Tuesday. It won’t be both in my opinion. I’m more curious to see how Sterling’s contract renewal comes along after this signing. 

1 hour ago, Xela said:

There is a reason why City paid £100m for him, and that is because he is a wonderful football player. One of the very best in the Premier League. 

No team relied on one player more than we did on him the last couple of years. To a point, as Purslow said, it was an over reliance. 

I find sone fans (not pointing a finger at you mate) suddenly saying he wasn't that good and he was overrated to be a bit embarrassing. I put it down to a bit of anger/sadness for him leaving. I get it, when my missus left me*, I called her fat and ugly. I didn't mean it but my emotions got the better of me at the time. 

*I never got £100m for her. 

Fair point mate and he is a wonderful footballer. But he isn’t better than what they already have and I’ve always said that. It’s just I can say it now without being attacked. 

• Like 1

Â