The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

I don’t think he’s the finished article although some may say he should be close to it at 25 . Pep will know what he’s got to do with him and Jack will know he’s going to have to change his game a bit to fit into that team. You’ll see a settling in period for the first half of the season then probably changes to his game coming through by the second half of the season . All being well for Jack, pep will still be there next season and you’ll then see a player with more variety to his game that suits City . I thought he did ok today. He’s good at what he does, but he’s a working progress. That’s how I think pep sees it anyway . 

£100m impact player?

I hope he’s awful for them. I hope he wins nothing, and I hope the fans turn on him.

So much so that he wants to come home, and we can get him back on loan for the next 5 seasons (after this one) and pay half his wages, and be £100m richer at the same time.

fingers crossed!

I don't know how I feel about how glad I am that Man City didn't win, and Grealish didn't start.

I'm a small, petty man, but it's all vaudeville anyway, so I don't really have problem with the fact I'm allowing myself to enjoy when Grealish isn't absolutely thriving over there. I'm going to let myself dislike the Grealish character now to make it all more interesting for me. I want to believe there's a chance he will turn around in a year's time and say, 'I wish I didn't leave Villa'. Anything that perpetuates that fantasy for me is a good thing.

Ignoring the context of him earning more money in a year than all of the currently online members of VillaTalk put together.

Edited by YLN
  • Like 1

I said earlier in this thread that I was afraid I had become an emotionless psychopat as I didn't feel anything at all seeing my former hero in Shittys shirt, but now I know I'm not. I'm enjoying and loving every minute of him being denied a first medal and seeing some of Shittys fans turning against him already! Ahhh! That's what you get Jack Greedlish.

Let’s not forget, he signed for them on Thursday, he has literally been there for 3 days. He will adapt and get better. 
I do hope that he realises he made a mistake and wants to come home though, however I suspect that will never happen. He’s more likely to end up at Palace or Everton before coming back here. 

I didn’t see the game - forgot about it to be honest until my Man U supporting mate text me saying “so Grealish left for medals did he, hah!”.
How did he play? Why was he laughed at?  

Edited by Tayls

32 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

I don’t think he’s the finished article although some may say he should be close to it at 25 . Pep will know what he’s got to do with him and Jack will know he’s going to have to change his game a bit to fit into that team. You’ll see a settling in period for the first half of the season then probably changes to his game coming through by the second half of the season . All being well for Jack, pep will still be there next season and you’ll then see a player with more variety to his game that suits City . I thought he did ok today. He’s good at what he does, but he’s a working progress. That’s how I think pep sees it anyway . 

Pep isn’t some magician that will suddenly make someone better.

Grealish thrived on being the focal point.  He needs the ball, and when he played for us, he got that.  ‘Where’s Jack?’ Was the only question in our players minds.

He won’t have that at city.  He’s stats were THAT good because they needed to be - yet he still only scored 5 goals in a season where he was unbelievable.  

England showed us that when he’s in a team when they’re not constantly looking for him, he’s nowhere near as effective.

Still has the magic moments, but he’s not going to be the Villa Grealish, because he just won’t get the ball as much.

I expect a very frustrated figure this season.  

And I’m willing to put money on Buendia getting more minutes, goals AND assists than Jack Grealish this year.

• Like 3

Just now, Tayls said:

Let’s not forget, he signed for them on Thursday, he has literally been there for 3 days. He will adapt and get better. 
I do hope that he realises he made a mistake and wants to come home though, however I suspect that will never happen. He’s more likely to end up at Palace or Everton before coming back here. 

I'm hoping for a distant future of him being completely unused at City, and going out on loan at some foresaken hellhole like Small Heath ;) 

Just now, Tayls said:

sold his soul.

Seen some pathetic tweets from Villa fans, one being along the lines of "always said he wasn't that good for Villa". FFS!

He better smash it after I've bigged him up to anyone that would listen for all these years! 

Sure he'll ram it down the haters throats when he hits his groove. 

2 minutes ago, birdman said:

Seen some pathetic tweets from Villa fans, one being along the lines of "always said he wasn't that good for Villa". FFS!

He better smash it after I've bigged him up to anyone that would listen for all these years! 

Sure he'll ram it down the haters throats when he hits his groove. 

Yup! Been saying for years he'll be better with better players around him where other fans thought he'd be worse if he wasn't the main man.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Thug said:

Pep isn’t some magician that will suddenly make someone better.

Grealish thrived on being the focal point.  He needs the ball, and when he played for us, he got that.  ‘Where’s Jack?’ Was the only question in our players minds.

He won’t have that at city.  He’s stats were THAT good because they needed to be - yet he still only scored 5 goals in a season where he was unbelievable.  

England showed us that when he’s in a team when they’re not constantly looking for him, he’s nowhere near as effective.

Still has the magic moments, but he’s not going to be the Villa Grealish, because he just won’t get the ball as much.

I expect a very frustrated figure this season.  

And I’m willing to put money on Buendia getting more minutes, goals AND assists than Jack Grealish this year.

Whether people think he’s overrated as a manager or not, if Grealish is as good as I and many others think he is, then he will improve playing under pep and playing in that team . This is what I said in my post, that although Jack is very good at what he does, he’s going to have to change his game and he will know that. Pep and his coaching staff will work on that. No doubt they have already spoke about this. It will take time. Don’t think they will spend 100m for him to be an impact player. 

I think he’ll be fine but not necessarily the superstar he thinks he will become. As others have said, he won’t be the focal point of talisman he was at Villa. Ultimately he will get the medals he craves, that’s assured..

21 minutes ago, birdman said:

:crylaugh:

A few months ago: Grealish is the best player in Europe! He'll get into any team in the world

Now:

Table Flip GIF - Tableflip - Discover & Share GIFs

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Strog said:

I think he’ll be fine but not necessarily the superstar he thinks he will become. As others have said, he won’t be the focal point of talisman he was at Villa. Ultimately he will get the medals he craves, that’s assured..

He'll basically be like Mahrez, former PFA Player of the Year, just another player there like Bernardo, Sterling etc. The only true stars of the team ironically is De Bruyne who doesn't seem interested in any of the fanfare, and the homegrown talent Foden. Everyone else are just pieces.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Strog said:

Does he think he’ll become a superstar ? From what I’ve seen and read he’s in awe. He seems grounded enough not to think he’s going to be the main man at city . The team is littered with top top players .He’s not going there to bang in 20 goals a season . He’s going there to be part of a team that wins major honours regularly. Talisman is often directed at players who play for lesser teams which was the case when he was at villa . He’s playing with the big boys now.

Edited by Rugeley Villa

Â