The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

10 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

It's gonna take him time to adapt to them to be fair.

Completely different patterns of play etc

But still. Look at the players he is competing with.

I'm edging to 50/50 whether he's gonna be a success for them or not

It would be best for football if he wasn't. Its the only way to slow down this massive player inflation.   The club could have just given £200 to everyone who lives in Manchester - and thats a train ride across a city that takes ages - and in EVERY flat, in EVERY house, in Every school office shop Church and pub, everyone, man woman and child could have been £200 richer, for what the diving clearing in the woods with the shit hair cost them.

I wanted Jack to do well. He didn't. Nothing match to City, but not to Jack. He needs to be much more involved if he wants to be a starter. My gut feeling is that he'll become an impact sub, just like he is for England, because he doesn't influence the game enough for the whole 90 minutes. It will be interesting to follow him still.

8 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

He ain't all that Pep I tells ya! Amazing footballing brain, but sometimes struggles his knackers off to put it on the field. He has nearly a Billion quids worth of team there, an takes Leicester for granted, poor management.

I don't think what he did or that line up had anything to do with Leicester, he based on what he thinks of the cup

6 minutes ago, AVTuco said:

I wanted Jack to do well. He didn't. Nothing match to City, but not to Jack. He needs to be much more involved if he wants to be a starter. My gut feeling is that he'll become an impact sub, just like he is for England, because he doesn't influence the game enough for the whole 90 minutes. It will be interesting to follow him still.

Not trying to sound harsh on you in particular, and I'm not happy with Jack's behaviour to get the move, but what did people expect from Jack today?

He's only just joined, and probably not even trained with them properly yet. Once he gels to Pep's system and the other players he's going to be good for them. He's too good not to be be.

Edited by Jonesy7211
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, mikeyjavfc said:

Embarrassing loss for City and Grealish. Must be grating for their Abu Dhabi overlords to spend a billion quid and have to watch that. 

Do you really think they watch?

Haha! Too bad, no Charity Shield trophy for you Greedlish.

Intersting to see him in the man C team, one reflection is that he and for example Bernardo Silva looked on par. But on Jack they splashed £100M.

As I said before, I predict this being the beginning of the end of the City dominance era. A poor decision by them to spend that much money on one player who isn't really improving first eleven they already have. 

• Like 2

I want Jack to do well because he’s a class player, and it will be sad for that talent to go to waste. In the end he’s helped us have one of our best transfer windows ever, and not embarrassed us like Kane / Spurs situation.

But I will enjoy watching City fluff their lines, and I’ll definitely enjoy their stupid, spoilt fans turning on Jack.

• Like 1

With the increased profile you get even more haters. Good thing he went to a club where at least his fans adore him anyway right?

With regards to his performance today, it was very reminiscent of how he plays for England. Just stuck out on the left waiting for the ball and when he gets it, not enough movement ahead of him so forced to lay it off. It'll probably be better when De Bruyne is back though.

• Like 1

I can't help but wonder if we may look back on the deal one day and say we did well to get £100m. Are his shins knackered? Will he "enjoy" the party boy/celebrity lifestyle a little too much? It may actually turn out that he's already played the best stuff in his career.

1 minute ago, Okonokos said:

I can't help but wonder if we may look back on the deal one day and say we did well to get £100m. Are his shins knackered? Will he "enjoy" the party boy/celebrity lifestyle a little too much? It may actually turn out that he's already played the best stuff in his career.

The way our club fought tooth and nail to keep him I doubt it. I get the feeling that opposition fans may have been right though, in that he plays his best football when he's the focal point of the team.

Â