The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

6 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Banter aside, how did he play? Can't believe I missed this ffs.

Bit similar to how he looks for England, he looked lost. What we have to remember is our play revolved around him, everybody would look for him, they’d give him the keys and he would drive us. That isn’t going to happen at Citeh, just like it doesn’t for England, because you have others who want the ball and are very capable of doing stuff with it.

You know who else we used to run all of our play through, who we revolved our entire game around? Christian Benteke. 

Jokes aside I hope Jack wins trophies and I’m sure he will, but I really wouldn’t be surprised to see him have a similar fate to Benteke. Incredible player just like CB was for us, but just like CB he has now gone to a team that is not set up for him, the tactics aren’t focused around him, the ball isn’t going to come to him as often. 

Will be interesting to see how he progresses. 

How many of us for how long said that the whole hold on the ball too long and wins free kicks thing was down to him having poor movement around him and in front of him, stick him in a team with better players and better movement and Jack will look even better... 

Citys movement was worse than ours normally is

Obviously pep treating the game with disdain didn't help, the 3 players he linked up with the most as the cissokho-lite LB and two kids with number 80 and 96 on their back and even the better players weren't overly bothered from what I saw 

Jack's normal money shot of the perfectly weighted ball down the line for someone to run on to is completely wasted when that player has no one in the middle let alone a good in the air striker 

He'll be fine when he gets up to speed and the real city turn up but today was poor from them, treated it like a nothing game 

That's maybe why their fans didn't bother 

• Like 1

Just now, villa4europe said:

How many of us for how long said that the whole hold on the ball too long and wins free kicks thing was down to him having poor movement around him and in front of him, stick him in a team with better players and better movement and Jack will look even better... 

Citys movement was worse than ours normally is

Obviously pep treating the game with disdain didn't help, the 3 players he linked up with the most as the cissokho-lite LB and two kids with number 80 and 96 on their back and even the better players weren't overly bothered from what I saw 

Jack's normal money shot of the perfectly weighted ball down the line for someone to run on to is completely wasted when that player has no one in the middle let alone a good in the air striker 

He'll be fine when he gets up to speed and the real city turn up but today was poor from them, treated it like a nothing game 

That's maybe why their fans didn't bother 

They did look a bit casual.

Got to credit Leicester though. Really treated this like a proper final.

Happy they won.

What he's going to find out very quickly is that City won't mess about. He was pretty much guaranteed a start at Villa regardless of form, but if he's not delivering the goods for City then they won't hesitate to bench him. 

Obviously it's one game, but I can only imagine how he would take that considering he sulked when getting subbed off with 2 mins to go for Villa. His ego is going to take an almighty wallop....

32 minutes ago, Tommo_b said:

Surely he can’t be in the slightest match fit after not training properly for 3 weeks

don't forget those blisters...obviously just played through the pain

• Haha 2

It's gonna take him time to adapt to them to be fair.

Completely different patterns of play etc

But still. Look at the players he is competing with.

I'm edging to 50/50 whether he's gonna be a success for them or not

I thought he looked alright. Played some nice passes. But yeah, I echo other comments previously, he's going to have to adapt his game a bit as the ball isn't going to be coming to him at every opportunity at City. He'll be fine though. 

He ain't all that Pep I tells ya! Amazing footballing brain, but sometimes struggles his knackers off to put it on the field. He has nearly a Billion quids worth of team there, an takes Leicester for granted, poor management.

Â