The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

The fact that he went out and got pissed isn't an issue. The fact that he was unconscious on the street, alone, in the middle of the night, however, is. I would be critical of his friends for not looking after him but for all we know he wandered off unbeknownst to them. I'm sure they weren't in great shape themselves.

Also I'm sure the girl and her boyfriend could have done more than take a picture and post it on Twitter, even if he was completely out of it. I had a look at some of the tweets back and forth... Tragic.

Lest we forget, we were all very young and very stupid once. You'd be hopeful he'd learn from this and maybe mind himself a bit better.

And all this clamour over which country he's going to choose... I'll tell you what, if he doesn't improve his drinking you boys can have him.

The club will rightly come down like a tonne of bricks on him. Personally I'm not too bothered, the behaviour is silly, but the fact it has gone 'viral' means he'll never be doing this again, at least not in public. But from the clubs perspective, when you have a potentially valuable asset lying on the floor unconscious, putting himself in danger of being attacked and injured, well, it's really not acceptable behaviour. 

TL;DR

I am probably a bit late but all you guys who are going on about how discraceful and out of order Jacks behaviour is need to smoke some green stuff and calm down.

You sound like you have your lawn cut to exactly 6.5mm with a few hand painted garden gnomes overlooking your perfecty white fence.

Plus you probably hate the guy who walks past daily with his pitbull because, in your opinion, the breed is too dangerous.

Every time you see a yoof with a cap on backwards your finger is stuck to your Blackberry, ready to dial 999 because who knows what kids are up to nowadays. 

After arriving home from Pilates and washing your Nissan Juke you are going to make yourself a cuppa and watch Pointless before the "News" (*cough* *cough*) is on.

All you want now is to watch Corrie, so it's not even worth mentioning the 25 civillians dead from US bomb strikes in Yemen. But no worries you now know about Justin Biebers newest scandals so we will all be fine!

Learn to chill out and let others do the same.

Rant over.

Yawn.

Classic example of one of the things in this debate that royally pisses me of.

Just because I think what a football player has done here is a disgrace does not mean that I can be insulted or that the way I live my life can be brought into question or somehow rubbished because i am not lying on the floor comatose after getting hammered on a night out.  That because I think it is wrong then I do not know how to have a good time.  Or the even better "what you didnt do that when you were 19" as if there is something wrong with not doing that when in actual fact there is most definitely something wrong with doing it .

Shocking and patronising.

• Like 4

TL;DR

I am probably a bit late but all you guys who are going on about how discraceful and out of order Jacks behaviour is need to smoke some green stuff and calm down.

You sound like you have your lawn cut to exactly 6.5mm with a few hand painted garden gnomes overlooking your perfecty white fence.

Plus you probably hate the guy who walks past daily with his pitbull because, in your opinion, the breed is too dangerous.

Every time you see a yoof with a cap on backwards your finger is stuck to your Blackberry, ready to dial 999 because who knows what kids are up to nowadays.

After arriving home from Pilates and washing your Nissan Juke you are going to make yourself a cuppa and watch Pointless before the "News" (*cough* *cough*) is on.

All you want now is to watch Corrie, so it's not even worth mentioning the 25 civillians dead from US bomb strikes in Yemen. But no worries you now know about Justin Biebers newest scandals so we will all be fine!

Learn to chill out and let others do the same.

Rant over.

I don't know if this is aimed at me or not, if it is your judgement of me couldn't be far from the truth. The fact that I don't think spending a night lying in a road is the way for anyone to behave let alone a premier league footballer doesn't allow you to make judgement on how I live my life.

Let's see how the club react to this and I don't think they sit back and chill out as you suggest. They won't take a light stance on this and if jack wants to be a top player then he won't do this again. How he choses to spend his money and time in the off season is up to him but at the end of he say he has a chance that most will only dream about.

It wasn't aimed at a specific person, more at a type of mentality (is that a word? German is: Mentalität).

I think the club will punish him. That is how AVFC is expexted to act to meet the public opinion induced by the media.

But thats probably julst me being paranoid :)

Edited by LxYoungAVFC

It wasn't aimed at a specific person, more at a type of mentality (is that a word? German is: Mentalität).

Well Champ you're in the running for the most patronising post of the year, well done.

Or was my reply the most patronising of the year????? I soooo over this story now lets move on.

• Like 1

I got in that state many a time when I was 18/19. I am 10 years older now and I would like to think wiser. I would not be getting that drunk again.

While I see that it is not right for Jack to get in this state (he is a public figure after all), I think a bit of common sense is required by the club. He is 19 and on holiday with the lads. The limelight has only recently shone on him and he is still learning the ropes. Also and probably my main point is he is away from the club on holiday, providing he turns up for pre season and meets the fitness expectations imposed on him by the club what he does is his business. IF he got injured by lying on said street and couldn't play for 6 months the club would have every right to withhold his pay (just like I would not be paid by my company for any injuries sustained playing football on a Sunday).

He does need to learn that this behavior is not acceptable doing the job that he does but I really hope the club do not make a scapegoat out of him and treat this as a learning curve 

I'm not bothered about Jack's behaviour but if you look at it this way. Footballers are very privileged and Jack is probably earning more money than the prime-minister, which is rediculous so a certain degree of responsibility comes with that privilege. We had another young starlet , very gifted, Frank Pimblett and he couldn't control his behaviour and Saunders got rid and he just disapeared from the game. 

Edited by PaulC

This is all so boring.

Was he wrong to get that drunk and do what thousands of other teenagers will be doing this summer? No.

Was he a bit stupid for putting himself in a position where he can get photographed lying in the road paralytic? Yes.

I don't think it's the getting drunk that's the problem, it's the stupidity of being so blatant about it. Lets face it if he's got that close to his hotel he chose to lay in the road. 

• Like 1

Just because thousands of other teenagers do it, it doesn't make it right. Besides he isn't any other teenager, as a Premier league footballer he's meant to be one of the country's top athletes, and so should look after himself better.

Edited by useless

Quite like watching Pointless and then the News. Can't believe I'm that guy.

I have a Nissan Juke....I'm THAT GUY too

What's a Nissan Juke?

What does that make me?

Â