The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

Maybe I just like to look on the positive side and it goes against the grain but I think time is right for club and player (if wasn't going to stay for his career) although many will disagree. I think we can improve massively as a team and push on. Clubs spending money after a big sale, notoriously find it hard to spend wisely but it looks promising. He does come across as someone who loves football full stop and I imagine Grealish wants to play big games against big players as much as the trophies and money. As much as success with Villa would have meant much more than at City. We are maybe a minimum of 3 years? from competing well with Europe's best (optimistically) he will have regrets whatever his decision but what happens if he gets injured in 2 years and doesn't do either? The last few years it's said he should give us one more year, how long can that go on? until it's too late?

I don't think his head was swayed in the England camp but do think that not playing as much as he should have was the final nail in a decision I reckon he's been considering, well pretty much since we went down. We are where we are because of him, a massive part anyway and if he wasn't a fan he would have been long gone.

Last year's contract announcement has fuelled the resentment, and you can see why, especially as I think Grealish and the club knew this was a possibility of happening this summer.

My personal opinion is Purslow stretched the truth on the release clause. I don't think it was an amount that they didn't think would be reached. It seems like an amount that was negotiated between Grealish (Agent) and the club as fair value if someone did want him.

I'm sure there's lot more I could say on it but that's long enough.

8 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Grealish is milking this deal all over his Instagram just as much as Man City does.

what do you expect them/him to do, say nothing?

They've just signed a player for a record fee. The 'poster boy' of English football and one hell of a talented footballer.

They are the current champions and likely champions for next season. They are the media darlings that all of the pundits spawn over.

Of course they and him are going to milk it now and for as long as they can so it keeps the 'brand' going for as long as possible.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, briny_ear said:

Genuinely don’t understand how anyone can wish Jack anything but all the best for the future, after all he has done for us over the past 4 years. 

As the absolutely dominant player in the team he got us out of the championship, kept us in the premier league against the odds and got us to 11th last season. Who knows where we could have ended if he hadn’t got injured.

He now has about 4-5 years left at most at the peak of his abilities and he obviously will want to challenge at the highest level.

Sorry if this upsets some but there is no way Villa could provide that level of football over the next four years. Even if the wild talk of us challenging for the “next level” and getting to the Champions league is true, it would take 4-5 years to get there by which time his career is starting to wind down. Why shouldn’t he take the opportunity to go higher now?

The challenge for the Villa owners, scouting and coaching teams is to show they are capable of continuing the progress of recent seasons without over-relying on one exceptionally talented player.

All the negative, petulant, spiteful energy in this thread seems a waste of time - what’s it going to achieve?

Time to give the head a wobble and get on with supporting Villa next season rather than hating a former player?

I think you are one needing to give your head a wobble mate, I wouldn't give a shit normally but all the 'my City my club' bullshit he spouted last year 🤮 really makes me sick!

59 minutes ago, bobzy said:

It's beyond "bitter" or "a nasty piece of work" to be honest.

Our fan base is embarrassing itself over this move, sadly.

No it’s not. Fans get upset when their team lose their best players. People get that and it’s not embarrasing in the slightest. No need to be so precious about it. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, El Zen said:

No it’s not. Fans get upset when their team lose their best players. People get that and it’s not embarrasing in the slightest. No need to be so precious about it. 

Wishing leg breaking tackles though is pathetic. hoping he loses form or something or stays on the bench

5 hours ago, Genie said:

@El Zen picking up here due to being off topic in off topic…

I don’t see a huge difference between Man City blowing a fortune on our best player to what we (and other clubs) do picking up the best players from from the next tier down.

I don’t agree it’s impossible to compete with them because Leicester have proved you can if you’re run well and recruit well. 
Their shirt sponsorship deal isn’t in the top 10 biggest.

Them spending £100m on Grealish is just what we’re doing but ratcheted up to their relatively bigger income (which is proportionate to their success)

We have relatively similar income to teams like Southampton though. Actually less in many cases as we've only been a PL club for 2 seasons now. They can also do what we do but choose not to, or do it poorly.

It's not the same as City generating (and fabricating) income on an entirely different plane to everyone else. We can't compete with that. Likely never will. Southampton can compete with us. I don't like this false equivalence with City just because we choose to be ambitious and use more of our revenue on transfers than some of the other owners who prefer to penny pinch and pocket the money.

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

Wishing leg breaking tackles though is pathetic. hoping he loses form or something or stays on the bench

Well, yeah, but that’s not our entire fanbase, and it’s obviously said in affect. It’s certainly not worth getting embarrassed about. Nobody really cares. 

14 minutes ago, El Zen said:

People want him to get injured for a long, long time and have resorted to calling him childish names that we used to ridicule other (Blues) fans for.

Of course it's **** embarrassing - nothing precious in it at all.

• Like 1

Just now, bobzy said:

People want him to get injured for a long, long time and have resorted to calling him childish names that we used to ridicule other (Blues) fans for.

Of course it's **** embarrassing - nothing precious in it at all.

Nah, obviously said in affect and nobody really cares or pays attention to it. Not worth your embarrasment. It’s football. It’s emotional. It’s supposed to be. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, delboy54 said:

I wonder if Jack lay on is golden bed last night or woke up this morning, thinking "what the hell have I done?"...........

He probably slept in that armchair I've seen him sitting in every time I see him. Possibly a nice peice of IKEA furniture.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, El Zen said:

Nah, obviously said in affect and nobody really cares or pays attention to it. Not worth your embarrasment. It’s football. It’s emotional. It’s supposed to be. 

Too easy as a get-out: saying woeful bitter stuff and then excusing yourself by playing the "just bantz innit" card. Having your cake and eating it.  Always reveals more about the poster than the poster can control.  People should honestly try and bottle this sort of stuff up if they can.  

29 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

I saw some Man City PR and he said he's a big Love Island fan.  Begone Jack and never darken our door again.

I would've been incredibly surprised if he WASN'T a big Love Island fan. And Love Island is probably as intellectual and deep as it gets for him.

1 hour ago, deck said:

This is exactly how a lot of Manchester City fans would be hoping Villa fans will be reacting.  

It's also how SHA, Albion, Wolves, Leeds fans will have hoped our fans would be reacting too.

34 minutes ago, Zatman said:

What difference does it make? Wishing it isn't going to make it any more or less likely to happen, it's just an expression of anger. I'm sure Grealish isn't going to be crying in his cornflakes about some nasty people on the internet, bloke's bringing home 50k a day for his 'dream come true' move, to the point that just being given the kit 'made his year'. **** him, duplicitous prick. I'm not going to wish anything on anybody but if someone absolutely crunches him in the charity shield five minutes after he comes off the bench I'm sure I'll have a wry chuckle. 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, deck said:

Too easy as a get-out: saying woeful bitter stuff and then excusing yourself by playing the "just bantz innit" card. Having your cake and eating it.  Always reveals more about the poster than the poster can control.  People should honestly try and bottle this sort of stuff up if they can.  

Well again, yeah, but it’s not worth getting embarrassed about. People on the internet saying in affect they hope Grealish breaks his legs =/= all Villa fans are violent bitter psychos. And any reasonable person out there gets that. Not worth the attention you give it by getting embarrassed. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, blunther said:

What difference does it make? Wishing it isn't going to make it any more or less likely to happen, it's just an expression of anger. I'm sure Grealish isn't going to be crying in his cornflakes about some nasty people on the internet, bloke's bringing home 50k a day for his 'dream come true' move, to the point that just being given the kit 'made his year'. **** him, duplicitous prick. I'm not going to wish anything on anybody but if someone absolutely crunches him in the charity shield five minutes after he comes off the bench I'm sure I'll have a wry chuckle. 

Of course it isnt but still makes look childish especially when some of the people are probably twice Grealishs age 😂

Â