The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

The club comes out of this saga stronger and more united. We’ve been shown to be a real contender for the top half with the ambitions to back it up. Nobody is disputing the exceptional talent of Jack, I do however reject this revisionism about how he single handedly got us promoted or X, Y, Z. Last I checked, he didn’t really turn up in those finals, it was a team effort. Plastic Jack and his glass shins can go on to achieve what he wants but most fans won’t forget the negatives either. We aren’t stupid or fickle. His love of Villa as a player was conditional after all. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, briny_ear said:

Genuinely don’t understand how anyone can wish Jack anything but all the best for the future, after all he has done for us over the past 4 years. 

As the absolutely dominant player in the team he got us out of the championship, kept us in the premier league against the odds and got us to 11th last season. Who knows where we could have ended if he hadn’t got injured.

He now has about 4-5 years left at most at the peak of his abilities and he obviously will want to challenge at the highest level.

Sorry if this upsets some but there is no way Villa could provide that level of football over the next four years. Even if the wild talk of us challenging for the “next level” and getting to the Champions league is true, it would take 4-5 years to get there by which time his career is starting to wind down. Why shouldn’t he take the opportunity to go higher now?

The challenge for the Villa owners, scouting and coaching teams is to show they are capable of continuing the progress of recent seasons without over-relying on one exceptionally talented player.

All the negative, petulant, spiteful energy in this thread seems a waste of time - what’s it going to achieve?

Time to give the head a wobble and get on with supporting Villa next season rather than hating a former player?

You ever been through a break up Briny ? The bitterness is for that reason . And that if Jack beilieved we could get to the chumps league then we could dream as well. Him basically saying sorry i lied and  the specific clause allowing him to leave for chumps league teams really fookin hurts . Its a massive reality check and has taken all the romance away for me .

In 12 months time i am sure i will be ambivalent about it and actually secretly feel proud if he is doing well at Shitty. 

But at the moment i am feeling hurt and upset that he has gone and i will be really pissed off and angry at him for a good while yet. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, briny_ear said:

Genuinely don’t understand how anyone can wish Jack anything but all the best for the future, after all he has done for us over the past 4 years. 

As the absolutely dominant player in the team he got us out of the championship, kept us in the premier league against the odds and got us to 11th last season. Who knows where we could have ended if he hadn’t got injured.

He now has about 4-5 years left at most at the peak of his abilities and he obviously will want to challenge at the highest level.

Sorry if this upsets some but there is no way Villa could provide that level of football over the next four years. Even if the wild talk of us challenging for the “next level” and getting to the Champions league is true, it would take 4-5 years to get there by which time his career is starting to wind down. Why shouldn’t he take the opportunity to go higher now?

The challenge for the Villa owners, scouting and coaching teams is to show they are capable of continuing the progress of recent seasons without over-relying on one exceptionally talented player.

All the negative, petulant, spiteful energy in this thread seems a waste of time - what’s it going to achieve?

Time to give the head a wobble and get on with supporting Villa next season rather than hating a former player?

Agree with this - it hurts, of course it does.  But it's also understandable from where he is as a truly elite footballer.  For what it's worth, while I'm gutted, I'll have pride as a Villa fan if he goes on to really big things.

• Like 1

Apparently Monday evening the villa hierarchy and everyone was convinced he was going to stay at villa.

My Guess would be Man city upped his salary the reported £360k per is over double what he was on at villa.

3 hours ago, Morley_crosses_to_Withe said:

Stuff like this is also why I hope none of our players ever play for England again.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2021/aug/05/jack-grealish-seals-record-100m-manchester-city-move-from-aston-villa

Translated as: “Yeah, I was tapped up by the players too. They tap each other up all the time on international duty”

Oh and…Stonesy, Raz, Walks 🤮

That little group certainly comes across as the lairy lads faction (especially Walker and Grealish); less innocent Gascoignes rather than Beckhams (for all Beckham's love of flash, he's never come across as boorish to me). Rashford and Mings and Phillips all seem emotionally more mature, more socially aware, more conscious of how their privileged status comes with certain obligations in terms of how you conduct yourself in public.  I can well believe that Grealish's laddishness has grated on Mings' nerves at times. 

Edited by deck
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, TRO said:

I totally agree.

I think your view, is the mature one and I am warming more and more to it.

Jack has been great for us , and we great for him....as his talent grew, so did his desire to play amongst the best, we have to try and understand that....I don't question Jacks allegiance to Villa, in fact some Man city fans may come to be miffed with that.

Ha has clearly wants to test his talent with the best players, its hard to see past that, but of course our immediate concerns is not weakening the team.

Despite losing a rare talent, he can't make up for 3 good signings and I think the club have addressed the situation very well....we was a one man team and at times it showed....That had to change.

If we can find a dominant centre Midfielder, I think we will be formidable....its sad to see him go, but I happy with how Villa are responding and the ambition, they are showing.

Jacks leaving was almost inevitable, as his 5 year contract was set up accordingly, its been a bee in his bonnet for some time, it must have affected some of our players, I'm glad its resolved.

No animosity from me, I wish him well, except against us......and I look forward to a more rounded Villa team.

I hope the crowd in general, drop the issue and get behind our new players and give them some of the Jack Grealish support, they deserve.

Great post!

49 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

He's already forgotten Villa, let's face it.

Those comments just prove it, sell your soul Greal-hiss.

Ultimately we are stronger without him and the reliance on one player is so dangerous.

At the end of the day, the club knew this......win/win

1 hour ago, DJ_Villain said:

Don’t care if I get called “bitter” or “a nasty piece of work” etc etc.

I really, really hope someone does a hatchet job on him that puts him out of action for a long, long time…

It's beyond "bitter" or "a nasty piece of work" to be honest.

Our fan base is embarrassing itself over this move, sadly.

• Like 4

45 minutes ago, briny_ear said:

well said Briny.

I say to all fans, Hate is a burden to carry....channel that energy in to supporting the new players, they're our future now.

I am really looking forward to the new season, with a more balanced team.

ps ........bye Jack, it was good while it lasted.

1 hour ago, DJ_Villain said:

Don’t care if I get called “bitter” or “a nasty piece of work” etc etc.

I really, really hope someone does a hatchet job on him that puts him out of action for a long, long time…

This is exactly how a lot of Manchester City fans would be hoping Villa fans will be reacting.  Honestly, you should just keep this stuff inside and go down to the bottom of the garden or something and yell it all out.  What City fans don't want to see is Villa fans accepting with good grace.  You might not be really feeling that way, but that's how Villa fans should be reacting: just flash a cryptic smile, and nod and mutter something about how things move on and change.  Class is acting in the right way even though you're seething or collapsing on the inside.  Only class can neutralise the jeers.  Anger and bitterness and wishing injury upon him just fuels their mockery.

Edited by deck

16 minutes ago, bobzy said:

It's beyond "bitter" or "a nasty piece of work" to be honest.

Our fan base is embarrassing itself over this move, sadly.

some of the fan base.

36 minutes ago, hippo said:

Apparently Monday evening the villa hierarchy and everyone was convinced he was going to stay at villa.

My Guess would be Man city upped his salary the reported £360k per is over double what he was on at villa.

If Messi became available last week then I think Jack would have been slung to the side

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dappadan said:

If Messi became available last week then I think Jack would have been slung to the side

You really get the sense they wanted Messi more. Not that I care, it’s even more pressure on glass shins now.

Â