The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

Last time I’ll be in this thread I imagine. I do mostly wish him well. Thought Purslow’s statement was good. Grateful for some good memories. Think we have strengthened the squad so fine with how we are now.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Sorry but i'm not in the mood to appease under 25 year old Brand Grealish FC types who are trying their hardest to convince me of what a legend he is, how grateful the club should be and how i should be willing him to " smash it ".

THIS

Why do people do that?
He isnt one of us anymore... The more he succeeds, the worse we do...

Im hoping and praying all the worst for him...

3 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Sorry but i'm not in the mood to appease under 25 year old Brand Grealish FC types who are trying their hardest to convince me of what a legend he is, how grateful the club should be and how i should be willing him to " smash it ".

Just out of interest, what was your reaction towards the club when they got rid of the Moore brothers and Vassell?

He’s happy to trade a legacy at villa for personal success. Not too surprising in this day and age. The board have done the right thing ON PAPER, lets see if it comes off on the pitch.

8 minutes ago, maqroll said:

I'm 50. Old enough to not get too dramatic about it. 😃

In that case, putting him in the conversation with ACTUAL Villa legends is even more bemusing.

Means you are fully aware and doing them a total disservice.

In my humble opinion.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

The fact that he told us all how much he believed in the Villa project, but at the same time asked for a release clause in case a CL club came in for him, speaks volumes really. Just telling us what we wanted to hear.

I can't imagine that he'll get a very warm welcome upon his return to VP. I think that little bit of news has certainly changed a lot of people's minds. 

Funny to be going to City to play in the CL when they were one of the clubs who wanted to essentially destroy it a few months ago.

1 hour ago, Sulberto21 said:

If we set the release clause then it's a bit too low for my liking. We could have fleeced em for more.

I agree. £100m isn't acceptable compensation for what Villa have lost. I was of that opinion last summer, too.

Major miscalculation by the club?...Or taking one for Jack who, on advice from his agent, insisted on the figure? 🤔 Guess we'll never know. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Cizzler said:

Did it all single-handedy, did he. Guess if he hasn’t has to miss all of those games he’d have won the treble.

I don’t blame him, but the hero/legend talk is nauseating. A very good player who is now an ex-player, nothing more.

We got 16 points in 15 games in the matches he missed

60 points in 31 in the matches he played

Yes, he did it by himself

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, SidSidSidSid said:

I agree. £100m isn't acceptable compensation for what Villa have lost. I was of that opinion last summer, too.

Major miscalculation by the club?...Or taking one for Jack who, on advice from his agent, insisted on the figure? 🤔 Guess we'll never know. 

To be fair Christian Purslow said the board decided the figure. I guess they totally miscalculated. Any new contract surely would have had a world record fee release clause. 

Edited by Sulberto21

Â