The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

1 minute ago, maqroll said:

Most players of his calibre would have left the day after we got relegated. 

Most others would have left after we just avoided another relegation on the last day the following season.

He obviously loves Aston Villa. It was a professional decision to make the jump to City. He's earned the move.

All this snake talk is embarrassing, frankly. 

He was the brightest star to play for Villa in my 26 years following the club. It's been a thrill. I thank him for that,  and wish him well.

It is sad to see that promo video. But look at where we are now as a club, in large part because of Jack Grealish!

Exciting days ahead, and I suspect he will look on with nire than a tinge of envy for missing out on what is around the corner for the Villa.

He wanted to go last summer

24 minutes ago, RimmyJimmer said:

Haven't been on villatalk for over 12 months and reading some posts on here I now remember why. 

Think I'll give it 2 years this time

'See you soon' 

1 minute ago, maqroll said:

Most players of his calibre would have left the day after we got relegated. 

Why do people keep regurgitating this nonsense as if he was anywhere near the player he is now, back then, or that anybody wanted him at the time?

Is it a coping mechanism?

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Olof82Mellberg4 said:

Got us promoted, kept us up, established us in the league.

Punched by a Blues fan, then buried them and laughed at them.

Lad is a **** hero.

giphy.gif

His leaving posts have got me as expected. I’m gutted. 

I’m not a child, I can respect the fact we’re a million miles off City and can’t offer him the trophies and European football. He helped get us promoted, he pretty much single-handedly kept us up and now we’ve got £100m from him to move on and start a new era. It’s absolutely nothing like the Delph situation. 

I’m devastated it’s come to an end but I personally wish him the best. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Why do people keep regurgitating this nonsense as if he was anywhere near the player he is now, back then, or that anybody wanted him at the time?

Is it a coping mechanism?

I'm sure Prem clubs were sniffing  around when we were in the C Ship.

18 minutes ago, hippo said:

This thread since Monday has been hilarious. Footy banter at its best. To me football is about the banter, endless discussions and the wicked jokes !

CL ? - it's feckin boring - I don't watch it.

Archbishop of Banterbury

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Olof82Mellberg4 said:

Got us promoted, kept us up, established us in the league.

Punched by a Blues fan, then buried them and laughed at them.

Lad is a **** hero.

Did it all single-handedy, did he. Guess if he hasn’t has to miss all of those games he’d have won the treble.

I don’t blame him, but the hero/legend talk is nauseating. A very good player who is now an ex-player, nothing more.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Sorry but i'm not in the mood to appease under 25 year old Brand Grealish FC types who are trying their hardest to convince me of what a legend he is, how grateful the club should be and how i should be willing him to " smash it ".

I'm 50. Old enough to not get too dramatic about it. 😃

• Like 2

Jack - you may win loads of medals but the fans won't love you like we did here. Hope its worth it for you. 

• Like 3

Â