The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

I am absolutely flabbergasted at the amount of people who think that being so intoxicated that your your lying unconscious in the middle of the road, is standard behaviour. That's bad enough for a normal person, never mind a professional athlete.

• Like 1

I really can't believe how uptight and miserable some people are.

I can't believe how defensive people are getting just because some posters think it's disappointing to see one of our professional footballers get into the position that he's photographed lying down in the street drunk.
  • Like 1

Like the verbal abuse his brother gave a woman on twitter you mean?

He is responsible for his brother's actions too? Ok.

Is that what I said?

What you driving at then, bad parenting?

I've been to squat parties and the Cambridge May Ball.

Many 19 year olds like to get wasted, whether they're called Jack or Ptolomeo.

They make mistakes too, that's how they learn stuff.

• Like 1

19 year old lad gets pissed on holiday.  Total overreaction from the media as usual.

As for the role model thing, well name me a lad who gets to about 16/17 (younger in some cases) and DOESN'T want to get pissed?..........

If I was that age again (I wish haha) and my favourite player sat at home drinking cups of tea and eating digestives, would I want to behave too?

Hell no, I'd be down the offy for six litres of strong cider for £1.99........

And I'm a 46 year old bloke with a family and a nice place to live etc nowadays.

Edited by NorthernGordon

19 year old lad gets pissed on holiday. Total overreaction from the media as usual.

As for the role model thing, well name me a lad who gets to about 16/17 (younger in some cases) and DOESN'T want to get pissed?..........

If I was that age again (I wish haha) and my favourite player sat at home drinking cups of tea and eating digestives, would I want to behave too?

James Milner.

Whenever someone asked him if he wanted to get drunk, he had a nice cup of tea and a 10 mile run around the local countryside.

I think we all did stupid stuff when younger and I look back and think what a bloody idiot I was on occasions, just like I look at Grealish and think what an idiot.

This one incident will not ruin his career, but he's done himself no favours and it puts unnecessary attention on him and the club. For a young athlete to reach their full potential they must make sacrifices, if he wants to be a normal teenager then he's not going to be the best football player he can possibly be, because normal teenagers aren't world class athletes.

The only thing he's done wrong is get caught on camera, there is no 19 year old professional footballer on the planet that wouldn't be doing that when the season has finished.

You think every 19 year old footballer ends up passed out in the middle of the road, on their own, in a foreign country?
I would go as far to say any 19 year old lad with that kind of money, footballer or not. I've been in that state in my youth, and know if plenty others the same.

19 year old lad gets pissed on holiday.  Total overreaction from the media as usual.

And I'm a 46 year old bloke with a family and a nice place to live etc nowadays.

Where can you get 6 litres of strong cider for £1.99 I need to get there

Where can you get 6 litres of strong cider for £1.99 I need to get there

By the looks of the post, 1988. ;)

• Like 2

i expected this thread to pop back up, lol

i'm not even going to bother reading any comments because i know what its going to be full of.

he may now be a professional athlete, but everyone is entitled to time out, what else is a 19 yr old lad going to do with mates? its also not like he had a match the following day

players used to do alot worst, george best anyone? how about our own paul mcgrath? even lee hendrie used to do coke in the toilets in solihull, what about that time stefan postma got into a fight with a few heatheans and sparked them out?

ok, i'm sure he will have a stern telling off, and we wont see anything like this for say, another 12 months?

let the kid be a kid before the fame puts weight onto his shoulders

Edited by AndyBM

Surely if this was during the season he may have a case to answer but it's not. Yes he is a footballer but that's his job. I know most of us dream about having the opportunity but to him it's just that a job and after the season he's just had he fed serves to have a blow out. I'd say most people have been drunk and fell asleep some where other than their bed T one stage or another. It doesn't mean he was doing anything that'd damage his career or anything like the over top reaction we have seen today.

Not all 19yos end up like that for a start, and I, like the club I'd imagine, are probably starting to get fed up of issuing statements every 5 minutes defending a player that has just broke through and done nothing to prove himself yet other than crave attention by wearing stupid shin pads and a stupid hair cut. He may be from birnjngham, he may be a villa fan and a family man but I don't want my club having to defend an idiot and issue statements month to month about what he's done next. Even if he had reached the stage where he had proved his ability I still wouldn't want it. If this was a blues player we d be laughing at the great 'unwashed'and how chavvy they are. Can't continue for me regardless of how small reach incident is. And to those blanking the photographer you may as well be scousers, not her fault she found a premier league footballer paralytic on the street. She even tried to help him. I'd take a PIC to

He needs to grow up and quick. I can see both sides of the argument but he has a certain amount of responsibility on his shoulders now, that comes with the position he is in as a role model and professional athlete, plus the wage he is earning factor in too.

He needs to get this silly behaviour out of his system. Hopefully he learns from this and cleans up his act a bit.

Â