Jump to content

Jack Grealish


kevangrealish
 Share

Recommended Posts

Guessing everything must be in place now and it’s City just waiting on him to give the final go ahead and sign on the dotted line. 

Assume will happen in the next half hour, if doesn’t I think there’s still some serious conversations going on inside his head and with his family. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I genuinely think even the owners, management and players were probably all taken by surprise.

It's one of the reasons it all feels so slimey to me.

I mean, they were all indicating he was going nowhere, and that the team was being built around him, even after seasons close.

They were fully mugged and Jack lied to all of them. Deal was done months ago. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Imagine if by some quirk of fate City go through a barren spell and he walks away with a couple of League Cups and a Europa League medal?

Wait a second, our last Trophy was in 1995-96, the season Jack was born, and we've not won anything since...

He's the reason we've not won anything since! and he's taking one for the team and giving City the curse instead, genius!

tenor.gif?itemid=13613808

Edited by MessiWillSignForVilla
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, sidcow said:

I STILL don't understand the training camp thing.  Genuinely baffles me.

The same. I honestly think the club thought there was a good chance of him staying. Otherwise it made no sense, and we do sense lately.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Tommo_b said:

Guessing everything must be in place now and it’s City just waiting on him to give the final go ahead and sign on the dotted line. 

Assume will happen in the next half hour, if doesn’t I think there’s still some serious conversations going on inside his head and with his family. 

Sorry to break it to you but he’s gone. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

Not me. He couldn't give the club any of his real prime years in my book. Legacy tarnished because of the manner after the contract renewal and the shit he come out with on signing the new deal. To think he'd been planning this at the back end of last season would not surprise me if this is why we were reluctant to bring him back. To concerned about himself.

Yeah, he given us some great moments. We've watched him grow, but lets not also forget how much the fans invested in him over the years, elevating him as much as anything. 

You don't snake off to win trophies and then come back when you've finished poncing about like some come home hero. FFS, what is the world coming to. 

I'm not in too much on us bringing Young back either but Jackanory is another level of turncoat in my book.

Might seem petty to some but that's me unfortunately when it comes to Villa. VTID and militant with it.

 

seeing young on the bench who used to be our main man shows how far we've come though

i'd have jack back just so he can rot on the bench and play keepie ups at half time, watching the villa fans singing the names of their new heroes and not his

Link to comment
Share on other sites


Just now, Mazrim said:

The same. I honestly think the club thought there was a good chance of him staying. Otherwise it made no sense, and we do sense lately.

Grealish agreed terms with city months ago. This whole charade about training etc was about trying to get the best payment terms for city re the 100m. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I STILL don't understand the training camp thing.  Genuinely baffles me.

As bizarre as it seemed at the time, I still think that was simply a contractually obligated player required to show up to work until the deal was actually close to being finalized.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Mazrim said:

The same. I honestly think the club thought there was a good chance of him staying. Otherwise it made no sense, and we do sense lately.

I wonder if it was us putting him on the spot? Trying to 'show the world' what we're doing - Lange sharing prospective transfers details? Demonstrating we're doing everything we can to keep him and demonstrating it's him tht wants to leave? 
 

Link to comment
Share on other sites


Just now, DakotaVilla said:

Grealish agreed terms with city months ago. This whole charade about training etc was about trying to get the best payment terms for city re the 100m. 

I know for a fact it wasn't "done" months ago. Also, how stupid are NSWE? Not very. So why offer terms to a player who has "gone".

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • VT Supporter
Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

As bizarre as it seemed at the time, I still think that was simply a contractually obligated player required to show up to work until the deal was actually close to being finalized.

Yes, but he should have been out of the way at Bodymoor Heath with a fitness coach.  Not plastered all over social media.

I hope his blisters get really sore.

Edited by sidcow
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, commander said:

I wonder if it was us putting him on the spot? Trying to 'show the world' what we're doing - Lange sharing prospective transfers details? Demonstrating we're doing everything we can to keep him and demonstrating it's him tht wants to leave? 
 

Possibly. Either way, I'm glad Grealish is the one that comes out of this looking bad. We need to be united behind Smith and NSWE now.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Tommo_b said:

Yeah I assume so, just what’s taking so long.

Tour of the facilities, having his family there, videos, pictures, meeting the players and coaches and owner. This transfer has broken the English record and he’s their star signing. Probably a shit ton of stuff for him to do before they actually release the nail in the coffin tweet.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Mazrim said:

I know for a fact it wasn't "done" months ago. Also, how stupid are NSWE? Not very. So why offer terms to a player who has "gone".

So according to your sources what miraculously changed in the last few weeks?

Link to comment
Share on other sites


9 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I STILL don't understand the training camp thing.  Genuinely baffles me.

just lip service so that we don't think he's a dick

looking back he barely did anything and the whole 'blisters' cobblers doesn't wash with me

might as well have done a Kane. think about the kids that all got pics with him. must have given them so much hope only to crush them 2 days later

Edited by tomav84
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, DakotaVilla said:

So when his agent leaked to talksport and the daily mail that terms had been agreed during the euros that was incorrect?

His agent has been agitating this all along, including chatting pure shit. Because he's a massive vagina. Also, terms being agreed is not a deal being done. Villa had not accepted a bid at that point, and had planned to keep him.

 

Actually, I no longer care. Think what you like.

Edited by Mazrim
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of use Terms of Use, Cookies We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Â