The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

10 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Fair enough but did you really see us making the champions league this season or winning a trophy. We are still two or three years away from doing that and Grealish is mid twenties.  

No but getting to the Europa league this year didn’t seem so out of the question.

• Like 1

Just now, a m ole said:

Yeah, I’m not hurt. I understand it, it’s just boring. What a boring choice to make.

If he went to United last year, I'd totally understand it and would be watching his career with interest. There's a legitimate challenge there and room to prove himself. It's going to be tough for them to make ground on City, but if they do it'd be very satisfying and rewarding.

Going to City though? He'll have a trophy under his belt this weekend without even kicking a ball. How boring is that. This is our 3rd captain they've taken from us in 12 years :lol: 

If Grealish is viewing all of this as strictly business, then perhaps so should we. And if we do, we will see that flipping Jack for 4-5 other top players puts us in a much better position. 

So while I'm sad that we won't enjoy his silky, languid moves as a Villa player, I'm really excited about all these new signings. 

Europa League is in our sights.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Nah I’m gone now.  I just wanted something concrete and the photo of him in the Man City car got me there.  I’m in the angry phase now!

All the fluffy stuff now from others about wishing him well and we shouldn’t be call him a snake just grates at me at the moment.

One of our own turns his back on us, he’s a snake and he can go f##k himself!

You're about 48 hours behind the rest of us mate. Enjoy the ride 😂

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, Keyblade said:

If he went to United last year, I'd totally understand it and would be watching his career with interest. There's a legitimate challenge there and room to prove himself. It's going to be tough for them to make ground on City, but if they do it'd be very satisfying and rewarding.

Going to City though? He'll have a trophy under his belt this weekend without even kicking a ball. How boring is that. This is our 3rd captain they've taken from us in 12 years :lol: 

I love this whole "boring" argument.  It's utterly bizarre.

18 minutes ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

My guess is it’ll be something along the lines of:

”Couldn’t pass up the opportunity to play for the Great Guardiola and KDB.”

“Close mates with a bunch of the guys from being on the England squad.”

“Want to compete with and against the best in the world.” 

close mates ex temates say thanks pal

1 minute ago, maqroll said:

If Grealish is viewing all of this as strictly business, then perhaps so should we. And if we do, we will see that flipping Jack for 4-5 other top players puts us in a much better position. 

So while I'm sad that we won't enjoy his silky, languid moves as a Villa player, I'm really excited about all these new signings. 

Europa League is in our sights.

I'm sure that's how NSWE and Purslow see it.  I'm not going to be too bitter about it, even if I have lost a bit of money.  I think as a hard-nosed business decision both sides will be better off.  We move on.

I'm sure it wasn't Jack's intention, but by leaving he's given us a golden opportunity to stop being "Grealish's team" and become one of the most exciting units in the Premier League.

A one man team has a low ceiling and by finishing eleventh last season we were banging our heads on that ceiling.

Some excellent recruiting by our management (and I don't think we're finished yet) means that we can genuinely compete for a top seven finish without infringing the slightly loosened FFP rules.

Onwards and upwards .... Thanks Jack.

• Like 2

Just now, bobzy said:

I love this whole "boring" argument.  It's utterly bizarre.

Is it? I understand he's a professional and strives for success and honours, but how satisfying is that success if it's completely unchallenging? We're talking about a team that hasn't lost a League Cup game for 5 years because they have players of Jack's quality as reserves. They're so far clear of the rest of the league it's kind of funny.

18 minutes ago, Reivax_Villa said:

Do you think Villa fans will be open to him coming back in the future?

Not me. He couldn't give the club any of his real prime years in my book. Legacy tarnished because of the manner after the contract renewal and the shit he come out with on signing the new deal. To think he'd been planning this at the back end of last season would not surprise me if this is why we were reluctant to bring him back. To concerned about himself.

Yeah, he given us some great moments. We've watched him grow, but lets not also forget how much the fans invested in him over the years, elevating him as much as anything. 

You don't snake off to win trophies and then come back when you've finished poncing about like some come home hero. FFS, what is the world coming to. 

I'm not in too much on us bringing Young back either but Jackanory is another level of turncoat in my book.

Might seem petty to some but that's me unfortunately when it comes to Villa. VTID and militant with it.

• Like 1

reporter on talksport just defending citeh saying he has to, its ridiculous that people are saying they have just bought success and that they've only ever broken the uk transfer record twice. You have to admire their ambition trying to sign Grealish and kane, they mean business, very admirable too that they are going for English players. ffs, give me strength. We've got numpties on here too saying its not all about money, wobble youre heads.

Oh and suck shit Jack.

1 minute ago, villabromsgrove said:

I'm sure it wasn't Jack's intention, but by leaving he's given us a golden opportunity to stop being "Grealish's team" and become one of the most exciting units in the Premier League.

A one man team has a low ceiling and by finishing eleventh last season we were banging our heads on that ceiling.

Some excellent recruiting by our management (and I don't think we're finished yet) means that we can genuinely compete for a top seven finish without infringing the slightly loosened FFP rules.

Onwards and upwards .... Thanks Jack.

I love him to bits as a player, he is sublime but we all know that having Jack is not conducive to having a balanced team, genius southgate has educated us all. 

We will be stronger I'm sure.

• Like 1

Allback of all people, at the back post?

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/jack-grealish-man-city-transfer-21236478

Jack Grealish receives late Aston Villa plea after Man City medical

Former Aston Villa striker Marcus Allback has urged Jack Grealish to reconsider his transfer to Man City

Jack Grealish has been urged to change his mind about joining Manchester City by former Aston Villa striker Marcus Allback..

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Haha 1

Â