The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

4 minutes ago, Mantis said:

Wonder if the club will announce another signing as soon as Grealish is gone? I mean Ings came out of nowhere so you never know.

Yeah, I bet the limbo where Jack was still training with us was for the club to get some signings through the door while it appeared the transfer was still up in the air and clubs wouldn't fleece us.

• Like 1

Just feel kind of empty now, gutted he's gone, don't wish him a serious injury or anything but hopes he flops in the light blue, it's a real shame that he couldn't continue living our dream, the fans dream (for another year), but I genuinely don't think it was an easy decision for him and I don't really get the snake remarks, yes he may have had the clause put in(?), but he's been way too good for us for several years now, the fact he is as good as he is is the reason why it hurts like it does. He has brought us so much enjoyment. I think he is desperate to play Champions League, and the opportunity to work with Pep, play with De Bruyne was just too tempting. Does that mean he isn't one of us?! I don't think so. We should be proud that he's a Villan and the coaching staff, Dean, et al should be proud that they have helped produce a player of his calibre. The way the blues go on about Bellingham who's only been there 5 minutes is ridiculous, incomparable to what we have with Jack yet they have retired his shirt. I think once the dust settles, the hurt wears away, people will understand (a little) of the difficult decision he had to make and he will be welcomed back to VP - Obviously not whilst wearing another teams colours. I hope that amongst our bright academy that another flame can be ignited, the likes of Louie Barry, Carney Chukwuemeka or Brad Young all look to have huge potential, particularly for me Carney who I think will be the real deal all being well. I also hope for a couple more additions to this window. Potentially we have a better all round squad this season on last season, but we have just lost one of (if not) the best player in the league and I think we need to just flex our muscles a bit more to push us into European places. We have great owners who have handled this (& every transfer) with such dignity and backing us financially and we still have a Villa man as our gaffer, I think we are still in a really good place. Jack who?

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Guessing the club will issue a 2 sentence paragraph about the transfer concluding 

Hope they bury it in announcing our new captain .. tyrone mings who replaces our previous captain who has now left the club. We wish him well

1 minute ago, Reivax_Villa said:

Do you think Villa fans will be open to him coming back in the future?

Yep we need somebody to clean the skid marks from the toilets.

Just now, Big Salad said:

Curious what his 'rationale' will be for moving to City when has his first presser there?🤔🤢

My guess is it’ll be something along the lines of:

”Couldn’t pass up the opportunity to play for the Great Guardiola and KDB.”

“Close mates with a bunch of the guys from being on the England squad.”

“Want to compete with and against the best in the world.” 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Reivax_Villa said:

If we're recruiting in that area and he's good enough to come back on his own merits, maybe.

3 minutes ago, Reivax_Villa said:

If he wants to come back in a few years while he’s still in his prime and help us win trophies, then sure. But if he tries to come back washed at age 36 for some sort of nostalgic “last ride with my club” BS then he can not even bother 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Big Salad said:

Curious what his 'rationale' will be for moving to City when has his first presser there?🤔🤢

Desire to play against the best, win trophies, play champions league. Basically the reasons why he has HAS gone.

• Like 1

Â