The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

Just now, Wainy316 said:

People are angry now but I'm sure we'll be welcoming him back with open arms later in his career.  That's if the club hasn't surpassed him by then 😎

Fingers crossed we're not in a position to be begging for the over-the-hill scraps from Man City in a few years.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, RichiBoi11 said:

I understand this view completely, but part of the difference between him and us is that we are all fans, but he's also an elite level athlete. You don't get to those levels without incredible levels of commitment and determination. Yes he probably does feel torn and might not want to go from a fans perspective, but if you're determined enough to get to the level he has, and you have an opportunity to potentially go up even more in a new environment, it stands to reason he'd consider it, and decide it's something he wants to do.

I don't want him to go, and when he does I won't be welcoming him back whenever he plays for the opposition, but similarly I won't boo him. He'll just be another athlete, another opponent. He's decided to leave where most fans wouldn't, but most fans would never be able to get to the position he's in anyway,  and the traits that got him there are why this is happening.

I understand what your saying, and I understand that he is an athlete, but I think the point stands. At this time, with this ownership and the investment and ambition of our owners, I cannot understand any Villa fan wanting to leave the club this season. We are not in a relegation fight, or in a different division. The direction of travel is clear and fast, and we are going to be serious contenders to qualify for European competition this season, why would any fan want to leave now? 

3 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

People are angry now but I'm sure we'll be welcoming him back with open arms later in his career.  That's if the club hasn't surpassed him by then 😎

If we are then something has gone very wrong with the direction of the club in the coming years. As much as this may have been a once in a lifetime opportunity to join Man City, the same cuts the other way. Who's to say Villa will want an over the hill Grealish in a few years time?

There is a folk song called The Blue Cockade. One of the verses seems appropriate here

But I hope you never prosper and I hope you always fail
In everything you venture, I hope you ne'er do well
And the very ground you walk upon, may the grass refuse to grow
Since you've been the very cause of my sorrow grief and woe 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Wurzel said:

I understand what your saying, and I understand that he is an athlete, but I think the point stands. At this time, with this ownership and the investment and ambition of our owners, I cannot understand any Villa fan wanting to leave the club this season. We are not in a relegation fight, or in a different division. The direction of travel is clear and fast, and we are going to be serious contenders to qualify for European competition this season, why would any fan want to leave now? 

That’s what makes no sense. He couldn’t wait one extra year. I know it would be a repeat but he wasn’t even prepared to see if we could make Europe. He lied to the fan base to get more money in the end and leaves his name forever tarnished irrespective of his immense talents on the pitch. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Let’s see how those shins hold up in a high pressing Number 8 role for City and not the free role he gets here 

Lets see how those shins hold up when SJM cops hold of him in front of 42,000 Villa fans 

2 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Let’s see how those shins hold up in a high pressing Number 8 role for City and not the free role he gets here 

Yep ive said it before those shins are a career long injury which need to be managed week in week out.

Kinda questions why Man city are bizarrely risking this.

1 minute ago, Wurzel said:

because even with what our owners are doing man city are a complete other level to us

thats the reality, we're absolutely miles off them, we are not competing with man city

"serious contenders" for playing in europe vs serious contenders for winning the CL...and i know which one has lower odds of happening

2 minutes ago, Wurzel said:

I guess his definition of fan is different to ours. Don't get me wrong, I completely understand where you're coming from, but as fans we lace everything with emotion. He probvably had to deal with the emotion, but also the fact it's a job. I don't agree with his decision, like you, if I were in his shoes I'd have stayed, but I understand why someone else would choose to leave. Ultimately there aren't many Shearer's or Le Tissier's left nowadays, this just proves it.

1 minute ago, The_Steve said:

That’s what makes no sense. He couldn’t wait one extra year. I know it would be a repeat but he wasn’t even prepared to see if we could make Europe. He lied to the fan base to get more money in the end and leaves his name forever tarnished irrespective of his immense talents on the pitch. 

what?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

He should be fine as he would play only half the amount of games for them than he would for us. He'll be rotated in and out collecting his medals. But that's fine. Feck him. 

The 7 stages of grief
  1. Shock and denial. This is a state of disbelief and numbed feelings.
  2. Pain and guilt. ... 
  3. Anger and bargaining. ... 
  4. Depression. ... 
  5. The upward turn. ... 
  6. Reconstruction and working through. ... 
  7. Acceptance and hope.

I think most people contributing to this thread have got a bit stuck on no.3. 

Time to move on!

• Like 3

Â