The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

1 minute ago, birdman said:

Regardless of all the shit slinging in here the guy is human and is gonna have some pretty strong conflicting emotions I should think. Its his choice of course but in the long run his departure could trigger something even bigger for Villa and Jack will have contributed to that. We're on seperate paths now but could end up both getting what we want.

Contributed by chasing a move for months, allegedly meeting with their CEO and Pep, pushing it all till 8 days before the season starts. One year after chasing Man United and 3 after agreeing to go to Spurs. 

He has been flirting with other teams whilst saying “this is my club”

• Like 1

The thing that pees me off most about the commentary is the implication that Jack will improve so much under Guardiola????

I must have missed the huge improvement in Sterling's game over the last 12 months - I know he scored some goals at the Euros but in general his game has gone significantly backwards hence the lack of playing time last season.

I'm not sure who he has improved significantly other than those that would have developed naturally with experience.  He largely takes very good players and gets them play as a team.  And then attempts to be too clever in his selection/fit too many Foden and Grealish types in (he is the ante-Safegate) and loses the big games.

And have they not seen how much Jack has developed over the last few seasons and would have continued to do so with the addition of Bailey and Buendia!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

I'm over it and I think we could be better off without him and 2/3 quality additions.

Agreed. It's like being dumped and realising you really are better off without her.

Bet this prick squeezes his toothpaste from the middle of the tube as well.

Edited by Davkaus

3 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

But you still have a sneaky look at what they are up to and maybe even the occasional quicky. Or is that just me?

Let us all know when you get your occasional quicky with Jack - can we please keep the thread open for these updates??

Thanks for memories Jack. Some fantastic performances and great goals.

Obviously you know what's going on at both clubs - and the chances of it not working out are slim.

I do think you might have overlooked the juggernaut that is starting to roll at Aston Villa - and you could have been the figurehead of that.

Your call. Best wishes.

• Like 2

Just now, Gary Thomas said:

Bye Jack. Was angry and disappointed in him a few days ago, but already feels like old news and don't wish him ill. Just feels like a irrelevance now - a sideshow and nothing more. 

I am quite amazed how positive I feel about it all, almost relieved it's nearly over.  It certainly doesn't hurt as much as I thought it would. I suppose 100m and signing new exciting players will do that.

Just want to focus on our players now and honestly can't wait to get down Villa park and support them all - new and old.  Very proud of our club and our team.  UTV

Fantastic post. Agree 100%

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Wurzel said:

I can't speak for anyone but myself, but as a Villa fan, if I was at the club at the moment, with this ownership, and this squad, with the potential the club has, wild horses couldn't drag me away to join another club. I cannot understand any Villa fan who would want to leave at this time.

I understand this view completely, but part of the difference between him and us is that we are all fans, but he's also an elite level athlete. You don't get to those levels without incredible levels of commitment and determination. Yes he probably does feel torn and might not want to go from a fans perspective, but if you're determined enough to get to the level he has, and you have an opportunity to potentially go up even more in a new environment, it stands to reason he'd consider it, and decide it's something he wants to do.

I don't want him to go, and when he does I won't be welcoming him back whenever he plays for the opposition, but similarly I won't boo him. He'll just be another athlete, another opponent. He's decided to leave where most fans wouldn't, but most fans would never be able to get to the position he's in anyway,  and the traits that got him there are why this is happening.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, avfcDJ said:

Contributed by chasing a move for months, allegedly meeting with their CEO and Pep, pushing it all till 8 days before the season starts. One year after chasing Man United and 3 after agreeing to go to Spurs. 

He has been flirting with other teams whilst saying “this is my club”

🐍

Thought I was over it, but those photos of him in Man City gear....

Edited by blunther
  • Like 1

Â