The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

2 minutes ago, AVTuco said:

Best thing is just to ignore him. No feelings. Move on.

It's like a break up. Don't waste your time feeling angry at them or moping. That only hurts yourself. Just move on, find someone new. Plenty more Emi's and Leon's in the sea.

1 minute ago, MrBlack said:

The same Sky that were pushing the "he has to leave" and "where will Jack fit in to Man City's team?" messages... twunts.

They were also saying at lunchtime that because Man City had met a release clause, it put Jack into the position of having to make a decision which he's found incredibly difficult.  Well who do they think bloody well asked for the release clause to be put in his contract??

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, dukes said:

I really don't understand why people can't wish Jack all the best.

When we were relegated, he stayed.

When we didn't go up at the first attempt, he stayed

When we were penniless and nearly ruined, he stayed

When we went up, he stayed

When we nearly went back down, he stayed

Now that things are looking good, he's leaving in exchange for £100M. He hasn't slagged the club off, he hasn't demanded a move, he has played his heart out and he deserves to go off and win a few trophies (real trophies like the Premier League or Champions League).

Villa are at least 4 years off competing (assuming we can continue to improve), this is a very competitive league, and for a team so reliant on the form and fitness of one individual this move gives us a chance to improve as a team even if we lose our star. 

Nobody is bigger than the club, and it's small time of us to bleat about him going. I wish him all the best, i won't look for Man City results, i don't really care how successful he is or isn't but i thank him for what he has done for us and for our club, and i hope that one day he might come back and wear our colours again.

Just worth bearing in mind that the first couple of seasons listed here, he wasn’t anywhere near the Jack Grealish he is now. Yeah we had seen him play wonderfully against Liverpool in the cup semi final. We knew he was capable of great things.

But to many outside of Villa he was that lad lying drunk in the middle of the road and that was the perception for quite some time. In other words, his stock wasn’t that high. I’m sure some clubs would have been interested…yet I can’t recall too many bids to test this loyalty.

Spurs came a calling, he nearly went then but the owners stepped in. Were there any others? As far as can tell there have been two serious attempts at prising him away, and he’s been out the door on both occasions.

Yes he could have kicked up a fuss. If not kicking up a fuss and not handing in a transfer request warrants a pat on the head, then Jack can have a pat on the head.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, dukes said:

I really don't understand why people can't wish Jack all the best.

When we were relegated, he stayed.

When we didn't go up at the first attempt, he stayed

When we were penniless and nearly ruined, he stayed

When we went up, he stayed

When we nearly went back down, he stayed

Now that things are looking good, he's leaving in exchange for £100M. He hasn't slagged the club off, he hasn't demanded a move, he has played his heart out and he deserves to go off and win a few trophies (real trophies like the Premier League or Champions League).

Villa are at least 4 years off competing (assuming we can continue to improve), this is a very competitive league, and for a team so reliant on the form and fitness of one individual this move gives us a chance to improve as a team even if we lose our star. 

Nobody is bigger than the club, and it's small time of us to bleat about him going. I wish him all the best, i won't look for Man City results, i don't really care how successful he is or isn't but i thank him for what he has done for us and for our club, and i hope that one day he might come back and wear our colours again.

That's a very noble stance and one in which he hopes every villa fan adopts.

but, maybe he didn't have the opportunties at the times you mention and only in the fullness of time playing with us he has developed that standing....bully for him, great pro.

but just as the club are getting their act together, he has his head turned....It puts in to question, the loyalty to Villa that you claim....was his always underlying intention to quit for better things?....in which case some of his comments and action were disingenuous.

Its easy to stay anywhere, when you haven't got a choice....Maybe Gabby is one of those, not to be cruel.

I have no intention of giving him a hard time.....I have simply lost interest in him.

• Like 1

Regardless of all the shit slinging in here the guy is human and is gonna have some pretty strong conflicting emotions I should think. Its his choice of course but in the long run his departure could trigger something even bigger for Villa and Jack will have contributed to that. We're on seperate paths now but could end up both getting what we want.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, PaulC said:

Its simple He is a villa fan but he wants to win trophies and play in the champions league. Nobody should hold that against him!  He always gave his best on the pitch and now we get 100 million pound to invest in players.  I wish him all the best and hope he full-fills his  talent. 

I can't speak for anyone but myself, but as a Villa fan, if I was at the club at the moment, with this ownership, and this squad, with the potential the club has, wild horses couldn't drag me away to join another club. I cannot understand any Villa fan who would want to leave at this time.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Just now, Wurzel said:

I can't speak for anyone but myself, but as a Villa fan, if I was at the club at the moment, with this ownership, and this squad, with the potential the club has, wild horses couldn't drag me away to join another club. I cannot understand any Villa fan who would want to leave at this time.

Have you tried having the biggest ego in the room?

3 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

when you break up with a bird, unless you volley her in the jaw you always get we will stay friends bollocks, you never do. Same here, **** him off and forget him the toad 

But you still have a sneaky look at what they are up to and maybe even the occasional quicky. Or is that just me?

• Haha 2

Â