The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

Just now, MaVilla said:

urgh, Sky really pushing the "oh my its been such a hard and tough decision for Grealish to leave his boyhood club that he loves".

yeah.....f** off.

Yeah - I noticed that at lunchtime.  Definitely his PR team pushing this line to maintain Brand Grealish.

• Like 2

It's definitely going to feel weird. As much as having new signings pouring in is nice, there was something reassuring about having a homegrown star who could do things nobody else in the league could do. He's the best player many of us have seen at the club and the chances of us having another homegrown talent of that magnitude come through in this lifetime are p slim

Mainly I just feel regret that we were in such a bad state as a club for the time he was with us

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Yeh he will have to. Will take him a while to take it out his game though. 

with the way peps teams play he should always have an open man on for a pass, his game should get quicker in general, the fouls will still happen though, that's his style, he runs too close to the opponent with his quick feet to stop it from happening

3 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Yes i'm obviously a bit bitter, but i'm so over seeing this nonsense notion that he made such HUGE sacrifices for us, we should be groveling in gratefulness ffs.

We made him filthy rich, offered to keep making him even richer, supported him through his hard times, made him Captain, and I can only imagine how many other perks the clubs have given him over the years, and were willing to give him.

Some of the stuff you've chucked in their as " reasoning " to be greatful, are minimum expectations from someone like him ffs.

The club brought him through, and gave him the platform to become who he is today.

bekphnqftcb41.jpg

26 minutes ago, dukes said:

I really don't understand why people can't wish Jack all the best.

When we were relegated, he stayed.

When we didn't go up at the first attempt, he stayed

When we were penniless and nearly ruined, he stayed

When we went up, he stayed

When we nearly went back down, he stayed

Now that things are looking good, he's leaving in exchange for £100M. He hasn't slagged the club off, he hasn't demanded a move, he has played his heart out and he deserves to go off and win a few trophies (real trophies like the Premier League or Champions League).

Villa are at least 4 years off competing (assuming we can continue to improve), this is a very competitive league, and for a team so reliant on the form and fitness of one individual this move gives us a chance to improve as a team even if we lose our star. 

Nobody is bigger than the club, and it's small time of us to bleat about him going. I wish him all the best, i won't look for Man City results, i don't really care how successful he is or isn't but i thank him for what he has done for us and for our club, and i hope that one day he might come back and wear our colours again.

He stayed because he couldn’t leave. That’s the thing though that annoys so many people. He would’ve been at Man U last summer had they bid higher. He demanded the clause be put into his contract. Sure it’s not been in the same petty way as Kane but again, it’s this whole charade of claiming Villa is his home, and saying he fully bought into the project when the whole time he just wasn’t able to get the right deal to take him away. He’s provided some fantastic memories but I really don’t care how well he’s played for us, he’s a professional athlete. I expect him to play well considering his exceptional talents. Just don’t tell me your Villa through and through then jet off the second Man City rings up.

Edited by Aston_Villan4
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

urgh, Sky really pushing the "oh my its been such a hard and tough decision for Grealish to leave his boyhood club that he loves".

yeah.....f** off.

The same Sky that were pushing the "he has to leave" and "where will Jack fit in to Man City's team?" messages... twunts.

5 minutes ago, Okonokos said:

Sorry i just don't see it that way.

Grealish has been constantly linked with moves away, he's moved now at a time when his trajectory simply is steeper than that of our club.

When we were relegated he made it clear he wanted to stay and help us get back in the PL.

He nearly signed for Tottenham, but didn;t and never said he WANTED to sign for them, it was more that the club before the takeover needed him to be sold.

He could i'm sure have forced his way out when United apparently wanted him last season, but he didn't he signed a new contract.

The point i was making was that he's had opportunities to leave, and he's leaving now with us in a much better position thanks mostly to him, and he deserves to put his career first and go off and show he can compete at the top level.

In exchange we've got £100M and a much better squad, so everyone is a winner.

• Haha 1

Its simple He is a villa fan but he wants to win trophies and play in the champions league. Nobody should hold that against him!  He always gave his best on the pitch and now we get 100 million pound to invest in players.  I wish him all the best and hope he full-fills his  talent. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, MikeMcKenna said:

**** him. I have deliberately not commented and this will be my last on Grealish as a Villa player. 

I do not wish him luck, despise his disloyalty and hope he fairs no better than Delph. Grealish claimed to be Villa through and through, which is BS as true supporters never change their colours. He is now an enemy glory hunter. 

Nassef in the high tower like...

BURN THEM ALL!!! - GIF on Imgur

• Haha 2

Â