The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

55 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Was offered more to stay.

It is what it is. Wants a win a few medals. Just get over it lads. It sucks.

According to the media who said he was moving for 80/88/95m /90m and one player and much more for around 5 weeks.

I’m not just saying this because he has left but he really does go down easily. I’ve just watched videos of both Ings and Bailey taking on players and they are touched by defenders but stay on their feet because it’s not enough to take them down. I’m just picturing Jack in the same situation and you know he would fall 

Watch the videos yourself it don’t believe me. 

We can start being honest about him now. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, dukes said:

I really don't understand why people can't wish Jack all the best.

When we were relegated, he stayed.

When we didn't go up at the first attempt, he stayed

When we were penniless and nearly ruined, he stayed

When we went up, he stayed

When we nearly went back down, he stayed

Now that things are looking good, he's leaving in exchange for £100M. He hasn't slagged the club off, he hasn't demanded a move, he has played his heart out and he deserves to go off and win a few trophies (real trophies like the Premier League or Champions League).

Villa are at least 4 years off competing (assuming we can continue to improve), this is a very competitive league, and for a team so reliant on the form and fitness of one individual this move gives us a chance to improve as a team even if we lose our star. 

Nobody is bigger than the club, and it's small time of us to bleat about him going. I wish him all the best, i won't look for Man City results, i don't really care how successful he is or isn't but i thank him for what he has done for us and for our club, and i hope that one day he might come back and wear our colours again.

What a good post. I agree with every word you've written. Cheers!

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, TheMelvillan said:

after all the horror of the last ten years, what a dumb time to leave the club

just goes to prove to me.....it was always his underlying intention, not just Man City but any Top club....This has been a deep lying intention of his ,all along.

Jack is his own biggest fan.

• Like 4

50 minutes ago, Deano & Dalian's Umbrella said:

The Sun have photos of him being driven away after his medical.

NINTCHDBPICT000671177518.jpg?w=960

Last time I seen a face like that, it had failed a medical due to shin splints! 😂

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I’m not just saying this because he has left but he really does go down easily. I’ve just watched videos of both Ings and Bailey taking on players and they are touched by defenders but stay on their feet because it’s not enough to take them down. I’m just picturing Jack in the same situation and you know he would fall 

Watch the videos yourself it don’t believe me. 

We can start being honest about him now. 

He does go down very easily. There are a lot of situations over the years where we'd be have been in a much better position attack wise had he stayed on his feet. Though, I think with Villa and the players we have it was more of case of winning a dangerous free kick so we were happy for him to go down.

I think Pep will demand that he has to stay on his feet more tbh. All those niggly little fouls break the fluidity of their play. 

All those hoping he’s miserable and regrets his move are going to be disappointed. So let’s get through the announcements, then mute him on social media, remember the good times and focus on Villa. 

Id like Mings to be announced Captain shortly after the departure announcement and a cheery interview with him.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Honestly looking forward to talking about him without claret and blue tinted glasses on now. We’ll start to see why other fans hate him so much.

Before we wernt allowed to say a bad word about him. It was blasphemy. 

Good Luck Jack.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

1 minute ago, PieFacE said:

He does go down very easily. There are a lot of situations over the years where we'd be have been in a much better position attack wise had he stayed on his feet. Though, I think with Villa and the players we have it was more of case of winning a dangerous free kick so we were happy for him to go down.

I think Pep will demand that he has to stay on his feet more tbh. All those niggly little fouls break the fluidity of their play. 

Yeh he will have to. Will take him a while to take it out his game though. 

re iterate what @Okonokos commented on dukes post. Spot on!

1 minute ago, Okonokos said:
  5 minutes ago, dukes said:

I really don't understand why people can't wish Jack all the best.

When we were relegated, he stayed. Nobody wanted him.

When we didn't go up at the first attempt, he stayed. Nobody wanted him. We even were linked with shipping him out to Middlesbrough at one point.

When we were penniless and nearly ruined, he stayed. NSWE came in and said no. He wanted to go.

When we went up, he stayed. Nobody wanted him.

When we nearly went back down, he stayed Nobody could afford him.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

That I can see, yes.

I can see something like that, but I am unsure of his devotion to Villa, it might be overstated IMO.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, flamingsombrero said:

Him and his advisors seem to be chasing being the next David Beckham along with all the celeb status that brings. Could happen, but just as likely to go off the rails and end up the next David Bentley

I too think thats the target.

• Like 2

Preece tweeting the sick emoji. I’m guessing he’s seen a photo of him in a Man City top via media mates, or something similar.

Be gone now Jack please!

Â