The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

Give it a week and he will feel homesick and we bring him back in for half the price.Lange and Purslow plotted this as revenge for the Delph deal 😉

Not in a week but I can see this happening at some stage.

23 minutes ago, TRO said:

I wouldn't want him back under those circumstances.

I'm not so sure.  It would be a hell of a thing to suddenly realise.  I thought that was what I wanted but I've now realised that it's not what I wanted, Aston Villa is what I wanted.  The easy thing would be to just go through with it, the hard thing would be to admit you've made a terrible error.

Not that he is, people are reading far too much into a photo.

Edited by sidcow

1 hour ago, Davkaus said:

This is a picture I have above my work desk, and I find it helps put things in perspective.

Rzhi777.png

Is Grealish a great player? Absolutely. Is he one of our best ever? Maybe. Is he one of our most important ever? Nowhere **** near.

Ultimately, in the history books, he'll be insignificant, many have walked before him who did much more for us, and many more will come along who do so as well. I can only hope in years to come I have a picture of Mings, Martinez and Watkins holding a trophy aloft to put elsewhere in my house. Nobody is going to have up a painting of Jack **** Grealish in 40 years.

That'll be his biggest failing. Nobody will remember him anywhere in that time. Which is fine, because very few players have such a lasting legacy. But he could have easily had that here. Pretty sure he would have reached statue status if he stayed his whole career.

1 minute ago, TRO said:

I was starting to get that feeling, but not brave enough to say.....I have a suspicion, the other players were too.

I think that general feeling combined with the recent injury record has probably aided his departure to some degree. I'm not saying we've not tried everything to keep him, but I imagine there are some aspects we'll be happy to be free of.

• Like 1

Just now, Keyblade said:

That'll be his biggest failing. Nobody will remember him anywhere in that time. Which is fine, because very few players have such a lasting legacy. But he could have easily had that here. Pretty sure he would have reached statue status if he stayed his whole career.

He easily would’ve be given a statue had he played his whole career at Villa. Especially if he pushed us into European competitions.

Naturally he'll feel some regret. But in a few hours he'll be fine and once he's gone through the process he'll have moved on. 

As a club the players, the fans , coaching staff etc need to raise the level now so that we become an elite club not a club with an elite player or two.

Gareth Barry on his first return when shitty scored turned around and walked back to the centre circle didn't even celebrate with his teammates. 

Goodbye Jack. Meh. 

• Like 1

Anyone else softening a bit now it seems clear he did give the club enough warning (going back 12+ months) to line up a load of really good transfers?

I think it's a damn shame he's leaving, but the way FFP is structured, maybe it was the only way forward for us.

Â