The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

Whatever happens next season.  However good or bad we are we absolutely HAVE to beat shitty.  The boys have got to give everything in that game. Need to play like against Liverpool last year.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, birdman said:

A while back I smugly declared Jack wouldnt leave Villa this summer and I pledged to donate 20 quid to Acorns if he did. Well, it's very bad karma not to follow that up so seeing as Jack has left the building, so has 20 quid from my wallet. No bother of course, great charity! UTV. 

Screenshot_20210805_125430.jpg

Top man 🤝 UTV

24 minutes ago, birdman said:

A while back I smugly declared Jack wouldnt leave Villa this summer and I pledged to donate 20 quid to Acorns if he did. Well, it's very bad karma not to follow that up so seeing as Jack has left the building, so has 20 quid from my wallet. No bother of course, great charity! UTV. 

Screenshot_20210805_125430.jpg

Good man. I bet my mate a bottle of a good single malt he will stay.

So also a good cause, but maybe not as good as yours.

1 minute ago, Davkaus said:

This is a picture I have above my work desk, and I find it helps put things in perspective.

Rzhi777.png

Is Grealish a great player? Absolutely. Is he one of our best ever? Maybe. Is he one of our most important ever? Nowhere **** near.

Ultimately, in the history books, he'll be insignificant, many have walked before him who did much more for us, and many more will come along who do so as well. I can only hope in years to come I have a picture of Mings, Martinez and Watkins holding a trophy aloft to put elsewhere in my house. Nobody is going to have up a painting of Jack **** Grealish in 40 years.

I have him and Hutts in front of the Holte with him going 4 - 2 with his fingers on my office wall. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

This is a picture I have above my work desk, and I find it helps put things in perspective.

Rzhi777.png

Is Grealish a great player? Absolutely. Is he one of our best ever? Maybe. Is he one of our most important ever? Nowhere **** near.

Ultimately, in the history books, he'll be insignificant, many have walked before him who did much more for us, and many more will come along who do so as well. I can only hope in years to come I have a picture of Mings, Martinez and Watkins holding a trophy aloft to put elsewhere in my house. Nobody is going to have up a painting of Jack **** Grealish in 40 years.

That does help, being of a younger generation,  I don’t even remember the cup successes of the 90s, so having the weight of history of this majestic club reminds me that great players do still come and go, but I hope this crop of players we have earn the success they get because they want to make this club what it used to be, not jump at the fist sniff of the elite clubs. 

7 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Rzhi777.png

He had such an opportunity to become that legend that we have crying out for over the past few decades now. Even if we failed to win anything during that period, he would have become an icon at the club he supported growing up along with all of his family.

If the rumours of us having offered him more to stay than Man City did to go there and he has purely left so he can win stuff quickly with them, then it is unforgivable as far as Villa fans are concerned. That legacy that he was creating, has just gone, completely. 

Edited by Tayls
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Rzhi777.png

This. And I have supported Aston Villa since the 50s (yes fifties), and he is not the best ever.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, GingerCollins29 said:

Not gone yet 👀

Exactly. None of these so called reporters have received any information from euthw rif the clubs or from Grealish's Entourage. Its all speculation, I'd say there is a good chance that we haven't even accepted a bid. 

Â