The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

2 minutes ago, cb_82 said:

Re the Grealish shirt burn.....Take a look at his older tweets - Hes a blues fan

Yeah I know but he was laughing at the idiot that was doing it.  It wasn’t him

2 minutes ago, GarethRDR said:

When he goes, if anyone here happens to have any of the Luke-season shirts with his name on 'em, instead of destroying it like a perfectly reasonable sane person (*cough* absolute **** cheese-melt *cough*), do give us a holler and I'll happily buy it off you instead.

Please explain?  I am intrigued…

Just now, Djemba_Villan said:

Thought that was grealish, Delli alli, Maddison and McGinn came along as Jack’s ‘mate from work’

Found some evidence...images-9.jpeg.ec339e35476f366dffc3d58fb385120d.jpeg

Then McGinn got hold of it and tweeted his version...🤣0_JG2PNG-1.png.c1c9c6e930999acca7d501a3ef60b8d9.png

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Yeah I know but he was laughing at the idiot that was doing it.  It wasn’t him

Tweeted the video himself though, with no original source.

Tragic whichever way it happened though. 

2 minutes ago, Teale's 'tache said:

I seem to remember some instagram pictures of them on holiday after the play off final, and Jack commenting asking Tyrone if he'd swallowed a ladder. McGinn was possibly there as well.

My money is on Ollie not being a huge fan, not sure why though.

Not being a huge fan of Grealish? I get what you mean...they're two very different people.

36 minutes ago, Villarocker said:

My son replied "But, they aren't Aston Villa are they? If I love Villa what's the point winning trophies with someone else? If you win with them it means Villa haven't won. Surely if you're so good and you love Villa you would want to play for them to help them to win the trophies, right?"

My son replied "Dad, playing isn't just about winning. It's about having fun and enjoying yourself. How could I enjoy myself and have fun playing for another team and wearing different shirts? That wouldn't be fun for me. And I wouldn't need all that extra money either because Villa would be paying me enough. So I'd be happy as long as I played for them". 

No disrespect mate but there is no way a 7 year old said that. Come on.

Edited by R.Bear
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Ohhhhhh

People really are thick as pig shit.

If you've got a Grealish shirt and you don't want it anymore donate it to **** charity or something, I'm sure there are kids around the world who'd gladly wear that to kick a ball around in.

We've all had some extreme reactions/takes on here, but burning anything at all in protest over football is the most ridiculous and moronic way to spend your time/energy and show the world you're as much of a prick as the guy who's leaving.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Please explain?  I am intrigued…

Just the thought of anybody burning those works of art, regardless of who's name on the back, is sending cold shivers down my spine.  Hell, I'd happily stump up the cost one of this season's shirts.  Would have to be at least XL or bigger though, I've got a thicc ass that'd put McGinn to shame

Just now, R.Bear said:

No disrespect mate but there is no way a 7 year old said that. Come on.

🤣 I'm glad somebody said that because I wanted to but thought it'd be a little mean. 

Just now, est1874 said:

If you've got a Grealish shirt and you don't want it anymore donate it to **** charity or something, I'm sure there are kids around the world who'd gladly wear that to kick a ball around in.

Charity can get in bloody line, there's a big kid here in Basingstoke that's already called dibs.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, John said:

I know how you feel, my lad was the same about Yorke leaving and all those years later feels exactly the same about him. He took him out of the set below on the day that he left and the set has had a missing player in the place where Yorke had been ever since. I think that 99% of us would be happy to stick around if we were lucky enough to be able to play for our football club, but footballers see it rather differently than we do (even it seems when they are captain of their club).  

image.jpeg.160e94e96492dfe35610094fa71e04c8.jpeg 

Footballers like Jack are great because of the drive and competitiveness that they have, but it often comes at a cost to themselves and/or the people they step on/over in their pursuit of glory. 

We're just collateral damage in all of this. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Djemba_Villan said:

Thought that was grealish, Delli alli, Maddison and McGinn came along as Jack’s ‘mate from work’

Interestingly, McGinn says that holiday's like Benidorm (although that was last year), are a thing of the past, and you need to start the season much fitter.

https://www.avfc.co.uk/news/2021/august/McGinn-feeling-positive-for-2021-22-campaign/

1m50s in

1 minute ago, lexicon said:

Footballers like Jack are great because of the drive and competitiveness that they have, but it often comes at a cost to themselves and/or the people they step on/over in their pursuit of glory. 

We're just collateral damage in all of this. 

I can translate this into Super League BS if you like: Legacy fans. 

If someone who is being paid handsomely by a club and is getting all the privileges that money buys cannot see that using labels like loyalty and love aren't likely to suck in (and then hurt) fans, then they're stupider than I thought. 

Sooooo, STILL nothing official about this move? If City wanted him in for Sunday they've **** that up.

I thought maybe we were holding things up till we'd got Bailey in, then we got Ings. Unless there's another couple of irons in the fire to sort out before everyone knows we've got £100m burning a hole in our pocket what's the hold up?

2 minutes ago, romavillan said:

Sooooo, STILL nothing official about this move? If City wanted him in for Sunday they've **** that up.

I thought maybe we were holding things up till we'd got Bailey in, then we got Ings. Unless there's another couple of irons in the fire to sort out before everyone knows we've got £100m burning a hole in our pocket what's the hold up?

Maybe City are panicking, its strange. Should be done by now

48 minutes ago, Villarocker said:

My 7 year old son asked me today if Jack Grealish is leaving Villa. I told him that it hasn't officially happened yet but, it is going to happen, probably either today or tomorrow. My said "But, Dad, why would he leave Villa if he supports them?". We then went on to have the following conversation...

I said "Well, he starting supporting them as a little boy around your age. His Dad supports them too and so his Dad used to take him to the games, like we plan to do. He then joined Villa as a kid and Villa, over the years would've spent a lot of money on him and his family. He then got better and better and we made him Captain and the fans love him and pushed for him to be picked for England etc and now he's just got so famous that he probably now sees himself so good that he deserves to win trophies and so he's going to the team that were the Champions of England last season and were in the final to be Champions of Europe, like Villa were when I was a kid"

My son said "Dad, I love Villa too even though I've never been to see them play yet. If I was in his place and Villa did all that for me and I was Captain and all the fans loved me like that, there's no way I would ever leave. I mean, NO WAY!". 

I said "But, what if the Champions came along offering you more money to play for them and you got say ten million pounds to sign for them and you were pretty much guaranteed to win lots of trophies?". 

My son replied "But, they aren't Aston Villa are they? If I love Villa what's the point winning trophies with someone else? If you win with them it means Villa haven't won. Surely if you're so good and you love Villa you would want to play for them to help them to win the trophies, right?".

I said "And, what if Villa didn't win anything and you played for only them all your career?". 

My son replied "Dad, playing isn't just about winning. It's about having fun and enjoying yourself. How could I enjoy myself and have fun playing for another team and wearing different shirts? That wouldn't be fun for me. And I wouldn't need all that extra money either because Villa would be paying me enough. So I'd be happy as long as I played for them". 

My son then went on to sing this... 

Super (not), super (not) Jack. Super (not), super (not) Jack. Super (not), super (not) Jack. Super (not) Jackie Grealish. 

I don't know how other fans' kids have reacted but mine is super disappointed in Grealish for not staying loyal to the club. He's never been to a game and never watched us play on TV. He knows the players names and what we're about - from me - and even he can feel let down by this saga. 

I think that this post was meant for Linkedin

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Â