The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

6 minutes ago, Tommo_b said:

With Buendia and Bailey, we could see some insanely incisive and quick play. 

As I was telling my boys last night for all Jack’s undoubted ability the one thing he does do (apart from falling over to easily🥳) is to slow down our attacks. What we have now is pure pace

19 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

I’m so glad I didn’t waste any money on a Grealish 7 England shirt! 

I was going to be a skinflint this year (having got the pro version as a treat, never again) and keep last year's Villa shirt as the one for this year, still Cazoo, still Kappa etc. But... Grealish 10 on the back, wrecked it. Can't wear that now! At least there's a lotta choice for us all who wore Grealish 10 shirts this season!  

I feel sorry for anyone who got the new shirt and in good faith had Grealish 10 on the back, young kids especially. I mean afterall, he attended the kit launch, unnecessary looking back. No point contemplating it now, but still on top of all the little things everyone has said on here about well why this why that, for me, the very day was it before he flew out for mini holiday with the England boys, there was no need for him to even attend for the kit photo shoot. That's something I still can't get my head around. He didn't have to attend, he was on annual leave sort of after England, seemed like an indicator at the time. Leaves a bad taste with me, that. Especially if he knew he was off or likely to be, he could have just stayed on holiday. Unless it was contractual etc.

Ah well never mind. So today is the day then. The end of one era, but the post-Jack era will see eleven talismans on the pitch getting deserved spotlights. Jack was the media focus of attention on our team, rarely did I ever see any praise in the press for the at times stellar performances of say Matt Targett especially for instance. A lot of it just got absorbed with the Aston Grealish FC kind of thing. Equal chance to shine for all the other lads.

7 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Interesting that according to Sky, we offered him more money than City have.

If that’s true, it should put to bed the petty comments around it being money motivated.

That would be worse.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

If that’s true, it should put to bed the petty comments around it being money motivated.

Not sure I believe it to be honest, sounds like something Jacks 'team' would leak to try and make him seem less like a money grabber. I'm sure money isn't the only factor in his decision making but it will have been one I'm sure.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

If that’s the case he needs a better agent, unless we offered him £350k / week.

Maybe Man City don’t pay silly wages compared to what United and Chelsea probably pay, but I’d expect him to be on £300k / week easily.

23 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

After Jack leaves, for the 21/22 season sky will no longer have a stat called most fouls won, it will become most fouled player.

I always thought the way they call it "most fouls won" is praise for Grealish to be honest.  They see how clever he is at winning free kicks and how much of an advantage it is, so they've changed up how the stat is categorised.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

Sky camped out at citeh and Villa hotel trying to try and spot Jack.

"We can confirm that Manchester City have not confirmed whether Grealish is having a medical today" clowns.

Lol and it rumbles on.

3 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

Maybe Man City don’t pay silly wages compared to what United and Chelsea probably pay, but I’d expect him to be on £300k / week easily.

I’d imagine he’ll be on something around £180k at City and at a guess, we offered something nearer to £200k, total guesswork though.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

I think it’s BS, got to believe City are offering more.  This would be falsely leaked so fans can’t say he’s moving for money as well.

Edited by nick76
  • Like 2

I think he enjoys the attention especially during the euro’s and thinks he can become the next messi/ ronaldo , he’s more likely to be the next Beckham though as I can’t see him scoring 20+ a season 

Â