The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

22 minutes ago, DrUnKeNbUm said:

My 10 year old daughter absolutely idolises Jack, she even has a signed luke away shirt on her bedroom wall.

Having broke the news of Jack possibly leaving us last week she was devastated.

This morning I have told her it looks like today is the day

Her response "meh, you're either Villa or you're not"

She said she will take his shirt off the wall when it has been confirmed.

Better attitude than most commenters on here yesterday for sure!  You've raised a bright kid there mate - congratulations.....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

If Jack wants to go for trophies then i have to respect that  BUT if he has made that decision he needs to never look back and respect Villa. We are not some plucky team that he will be able to come back to at the end of his career. Respecting Villa will not be some kind of shitty letter to the fans . Respecting Villa will be celebrating when his new team scores against us. He was one of the last romantic visions in the premier but that goes now and you will see how quickly Villa will move on from you. So don't ever mention us again and lets see in 5 years if you can respect us when we beat your team partly made up from the money we got from you. 

5 minutes ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

This. 100%. Lets not rewrite history, whatever Jacks current decision is now, back then he very clearly just was doing what the club told him was best for the club. I still remain grateful to him for his loyalty and hard work then, It was real and he was fantastic. He stuck with us in the Championship that is to his eternal credit. It lifted me I can tell you. After Delph and all the others combined with the relegation, well Jack Grealish sticking around was one of the few things that made me smile. 

That doesnt wipe out what me may be about to do but it still counts and I remain grateful for it.

I am beginning to wonder if history is repeating itself. Although not enough, 100mil spent correctly may be best for the club short-term.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, cbr600rr said:

ssn have no idea whats going on -fact.

for all we know jack might stay, jack might go ,,who knows.

the buying of ings shows that ssn & the rest of media have no idea whats going on 

Yes, it’s interesting how it he media have been all over the Grealish saga but not a mention of the Ings saga

1 minute ago, Tommo_b said:

You gotta wonder what’s going through his head right now, there must be some element of doubt about the move in his mind and being torn about what to do…. There has got to be hasn’t there?

Remember those vids on Monday where he looked fooked. I guess he was up all night thinking exactly that

As gutted as I am that he's leaving I'm excited by the signings we've made and we won't be a one man team, we were shocking without him last season.

I'm also excited to see how good he really is with better players around him and against him in the champions league etc. 

He will still be the local lad and villa fan. I'm not a neutral, far from it I'm vtid but I can't begrudge him doing what he's doing, i actually think he deserves to be playing with the elite, I just wish it was with us. 

40 minutes ago, Spoony said:

Again, not on board with this snake stuff. It probably was a really thought decision. And he’s had Euros to worry about then a holiday after a gruelling year.

We are in danger of becoming super whiny. It has happened, it’s his choice, we aren’t massively damaged by it at all. Because of FFP I don’t buy this idea that the money we are spending isn’t the Grealish money. This has clearly been on the cards and I don’t think signing Bailey and Ings so close is a coincidence. Grealish made his decision and now the dominos are all falling as planned in my opinion. No one in all of this is an idiot. It’s just business. 

How come City don’t have to worry about FFP

Huge change for him. But then us fans demand a lot, so I say boo the fecker when he returns to VP, and let's completely disregard the £100 million that will see us jump two summer windows ahead.

1 minute ago, Tommo_b said:

You gotta wonder what’s going through his head right now, there must be some element of doubt about the move in his mind and being torn about what to do…. There has got to be hasn’t there?

I think he ideally wants to be in an elite Aston Villa team at the top.

But I think his mind is clear now. He’s known for a while that he’s an elite level player and needs to be playing at the elite level. Getting that taster at the Euro’s would have rubber stamped it. If Pep and KDB are calling for you personally, and the richest club are willing to spend a record figure to obtain you, he’ll be buzzing about that. Its sad but he didnt want to gamble waiting 2/3 more years hoping we can get to where Man City already are. They can offer him everything now and they want to make him their record signing. No more moves breaking down because Ahmed Elmohamady cant control a ball on the run.

• Like 2

I genuinely think that with the way we are acting we are trying to convince Jack to stay.

he’s stated a million times how much he loves playing with Kane and vice versa - we sign Kane mk2. - the way it happened I.e. announcing the signing at the same time Saints announced the bid being accepted…unusually premature by us.

Bailey…it’s unusual how we announced him. Prior to terms and medical. We all thought it. 

The whole unusual saga with ESR. Again - not like us. Was this another sign of demonstrating ambition - for Jack?

Jack has complained we don’t have anyone to convert free kicks (whilst away with England m) - BAM we appoint a FK coach and are seriously in for JWP.

im just saying, we are behaving nothing like we have before. It’s hasty and could all be in aid of trying to give Jack something to seriously consider. 

3 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

I think he ideally wants to be in an elite Aston Villa team at the top.

But I think his mind is clear now. He’s known for a while that he’s an elite level player and needs to be playing at the elite level. Getting that taster at the Euro’s would have rubber stamped it. If Pep and KDB are calling for you personally, and the richest club are willing to spend a record figure to obtain you, he’ll be buzzing about that. Its sad but he didnt want to gamble waiting 2/3 more years hoping we can get to where Man City already are. They can offer him everything now and they want to make him their record signing. No more moves breaking down because Ahmed Elmohamady cant control a ball on the run.

Well when you put it like that… I guess he has my blessing and I wish him well. 

I imagine he will be back one day.

• Like 1

Another concern over this transfer is how will the other players take it? The likes of SJM who absolutely love Jack, if Jack doesn’t believe in what we are doing how are other players going to view things now? I hope it isn’t the case but this could really demoralise the team. 

• Like 1

A thought regarding his shin injury. Perhaps there is an understanding deep down that it’s always going to be recurring, and will only get worse. Villa may push for Europe soon, even within a couple of years…but perhaps that might be too late for him. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, samjp26 said:

Another concern over this transfer is how will the other players take it? The likes of SJM who absolutely love Jack, if Jack doesn’t believe in what we are doing how are other players going to view things now? I hope it isn’t the case but this could really demoralise the team. 

Nah, they have all left clubs and seen other players leave clubs. It happens to everyone. None of us have breakdowns when someone leaves our work. 

Â