The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

4 minutes ago, MattVillaPortsmouth said:

Southgate not given him the minutes has been the straw that broke the camels back, Jack has experienced a big final, seen others get ahead of him for no other reason than they do have played on a bigger stage - i truely believe if he had played more he would have stayed (if he goes - and he would have a euros winner medal).

Plot twist: Southgate has known all along and kept him out the team as a punishment 'cause he **** loves the Villa. Cheers Gaz, never doubted you mate.

• Haha 1

Just now, DrUnKeNbUm said:

My 10 year old daughter absolutely idolises Jack, she even has a signed luke away shirt on her bedroom wall.

Having broke the news of Jack possibly leaving us last week she was devastated.

This morning I have told her it looks like today is the day

Her response "meh, you're either Villa or you're not"

She said she will take his shirt off the wall when it has been confirmed.

Wise beyond her years.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Spoony said:

Again, not on board with this snake stuff. It probably was a really thought decision. And he’s had Euros to worry about then a holiday after a gruelling year.

We are in danger of becoming super whiny. It has happened, it’s his choice, we aren’t massively damaged by it at all. Because of FFP I don’t buy this idea that the money we are spending isn’t the Grealish money. This has clearly been on the cards and I don’t think signing Bailey and Ings so close is a coincidence. Grealish made his decision and now the dominos are all falling as planned in my opinion. No one in all of this is an idiot. It’s just business. 

Agree with this, like all footballers he's in it to be the best he can be, at the same time he had a connection with our club. He's now moving to the premier League champions for a record fee, this is about success not money.

For villa it's now about moving forwards, reinvest, build the squad. It's not our first challenge, we had to rebuild before when we over achieved.

The project moves forward, like everyone else I just wanted Jack to be part of it.

• Like 1

One more thing before I finally go to bed. Most of us are from a different era. Grealish has grown up in an era where social media stardom, playing in the CL and featuring in pepsi ads etc are the most exciting parts of being a footballer. It’s probably what most of his young and talented peers dream of. The dream isn’t to carry your boyhood team (in this case a mid table team in Birmingham) to any kind of glory. I just don’t think young footballers are wired the same and we just have to accept that. There are a few exceptions sure but those exceptions aren’t the likes of a player like Jack Grealish. Of course he wants to be the Messi opening a can of Pepsi or eating a Dorito in the ads before a CL game that he’s in and then going home to play fifa from a box with a cover that he’s on. 

• Like 1

I can’t get that notion that he’s been trying to leave every summer for 3 years now out of my head. 

I really don’t wish him well. He’s a rival player now and it would be fantastic if his shin injuries flared up again. 

2 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Wise beyond her years.

Way more rational than I am.

As soon as it is confirmed I am taking booing lessons, for the game at Villa Park I want to make sure I have the right tone and pitch to my booing so Jack really feels it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Delphinho123 said:

I can’t get that notion that he’s been trying to leave every summer for 3 years now out of my head. 

I really don’t wish him well. He’s a rival player now and it would be fantastic if his shin injuries flared up again. 

Dude listen to yourself. It’s just a game and he’s switched sides. You don’t have to wish him well as he’s a rival but come on. He’s a young lad with dreams and so much talent that should be enjoyed (perhaps not by us but still). Injuries should never be wished on any player. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Better to have seen him play for the Villa and then just let him go with our thanks and best wishes IMO or it twists you up inside.

Also,  maybe a Brummie will score the winner in the champ league final or whatever.  It's not much i know but but we are buying great players and will have a balanced team.

It would break his heart to read Villa fans want him injured,  that is just not how the Villa are now,  fans or club,  we must rise above that.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

Better to have seen him play for the Villa and then just let him go with our thanks and best wishes IMO or it twists you up inside.

Also,  maybe a Brummie will score the winner in the champ league final or whatever.  It's not much i know but but we are buying great players and will have a balanced team.

It would break his heart to read Villa fans want him injured,  that is just not how the Villa are now,  fans or club,  we must rise above that.

I don’t think it would bother him to be honest. 

37 minutes ago, a-k said:

This part is completely left out:

"Speaking to The Telegraph about his failed Spurs switch, he said: "Of course there's going to be disappointment there. They've beaten Manchester United 3-0 at Old Trafford, they're playing Barcelona in the Champions League next week. I felt that if I'd gone there I could have maybe been in the England squad by the end of the year. ... I thought I was leaving. Before the new owners, Villa needed the money so I kind of accepted that me going would save the club."

We were in the Championship and only a few weeks before Xia had total control. Completely different situation.

This. 100%. Lets not rewrite history, whatever Jacks current decision is now, back then he very clearly just was doing what the club told him was best for the club. I still remain grateful to him for his loyalty and hard work then, It was real and he was fantastic. He stuck with us in the Championship that is to his eternal credit. It lifted me I can tell you. After Delph and all the others combined with the relegation, well Jack Grealish sticking around was one of the few things that made me smile. 

That doesnt wipe out what me may be about to do but it still counts and I remain grateful for it.

• Like 2

After a bit more time to come to terms with this I am starting to mellow out on Grealish and accept that this is the way of football in this country. There are countless examples of players a leaving their boyhood clubs to pursue careers higher up the pyramid, whether that is for trophies, wages or simply to reach the highest level possible in their career.

While this is hard to understand as a fan, the mentality of a professional footballer is very different to the fans. The very mentality that enables you to be a professional footballer at the highest level (the drive to win and be the best you can be of all your peers), inherently leads most footballers away from boyhood clubs to achieve the best league position, trophies, individual awards and wages (which is a just reward for your ability that players measure themselves against after all). Most fans do not have this same mentality and thats why were not all professional footballers.

There are some rare cases like Gabby who’s only goal in football was to play for villa and he lost motivation once he had achieved this, but this unusual. Most footballers are always driving towards the next achievement at all times. Some footballers are lucky like Foden and John Terry and come through their academy at the exact right time to achieve everything they want with their boyhood club, but this is rare given that only 4 clubs in this country have had consistent top top level success in the last 20 years.

Therefore, while I am obviously disappointed with Grealish and thought he might be different from from all the others, it is not really a surprise to find out actually his just the same.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Delphouneso said:

I've slept on it and I've changed my mind.

If there is a release clause as reported then **** him. You don't come out with this 'my club, my city, my home' bollocks having made sure you've written a way out into your contract. That's Delph levels of snide. He plays along with the Mr Aston Villa stuff 'cause it feeds his ego, but let's be honest the guy's tried to leave 3 seasons running and the only reason he hasn't is because our owners are **** brilliant.

Hopefully the squad can grow without him and some players may even flourish without the fear of getting an earful from billy big bollocks every time they misplace a pass.

Bye Jack, thanks for ruining the memories.

I doubt Grealish would have written that ‘My Club, My Home’ stuff. It would have been a PR rep from his agency. I doubt he even knows the password to ‘his’ Twitter account  😂

5 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

stopped 44 seconds in when he said "i dont know what he does"

Few people do. We've always known, though. Nobody will ever appreciate him like we did.

Â