The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

5 hours ago, Villarocker said:

I'm totally with you in this. I wish for the fans to all turn their backs on him when he next walks out in front of them and boo him each tough of the ball followed by this song - in the loudest voices possible - "You weren't fit to wear our shirt. You weren't fit to wear our shirt". 

I think it will effect him if we’re very vocal against him, it definitely unsettled Barry all those years ago. I think a very hostile Villa park would upset him. Which I think is good I think the football world needs to see genuine anger over it otherwise this nonsense carries on with players, hopefully Jack is the straw that breaks the camels back. But I think we should be hostile anyway we’re far too passive a fan base in my opinion Villa park should be somewhere teams think “hate that place, it’s hostile” 

5 hours ago, TRO said:

I think he will.....but 

£300,000 x 52 x5 = £ 78,000,000

Maybe he won't....his career is Guaranteed.

Higher more like £350k 

5 hours ago, Villastine said:

Looks that way. If there was a release clause then he's stuck to his end of the bargain. 

All the rest is bull anyway. We've plenty of local boys signing youth contracts every other year. 

The club promise them and their Parents the world. A few years later we release them with no notice and no body cares about them. 

Not good enough or lucky enough to make it. Dreams crushed. 

Football is a ruthless business. 

It certainly is 

14 minutes ago, ThornburyVilla said:

Does anyone think Jack might be doing this out of his love of villa?

Perhaps he fears his shin problem is worse than we all think, and he knows that his career will be hugely limited, so he is sacrificing himself and playing for the club he loves, to give us a huge boost and lift up in our quest to reach the top 4. 

If his shins deteriorated he would become near worthless and would also not contribute in a team that over-relied on him. 

With this move he sorts out out investment in the team for several years, he levels out FFP, which has to be a consideration, he allows us to significantly strengthen and better balance our team, and he sets himself up for life. 

who knows 🤷‍♂️ Will Jack wear villa pants under his City shorts???

I'm choosing to believe this.

16 minutes ago, ThornburyVilla said:

Perhaps he fears his shin problem is worse than we all think, and he knows that his career will be hugely limited, so he is sacrificing himself and playing for the club he loves, to give us a huge boost and lift up in our quest to reach the top 4. 

If his shins deteriorated he would become near worthless and would also not contribute in a team that over-relied on him. 

With this move he sorts out out investment in the team for several years, he levels out FFP, which has to be a consideration, he allows us to significantly strengthen and better balance our team, and he sets himself up for life. 

Absolutely, categorically no. He wants money and medals and to grow his personal brand. That’s his choice. Good luck to him but that’s it for him and Villa forever and it’s a clean break. That’s literally all there is to it. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Spoony said:

Absolutely, categorically no. He wants money and medals and to grow his personal brand. That’s his choice. Good luck to him but that’s it for him and Villa forever and it’s a clean break. That’s literally all there is to it. 

spacer.png

5 minutes ago, Spoony said:

100%

19 minutes ago, romavillan said:

two years ago, when we were bout to go bust Xia's solution was Spurs for £25m. 

Any truth to the ‘he himself wanted to go to Spurs for 25m and was angry he couldn’t’ bit I’ve read a few times in here though? 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, ThornburyVilla said:

He has no love for Villa, i like your optimism, but i have come to terms with the fact he is doing this to win a few medals, which who can blame the lad,  the easy way, he could have stayed at villa rolled his socks up (well maybe not with them calves) and give it one hell of a go.

Just shows he had no real interest in the project and was actively looking for a way out, i hate football sometimes.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Spoony said:

This is the long and short of it 

1 minute ago, Ingram85 said:

Any truth to the ‘he himself wanted to go to Spurs for 25m and was angry he couldn’t’ bit I’ve read a few times in here though? 

I don't remember the source of that, but it was pretty much the general consensus that he wanted to go, Levy didn't match the valuation and so he stayed. In come NSWE and the rest is history!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

image.png.0b15c99684c779ee2c6b144f826616e2.png

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/11510848/jack-grealish-admits-disappointment-over-failed-tottenham-transfer

• Like 1

I'll be honest I'm sad it's all over. I tried telling myself that I don't really care but it is just really disappointing. The best player I've seen at the club and I expect it will remain that way for quite some time. 

£100m is a crazy amount of money though and maybe in the long term this is what the club needs, to move away from that '1 man team' tag and show we can keep going without him. 

Either way I am gutted won't try to say I'm not, if he does a leaving post I expect that will hit me right in the feels as well. 

• Like 4

On 28/07/2021 at 13:56, TrentVilla said:

I think he will stay. That is just my personal take.

I think the only thing that is certain is that a hell of a lot of people in the media have gone out on limbs at various times claiming one thing or another but have been made to look stupid.

I’m taking no notice of any of it.

Surprised by any of the goings on over the past couple of days Trent? What’s your take on it all? I think we need your rational thinking to help keep us all sane…

• Like 1

I would say as well, all credit to both Grealish and the club for how this was conducted. There was a price, it was met, everything was done amicably, Grealish hasn’t kicked up a fuss (at least not publicly) and it has been an incredibly smooth process. You compare that to Kane dramas and although I’m gutted we’ve lost our best player I’m glad everyone has acted with class.

£100m is so much money. Let’s build, move on quickly and progress. Tbh I don’t want to see any more talk of Grealish after this. About as useful as discussing James Milner leaving for City. Both are history. 

• Like 2

I've slept on it and I've changed my mind.

If there is a release clause as reported then **** him. You don't come out with this 'my club, my city, my home' bollocks having made sure you've written a way out into your contract. That's Delph levels of snide. He plays along with the Mr Aston Villa stuff 'cause it feeds his ego, but let's be honest the guy's tried to leave 3 seasons running and the only reason he hasn't is because our owners are **** brilliant.

Hopefully the squad can grow without him and some players may even flourish without the fear of getting an earful from billy big bollocks every time they misplace a pass.

Bye Jack, thanks for ruining the memories.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

To me this is prob best for club, country and Jack - as much as it pains me.

Southgate not given him the minutes has been the straw that broke the camels back, Jack has experienced a big final, seen others get ahead of him for no other reason than they do have played on a bigger stage - i truely believe if he had played more he would have stayed (if he goes - and he would have a euros winner medal).

wish him luck, move on a and get behind the team - we are still moving in the right direction

Edited by MattVillaPortsmouth

5 minutes ago, ben1505 said:

How on earth can FFP even be a thing if Shitty are going to spend 1/4 billion on two players?

If they don't get punished hard for their back channeling of money from years ago the PL is a farce

• Like 1

Just now, MattVillaPortsmouth said:

Southgate not given him the minutes has been the straw that broke the camels back, Jack has experienced a big final, seen others get ahead of him for no other reason

Red herring. Foden got no minutes. Sounds like Jack wanted to leave long before. That he left it this close to PL kick off just makes him a bigger snake

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Delphouneso said:

I've slept on it and I've changed my mind.

If there is a release clause as reported then **** him. You don't come out with this 'my club, my city, my home' bollocks having made sure you've written a way out into your contract. That's Delph levels of snide. He plays along with the Mr Aston Villa stuff 'cause it feeds his ego, but let's be honest the guy's tried to leave 3 seasons running and the only reason he hasn't is because our owners are **** brilliant.

Hopefully the squad can grow without him and some players may even flourish without the fear of getting an earful from billy big bollocks every time they misplace a pass.

Bye Jack, thanks for ruining the memories.

I sort of get the sentiment but I’m not fully on board with this take. He’s never struck me as any kind of billy big bollocks - I think he’s pretty classy.

The my club my home stuff is just marketing spin people shouldn’t really buy into.

He’s moving for cash and medals. If that’s what he wants that’s his choice. Absolutely wouldn’t be my choice and I think it’d clear he isn’t the Villan we thought he was but equally I’m not going to get too upset about that. He doesn’t have the same motivations a real Villa fan would have. That’s fine. It’s a massive shame but it is what it is. We get a ton of cash and we exit the Grealish era. 

Â