The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

2 hours ago, AJ said:

My point to what, my original post or my reply to yours?

In my original post, I thought it was obvious. Football player who spouts BS about loyalty and then does opposite shocker.

As for your reply, I found so much to disagree with, the easiest way was to reword your post. 

Honestly, I can't understand your admiration for a club who has destabilised us several times in the past. 

My opinion of Man City has nothing to do with my point. 

My point was a lot can change in a year. Grealish has had an incredible season. And whatever we think of Man City, it’s a huge opportunity for him. I don’t think him being so enthusiastic about Villa last season when he signed a contract is a bad thing. 

19 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

Bosh, Carter, McGrady, Lowry. Sucks man.

At least you know DeRozan loved you to the end. Before you know, you traded him for a ring. 

Also Lowry is leaving a legend and has our blessings. Got us our ring, we're good. Time for the rebuild.

Jack though? Just another Gareth Barry. It's only been 10 years and sometimes I forget he was such an important player for us.

16 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

@Fairy In Boots has covered this in detail recently and to me it makes the most sense that Grealish, his family, and his agent have been angling for a move long ago regardless of club's ambition and how many times he's said he's a boyhood Villa fan. He's snaked out on us

It could very well be that Grealish made his calculation a year or two ago, but my question was essentially whether NSWE have ambition, and whether Grealish's decision reflects on that ambition. Regardless when he made his decision (if he has made it at all), Grealish could have decided that NSWE's timetable does not match his. That decision does not mean that NSWE necessarily lack ambition, only that it will take too long to happen for Grealish's taste.

Just now, TomC said:

It could very well be that Grealish made his calculation a year or two ago, but my question was essentially whether NSWE have ambition, and whether Grealish's decision reflects on that ambition. Regardless when he made his decision (if he has made it at all), Grealish could have decided that NSWE's timetable does not match his. That decision does not mean that NSWE necessarily lack ambition, only that it will take too long to happen for Grealish's taste.

Nah there's no question about NSWE ambitions besides even discussing FFP it's about Jack and family not being from money and being dazzled by the agent on what was on offer

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Nah there's no question about NSWE ambitions besides even discussing FFP it's about Jack and family not being from money and being dazzled by the agent on what was on offer

Or it's that his ultimate desire is global superstardom rather than local legend, and it's more attainable at Man City than here. And while I'm not happy about it, I respect the choice, and frankly I'm somewhat ashamed of the way some fans are slagging him off for it. I've seen a lot of Villa fans -- here and elsewhere -- behaving just like the fans they mock today. It's a shame.

1 hour ago, TheAuthority said:

£100,000,000.00

Just wrote that out for the first time. Took me about 3 attempts. It’s a f**k of a lot of money.

Borderline offensive doesn't really cover it does it. These are guys who kick about a ball. (I know it's big big business but at the end of the day it's still mindboggling how it's gotten here)

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, VillaHatesMe said:

Or it's that his ultimate desire is global superstardom rather than local legend, and it's more attainable at Man City than here. And while I'm not happy about it, I respect the choice, and frankly I'm somewhat ashamed of the way some fans are slagging him off for it. I've seen a lot of Villa fans -- here and elsewhere -- behaving just like the fans they mock today. It's a shame.

"Local" is selling us short imo. We're one of the most storied clubs in English football. It's an amazing honour to be regarded as a legend and best ever player of a club like Villa, and I say that with the C&B specs off. Same goes to Everton and Spurs for example. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, VillaHatesMe said:

Local legend? Are you havin’ a laugh?

15 minutes ago, VillaHatesMe said:

He's gone to the club that represents everything wrong with football and that's not even getting into the oil state owners and if the background stuff about him angling for move ages ago are true which they do sound so then he's a total snake

1 minute ago, Kiwivillan said:

He's gone to the club that represents everything wrong with football and that's not even getting into the oil state owners and if the background stuff about him angling for move ages ago are true which they do sound so then he's a total snake

He was upset about not being sold to **** Spurs way back then.  I absolutely understand why he wants to move, but let’s not kid ourselves, he’s been trying to jump ship for a while.

2 hours ago, danceoftheshamen said:

Suddenly he gets mysterious shin issues which was never really explained properly & yet magically drags on for half a season effectively wrecking our push for Europe. Then just in time to prove his fitness he magically recovers ready for the Euros. Now all of a sudden according to reports he signs his contract without even having had his medical? Really? 

Just saying 🤔

I’ve wondered this also.

However, we’ll never find out and there’s enough hate out there so I’m going to give him the benefit of the doubt. Also, I remember him playing the couple of games before the injury was announced and he wasn’t right. I suspected he was carrying an injury then because his performances were not great, not terrible but just he seemed off it so I tend to think there was something genuine. 

Also, I’m pretty sure it would be easy to sign a contract with a clause in it that says “subject to a medical being completed”.

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

My opinion of Man City has nothing to do with my point. 

My point was a lot can change in a year. Grealish has had an incredible season. And whatever we think of Man City, it’s a huge opportunity for him. I don’t think him being so enthusiastic about Villa last season when he signed a contract is a bad thing. 

As it stands now, I am very disappointed how things have panned out, but it has all happened now, so it is just about acceptance. He is gone, and any arguments about his motivations, and opinions about other clubs is pointless and wasted energy.

The only thing left is the future. Villa will always be a giant in my eyes, and I am sure they are in yours too. I am looking forward to this season more than ever now, as some have said we are drifting from being a one man team, to being an actual team. That is something we all want to see and be here for. We shouldn't pin our hopes on one player to make that happen.

Anyhoo, UTV and stay safe.

2 hours ago, Mic09 said:

The sad thing is, one day Jack will regret it.

Not sad. I’ve come round to the opinion of “**** that guy”. Football is a fickle beast, as Grealish has proven. He’s over us, I’m over him. Let’s move on and do great things without him. Looking forward to the ‘Emi Martinez banging the premier league trophy’ statue instead 

I don’t buy into Villa are a one man team, no team is.

Our defence was still very good during the period Grealish was injured, it was our creativity and taking our chances which were the issues. These issues now appear to be solved.

Ive had my dummy spit and moved on, he’s gone to the soulless.

Villa are bigger than any one person, we are only 2-3 signings away from a very exciting team and hopefully Smith can make us even better than last season.

• Like 1

Does anyone think Jack might be doing this out of his love of villa?

Perhaps he fears his shin problem is worse than we all think, and he knows that his career will be hugely limited, so he is sacrificing himself and playing for the club he loves, to give us a huge boost and lift up in our quest to reach the top 4. 

If his shins deteriorated he would become near worthless and would also not contribute in a team that over-relied on him. 

With this move he sorts out out investment in the team for several years, he levels out FFP, which has to be a consideration, he allows us to significantly strengthen and better balance our team, and he sets himself up for life. 

who knows 🤷‍♂️ Will Jack wear villa pants under his City shorts???

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Â