The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

if it was Joe Bennett or if Isaiah Osbourne (when he was with us) then the reaction would be different

I can only respond for myself but I can assure you that allowing a teenager the freedom to enjoy a sun holiday in Spain (and, yes, all that goes with that) is certainly not limited to the better players from my point of view.

• Like 2

I dont get why people keep linking this to image of AVFc. like what do you think is going to happen? Sponsors pull out because someone got drunk on their holidays? ST alcoholics stop coming to villa because they think its associated with drinking? Nothing will happen because of this story. get a grip. Congratulations to the people who have got annoyed at grealish doing this. You are exactly why newspapers print this absolute shit and why its a story.

I think it will hinder the chances of Jack becoming a top top player. Not the picture itself but the fact that he clearly likes a drink.

hahaha. Im going to let you into a little secret. Footballers get wankered ALL the time. Especially in off-season. Even messi :o!!!

Edited by gharperr

Surely there's a difference between being 19 and having fun and being unconscious in the middle of the road on your own in a foreign country.

Don't think anyone thinks he shouldn't have fun and enjoy his lifestyle but this was stupid and let's himself down.

• Like 2

I wonder what the reaction would be on here if it was someone like Jack Wilshire, in the same circumstances. Not sure if there would be many sticking up for him.

lol why wouldnt we? hes on his holidays ffs. Kind of insulting that you think were only sticking up for people because they play for villa and thats how our brains work.

Edited by gharperr

I wonder what the reaction would be on here if it was someone like Jack Wilshire, in the same circumstances. Not sure if there would be many sticking up for him.

You mean if Jack W was 19 ?  Because that's one of the key points here.  This is something that our Jack has to get out of his system.

Aaaand now the club statement has made top story and breaking news on the BBC website.  What a load of old bollocks.  The path this story has taken is so pathetically predictable.

You know what avoids everything?

Jack Grealish doesn't do this.  So simple!

Yeah "don't be 19".  Unfortunately we have to be normal at some point.  Bubble wrap would be impractical.  That's where the sanctimony breaks down.  It's easy to take the moral high ground on a story like this whilst refusing to accept that people aren't perfect; that they should measure up to a standard that most commenters themselves wouldn't measure up to.

Do you realise that being 19 doesn't automatically mean you get this drunk?

Further, do you realise that being a professional footballer puts you somewhat in the public limelight?

It's easy to take the moral high ground, sure.  Unfortunately, it appears it's not so easy for Jack to behave responsibly.  He's already been publically warned by the club and Sherwood over that nonsense legal high stuff - and now this.  It looks like he's mugging the club off, irrespective of whether or not it's a "big deal" in the grand scheme of things.

If this wasn't a Villa player, we'd all be saying he's been a bit of a dick here.

Bet you were fun at parties.

Aaaand now the club statement has made top story and breaking news on the BBC website.  What a load of old bollocks.  The path this story has taken is so pathetically predictable.

You know what avoids everything?

Jack Grealish doesn't do this.  So simple!

Yeah "don't be 19".  Unfortunately we have to be normal at some point.  Bubble wrap would be impractical.  That's where the sanctimony breaks down.  It's easy to take the moral high ground on a story like this whilst refusing to accept that people aren't perfect; that they should measure up to a standard that most commenters themselves wouldn't measure up to.

Do you realise that being 19 doesn't automatically mean you get this drunk?

Further, do you realise that being a professional footballer puts you somewhat in the public limelight?

It's easy to take the moral high ground, sure.  Unfortunately, it appears it's not so easy for Jack to behave responsibly.  He's already been publically warned by the club and Sherwood over that nonsense legal high stuff - and now this.  It looks like he's mugging the club off, irrespective of whether or not it's a "big deal" in the grand scheme of things.

If this wasn't a Villa player, we'd all be saying he's been a bit of a dick here.

Bet you were fun at parties.

Bet you weren't.

His only real mistake here is that he hasn't yet surrounded himself with people who will take care of him and allow him to do this kind of thing more safely and get away with it, like plenty of older players do.  So his crime is naïvety and inexperience.  He won't make that mistake again.

• Like 3

Not many places (outside the UK anyway) where this kind of behavior would be considered OK from an professional athlete, be he/she 19, 25, or 40.

I really like Grealish and have high hopes for him.

Hope this is the last hurrah before he starts acting like an adult, professional athlete.

Edit: That said i do have friends who are former national team members for Sweden in Football, Handball and Bandy (if that's what it's called in English) and they have told me some pretty shocking stories from the Olympics and from the season finales after parties...

Edited by sne

lol why wouldnt we? hes on his holidays ffs. Kind of insulting that you think were only sticking up for people because they play for villa and thats how our brains work.

Being on holiday is no reason to become so intoxicated that you end up passed out in the middle of the road. He could have ended up choking on his own vomit.

I felt the same when Jack was critised for having a drink during Arsenal's parade and was charged for whatever bullshit the FA came up with it.

It's pathetic, football really has lost it's soul.

I wasn't even born, but I yearn for the days of the 80s when it seemed more fun.

I have read more than my fair share of books from that period from old pros, those were the days.

The reaction of some people tells me that Paul McGrath would never have stood a chance if he was playing in this day and age

Paul McGrath wouldn't have been as successful in this day and age if he had the same attitude, yes.  Same with Gazza.

Much more about being an athlete these days - everyone knows that.

(Also slight lol at the "being an alcoholic is OK" path you've taken here :D)

Edited by bobzy

Being on holiday is no reason to become so intoxicated that you end up passed out in the middle of the road. He could have ended up choking on his own vomit.

Jesus wept. Im done. Im amazed youre not moaning at the club for letting people drive a car on the road.

• Like 1

That's because he's a word removed and cockney filth ;)

• Like 1

His only real mistake here is that he hasn't yet surrounded himself with people who will take care of him and allow him to do this kind of thing more safely and get away with it, like plenty of older players do.  So his crime is naïvety and inexperience.  He won't make that mistake again.

Absolutely this.

If it is one of his mates that took the photo then he isnt much of one is he.

Â