The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

10 minutes ago, weedman said:

But he looks his best when he's driving forward at players, but against City most teams sit deep and make themselves hard to beat, leaving no space for that. He's not quick and jinking like Sterling or Mahrez, and his passing isn't on the level of De Bruyne. His best asset when not running at players is holding the ball, drawing defenders in and then perfectly weighting a pass away or moving away and drawing a free kick. 

I'm not convinced being in a team with 70% possession every game necessarily will suit his style of play. 

With that said, every attacking player looks the absolute dogs in that City team because they get so so many chances to do stuff each game, so what do I know? 

Grealish can play (very well) in tight spaces so he'll be absolutely fine against teams sitting back.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

Man City have never won the champions league.  That is what Jack will move there for.  If it was just the league he stood a chance at winning (at united or Liverpool) I don't think he'd go.  Plus they've both already won the European Cup in the past so not like he'd be breaking new ground for either of those. 

He's taking the easy route to the top,  but he's earnt it as much as any other footballer.

Still going to be a challenge for him to win the biggest club competition in the world

Whoever bid the £100m out of Chelsea, United, City or Liverpool, he would have gone.

Just now, jacketspuds said:

Does he play on the right or left?

I always thought they would try and use Sterling as a makeweight for Kane.

I still don't see where Grealish will fit in to get the game time he craves.

Really? They've paid £100m for him, he's world class and is Pep's kind of player, he will fit in no problem.

Bernardo Silva hates the weather so will be off, but mainly plays RW, CM or false 9 anyway.

He wjll be brilliant for them and he has been brilliant for us. I just hope he isnt injured for a final because the more i think about it the more i am convi ced that its how he runs and plays with the close control that causes the issues. Also his ability to win fouls will be diminishing now that refs have said they will be letting the game flow more 

1 minute ago, jacketspuds said:

The right. He’s a really grafter too, a lot more so than Grealish.  When you have an embarrassment of riches like City have it’s very difficult to improve it. I honestly don’t think Jack will take them to any next level. He is on the level of what they have so he’s probably a longer term replacement for Mahrez.  Plus of course he’s English and very marketable. 

3 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

Maybe.  Guess we'll never know,  but saying he won't get a challenge is wrong. 

He’ll have a massive challenge. He doesn’t perform to the level they expect and he’s benched. At villa he could have several stinkers in a row and he’d still play every minute. 

5 minutes ago, a m ole said:

Is that the league or all comps? Does it take into account injuries?

No idea mate, just lifted from here. May well be nonsense but can't be bothered to fact check it 

Edited by dappadan
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

Really? They've paid £100m for him, he's world class and is Pep's kind of player, he will fit in no problem.

Bernardo Silva hates the weather so will be off, but mainly plays RW, CM or false 9 anyway.

Sorry, I don't mean he won't fit in because he's not good enough. Just that they have so many attacking players it's weird to think that he would be happy with what I expect to be not playing every game.

This morning won't lie hated him, think we all thought he might stay, as the day has gone on, we spent a bit of money and calmed a bit, still think he will regret his decision as winning a medal for a bunch mercenaries will mean a lot less than captaining your boyhood club to silverware, think I potentially could forgive him if he was to some day come back

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, JB said:

There was a brilliant post in here earlier about how this is not actually an ambitious move. 

It was spot on IMO. It’s a cheat code for soulless trophies and, sadly, the most boring move possible for the most exciting player I’ve ever seen.

Nail on head 

He’s going to go there and may well be the best player they have and win lots of stuff playing with the best players in the world ( in many respects you can’t blame him) 

and none of the other clubs who are in the big league will be that bothered cause they will still get the money for being failures.
Who will challenge them next year.

Scouse won’t 

untied won’t tie it back up 

Chelsea about as close as it gets but don’t think they’re in the same ball park. 
absoloute tosh the whole of football is. 

Look at soton they did brilliantly to get back up 10 years or so back…..put some real strong stuff together and have just been picked off with managers and players and now on there way out the league soon  

Gutted Jack is leaving as it means I’ll never be able to watch him again even for England cause all it will be is Man City this Man City that now he’s moved onto a different level since pep has him and with these better players 🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮

we all know he’s different level and England would have won the euros if that muppet would have played him  

ive seen McGrath 

ive seen Yorke

Hes different level 

he’s going to absolutely tear it up for them 

you all know it 

for a couple of seasons when pep was into him sterling was awesome and improved massively just see what jack does under him 

who wants my ticket for the game against them  

😪

that being said  I do think we’ll come out of this well  

I just wanted Jack to be prt of it all 

but then maybe it’s just his legs hypnotising me and actually he’s rubbish 🤣🤣

16 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

I hear the plan is No 8 and pep is to improve his defensive skills.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Clearly, he’s off… especially with how proactive we are being with our transfer dealings now…

We move on and try to become better and more successful without him.

Hopefully, we will & should become a more even and balanced team with an abundance of quality and technical ability throughout… a better side overall and not overly reliant on a  single player… attacking threats from multiple areas.

That’s a positive and something to look forward to imo although I would’ve preferred us to build around Jack and become stronger & more balanced that way, but turns out that was just a dream/fairytale…

Hugely disappointed in him, he’s not such a huge fan and doesn’t have as much love for the club as we’d originally thought or been led to believe. I don’t see how you can bear playing & competing against the club you've supposedly adored since you were a child and the MY CLUB, MY CITY, MY HOME lines just ring hollow now… it’s made his departure even worse.

To leave so soon after signing a long contract and at a time where we are in our best place as a club in so many years… again, disappointing. All those comments about believing in the vision and project and wanting to be a part of it, it’s all turned out to be BS. How sad… to apparently commit and turn your back on that so quickly… 

If you truly love this club, you would want to be a part of the adventure and be a focal point for that success. Is there anything better for a true fan?

Unfortunately, the romance of football is dead. The game has changed too much. Players are simply commodities or mercenaries…  the sooner we accept that and become less attached to these guys, the better. That emotional investment is simply not worth it and never really reciprocated… money has taken over and ruined the sport. Why City are allowed to spend so heavily and basically attempt to buy the league, after all their indiscretions, enquiries and investigations… is beyond me. Wouldn’t be surprised if they added Kane for a similar fee and got off scot free for that too…

I don’t know if Jack is emotional or upset about this (he should be) and frankly, I don’t care…

Not going to waste too much time, energy and headspace on him… can’t be arsed to be angry or sad about it. I’d rather just focus on the huge positives regarding our club… where we are at and where we want to go…

We have great owners and an excellent manager. We still have good players and personalities and are going to bring more in. I’d rather focus on them.

Jack will just be a part of the past… a distant memory for me… certainly nowhere near a legend…

No cause or reason for abuse, that’s out of order, but I just see him as another player now and have no interest in him. Don’t care what he does or how he gets on. But no hatred or anger, that’s just a waste of energy…

However, when he returns to VP (he’s also willingly decided to forego returning to a packed home crowd, all chanting his name in adoration, after missing out on it for so long. A full season in front of fans again would be massively appealing for a player that genuinely loves the club… No one will ever love you like we have Jack, never forget it) he should be made aware that we no longer hold him in high regard and will not be kissing his ass any longer…

He could have been a huge, key part of our future and become a genuine legend and icon, forever etched and ingrained in our history. Would have been renowned for it for the rest of his life…

Just another player now, by no means a legend.

When he leaves, I will no longer care about Jack Grealish. I only care about Aston Villa.

To each their own, if others think differently carry on. But don’t try to enforce your view onto others. This is heartbreaking for many fans, young and old, and is an emotional time. Leave people to deal with it as they see fit. But I would encourage fans to keep their heads held high and look forwards with positivity and optimism. We are not going anywhere, we’re here to compete and fight and we will continue to make strides and succeed…

UTV

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Eliseav said:

He’s going to go there and may well be the best player they have

I honestly don’t think he will be. Injuries, rotation, playing more of a team game etc. and he won’t be the same Jack he was at Villa.   Plus he’ll carry on getting fouled a lot.

19 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

He’ll have a massive challenge. He doesn’t perform to the level they expect and he’s benched. At villa he could have several stinkers in a row and he’d still play every minute. 

And he won’t be able to moan at his teammates like he does here

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, pete101 said:

This morning won't lie hated him, think we all thought he might stay, as the day has gone on, we spent a bit of money and calmed a bit, still think he will regret his decision as winning a medal for a bunch mercenaries will mean a lot less than captaining your boyhood club to silverware, think I potentially could forgive him if he was to some day come back

If you forgive you’ve basically play into his hands, the pr firm him they have are counting on fans getting lazy to swallow the crap the comes out. He’s buggered off for more money and easy wins for medals, they bank on fans getting apathetic and that’s why these players get away with it. It’s good to be a militant fan base it lets players know to treat the club with respect or they will get shit. Jack has remained professional but he sold us all a lie last year the only wasn’t even dry and they were discussing this move

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Â