The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

1 minute ago, dappadan said:

Interesting also that almost universally most other clubs fans seem to see the signings as great business from Villa this window

I strongly believe that only Villa fans in general knew how good Jack was and they only saw glimpses, hence the good business comments. Sadly he's going to be worth even more in a year's time imo and of course all these 'other fans' will suddenly realise how good he is. 

No doubt Safegate will be starting him for England too.

1 minute ago, sidcow said:

If they are planning to play him down the middle I think they're in for a shock.

He always wants to play there and everyone on here used to clamour for him to play there but everytime he played there I thought he was pretty poor. 

He's a left winger for me.

Unfortunately he will be playing with far superior players, he will flourish in the middle there 😢

2 minutes ago, JB said:

There was a brilliant post in here earlier about how this is not actually an ambitious move. 

It was spot on IMO. It’s a cheat code for soulless trophies and, sadly, the most boring move possible for the most exciting player I’ve ever seen.

Should've just went to United last year. At least there's some intrigue there with them trying to snatch the crown back off the noisy neighbours, which seems impossible right now. Could have really been the Brummy Becks. Instead he's going to be some cheap knockoff with boring trophies won at a canter.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dounavilla said:

Sadly he's going to be worth even more in a year's time imo and of course all these 'other fans' will suddenly realise how good he is. 

I’m not convinced he/they will. Will he look as good when he doesn’t see as much of the ball, as not everything goes through him and he’s not passed it on demand?

Of course, it could go the other way and he could take things to a new level with better players around him. 

Either way, I won’t know as I won’t be watching him play for anyone else. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Should've just went to United last year. At least there's some intrigue there with them trying to snatch the crown back off the noisy neighbours, which seems impossible right now. Could have really been the Brummy Becks. Instead he's going to be some cheap knockoff with boring trophies won at a canter.

Couldn't agree more. It'd hurt no less if he'd gone to Chelsea, United or Liverpool, but I'd have respected it a little more.

Man City may as well get trophies out of a vending machine.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, JB said:

There was a brilliant post in here earlier about how this is not actually an ambitious move. 

It was spot on IMO. It’s a cheat code for soulless trophies and, sadly, the most boring move possible for the most exciting player I’ve ever seen.

Yep it's the move of a coward, I have never thought of jack as a coward and I hope I'm proven right. 

• Like 1

Was just having another think.

We surely know all of this would have been discussed between Deano and the owners.

He was probably loathe to lose Jack, but on the other hand probably thought " Shit, I could do great things with an extra 100 mill towards the squad ".

They probably mutually agreed it was great business, and better for the greater good of the " Project ". Then gave his own Green Light.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

Moving on from the personal insults...

I think there is hope this change does infact galvanise the squad, team and management.

We can finally move on from being Aston Grealish; try not to worry about whether or not our 'star player' gets injured.

Using the money wisely will add strength and depth.

If we can sign one of Cantwell or Ward-Prowse I'd be happy.

Someone earlier got their knickers in a twist about my comments about Grealish, if he's leaving I don't care about him anymore and we need to look forward.

3 minutes ago, JB said:

I’m not convinced he/they will. Will he look as good when he doesn’t see as much of the ball, as not everything goes through him and he’s not passed it on demand?

Of course, it could go the other way and he could take things to a new level with better players around him. 

Either way, I won’t know as I won’t be watching him play for anyone else. 

He'll look better. He's practically guaranteed to have more time on the ball now. We are talking about going from a side with about 48% possession to a side that will average mid 60%. That's literally another 15 minutes to share around the team. He will have the ball almost as much if not more especially if he plays through the centre which he should. He'll be their 2nd best player next season and their best in a year's time. 

Again big IF here in that he actually goes. 

2 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

He'll look better. He's practically guaranteed to have more time on the ball now. We are talking about going from a side with about 48% possession to a side that will average mid 60%. That's literally another 15 minutes to share around the team. He will have the ball almost as much if not more especially if he plays through the centre which he should. He'll be their 2nd best player next season and their best in a year's time. 

He’s one of the best players in the league and no one moves the ball up the pitch better than he does. Can’t understand how people think he’s not going to get the ball or will sit on the bench!

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

Silva 60%

De Bruyne 58% 

Foden 47%

Mahrez 57%

Thats apparently the % in minutes spent on the pitch last season. So he may get more chance when he is on but there is absolutely no guarantee he even plays 50% of the time, especially with his injuries. 

1 minute ago, MotoMkali said:

But he looks his best when he's driving forward at players, but against City most teams sit deep and make themselves hard to beat, leaving no space for that. He's not quick and jinking like Sterling or Mahrez, and his passing isn't on the level of De Bruyne. His best asset when not running at players is holding the ball, drawing defenders in and then perfectly weighting a pass away or moving away and drawing a free kick. 

I'm not convinced being in a team with 70% possession every game necessarily will suit his style of play. 

With that said, every attacking player looks the absolute dogs in that City team because they get so so many chances to do stuff each game, so what do I know? 

Man City have never won the champions league.  That is what Jack will move there for.  If it was just the league he stood a chance at winning (at united or Liverpool) I don't think he'd go.  Plus they've both already won the European Cup in the past so not like he'd be breaking new ground for either of those. 

He's taking the easy route to the top,  but he's earnt it as much as any other footballer.

Still going to be a challenge for him to win the biggest club competition in the world

Â