The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

14 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

Seems we've all reached the acceptance phase. Good place to be. I have gone through denial, anger, and come out the other side very positive about the fact we got a lot of money for a very injury prone super star.

Our squad was so heavily dependent on him,  but our latest 3 signings give me great belief we'll be better for it.

How do we think the squad will deal with his departure? They seem pretty upbeat. Smith was especially calm.

Just now, GENTLEMAN said:

How do we think the squad will deal with his departure? They seem pretty upbeat. Smith was especially calm.

They’ll probably miss him because he seems a likeable guy. Football wise they’ll obviously miss his talent but I’ll reckon they’ll also be happy they can play their own game now rather than just seeing Jack demanding the ball regardless where they are on the pitch.

Just now, Vive_La_Villa said:

It’s the Ings factor. 

Definitely a very shrewd move from the club to take the edge off. 

Honestly though, being **** about like this for what, 5 days now? I'm just relieved it's over. Best of luck to him and his ego somewhere else.

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, MotoMkali said:

Still don't buy it, it's not over until one of the clubs announces something. 

Not saying it isn't over, but don't clubs generally tweet about the deal being agreed by this point? We did it with Norwich and Leverkusen. I mean, only the medical is pending right? Or is this just Fab getting out ahead of everyone for what is already an inevitability.

2 minutes ago, dappadan said:

Feels like the vibe is a lot more accepting in here today. This thread was a real difficult read for the past few days so its good to see it calm down and some good signings made.

UTV

Yeah probably helps that we’re looking stronger than last season already.  With it without Jack. 

1 minute ago, Davkaus said:

Definitely a very shrewd move from the club to take the edge off. 

Honestly though, being **** about like this for what, 5 days now? I'm just relieved it's over. Best of luck to him and his ego somewhere else.

Yeah it’s been a weird week. Still don’t get why meeting and training was in bold.

Just now, Keyblade said:

Not saying it isn't over, but don't clubs generally tweet about the deal being agreed by this point? We did it with Norwich and Leverkusen. I mean, only the medical is pending right? Or is this just Fab getting out ahead of everyone for what is already an inevitability.

Who knows. It’s a British record transfer. This is massive so they have to get it spot on. 

I posted this in the Ings thread where there was a discussion about Ings' injury record.

Putting it down in words....i found it quite an eye opener!

-------

amazing looking at the stats, Grealish missed 10 games in 15/16, 15 games in 17/18, 16 games in 18/19, only 3 in 19/20, and another 12 in 20/21.

blimey......thats some injury record for a "non super serious injury" - like an ACL etc.

thats averaging 11 games missed per season, and the 3 missed in 19/20 lowers it a lot, if you take the 4 worst of the 5 seasons, it averages 13 games missed per season.

im almost glad we are getting 100m to reinvest in the squad! 😜

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, MaVilla said:

I posted this in the Ings thread where there was a discussion about Ings' injury record.

Putting it down in words....i found it quite an eye opener!

-------

amazing looking at the stats, Grealish missed 10 games in 15/16, 15 games in 17/18, 16 games in 18/19, only 3 in 19/20, and another 12 in 20/21.

blimey......thats some injury record for a "non super serious injury" - like an ACL etc.

thats averaging 11 games missed per season, and the 3 missed in 19/20 lowers it a lot, if you take the 4 worst of the 5 seasons, it averages 13 games missed per season.

im almost glad we are getting 100m to reinvest in the squad! 😜

Given his injury history, getting the luxury of being a rotational player at City might do wonders towards extending his career. He can spend half the season on the bench, be an overhyped new-age Beckham, and win meaningless trophies. But he’ll definitely be a marketing god

2 minutes ago, dappadan said:

Feels like the vibe is a lot more accepting in here today. This thread was a real difficult read for the past few days so its good to see it calm down and some good signings made.

UTV

It was all doom and gloom for a bit, but Bailey and Ings definitely helped remind the fans who owns this club.

Those guys won't let Grealish leaving be a one step backwards situation. The moment Ings came in who is a 1 in 2 striker, it dulled this whole situation massively. 

Instead of being sad I think the fanbase are now excited for the future which may be the intended result. I don't think Bailey and Ings happening today of all days was a coincidence.

We lost a well loved player today (formerly well loved for some) and gained two incredibly good players with more potentially on the way. Losing Grealish should have felt like game over, but instead it feels like Villa are just getting started. 

• Like 1

If they are planning to play him down the middle I think they're in for a shock.

He always wants to play there and everyone on here used to clamour for him to play there but everytime he played there I thought he was pretty poor. 

He's a left winger for me.

• Like 3

Â