The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

2 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

Building a team around one player is OK if you have someone like Messi who will not want to move elsewhere as all his goals are achievable at Barca. But for a mid table team it is flawed as you can never give the player what he wants in the short to medium term. They only have short careers so can't wait around for years in the hope that they might play on the biggest stages. 

Grealish leaving actually presents an opportunity to obtain a more balanced team that can achieve greater consistency. We won't be derailed if one player gets injured or loses form and can strengthen several positions. 

My only argument to that is Dean talked on many occasions that they were building a team that wasn't reliant on him. So theoretically, at some point, while Grealish may still have been the focal point of the team. It wouldn't have relied on him. We would've been in a place where, shin injury hits and we don't drop off without him. And again, in theory, we would've been in a position to constantly fight for European spots.

2 hours ago, GingerCollins29 said:

I am not ITK. I understand i'll get pelters for this but thought i'd share. 

A colleague of mine is friends with someone, who has another friend, who allegedly knows the grealish family well. According to them, his family are distraught that jack is going and have apparently been in contact all day with jack trying to get him to reconsider. That's why the deal hasn't been finalised today.

Personally think its all bollocks but just passing on info.

This is BS his dad is with him in Manchester

1 hour ago, nick76 said:

I definitely wouldnt.  Somebody said to me that I then dont have ambition previously.  I said I have more ambition because my ambition is driving Villa to success not through a club buying success.  To me achieving things at Villa even if eventually amounts to nothing when I'm 35 will be more of an achievement than bought and easy to achieve medals at City.  I think trying to be the driving force in my boyhood club is more ambitious than turning up and collecting medals.  That's just me...I would stay!

Nothing is more ambitious that being captain of your boyhood club. Even moreso when that club is on the up.

People seriously need to stop and think what the word ambitious means.

Does it mean scaling Everest with your bare hands or getting a helicopter to the top?

13 minutes ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

I would have understood it more if he left last season to get in to the England team and the Euros. The coming season is the most exciting one for Villa in over 10 years, and he leaves now, having just played a Euro final.

If he wants to leave, then bye bye. I held him in higher regard than any other player since I started supporting the Villa, but when he leaves he will just be another ex Villa player to me. He missed the chance of becoming a legend. And he hasn't done that much for us anyway. He wasn't at his best in the play offs and in the final, others stepped up. In our first season when it went south towards the end he went missing, Trez and other stepped up, it was first in the last game or two when we had a chance of staying up that he started to perform again. He is injury prone, and after the congested last season and the Euros I expect him to not be able to play every game at top form anyway. Also his antics off the field comes in to another light when he leaves us.

What is most irritating is that he goes to Man C, I mean it isn't even a club, it's a country spedning it's oil money on a business of political and other reasons. God I would like them to join up in the Super League now. 

Even in one of the crucial games at the end of the 19/20 season I remember him taking a scorable free kick off Conor Hourihan and obviously did nothing with it. That still annoys me.

Just looking forward to this being confirmed now so the circus can end and the players invested in the project can move forward without the distraction. So long Jack, I won't hold ill will but you're just another city player now...could have been so much more.

Should have seen it coming really. Spent all summer with the England team, then partying in Mykonos with Chilwell, Mount, Shaw, etc, who all play Champions League football. 

No doubt they have been in his ear since he first got in the England team. He was probably of the opinion that I'm as good, if not better than those other players, I deserve it too. 

Oh well. 

Onwards and upwards Villans. 

Seems we've all reached the acceptance phase. Good place to be. I have gone through denial, anger, and come out the other side very positive about the fact we got a lot of money for a very injury prone super star.

Our squad was so heavily dependent on him,  but our latest 3 signings give me great belief we'll be better for it.

• Like 2

Â