The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

4 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I've said to a few people in the past.

If I start buying City kits, wearing City kits, watching all the City matches, start commenting on the City forums and pages, and stop doing all those things with Aston Villa, could I still then claim to be " One of our own "?

" I'll always love the Villa though ".

If Jack is in on goal, with the opportunity to win the League for City, and relegate us, what do you think he does?

Completely immaterial argument, Emi saves it every time 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, villan501 said:

Agree. For me regardless if he fails medical he will not be captain if he stays so he should just leave 

Win all the trophies  and earn the biggest amount of money he can.

Oh and pick a nice spot on the bench he likes to sit because he will not be playing 90mins every game FACT. At villa he had a strop because he came off against Newcastle with 2minutes to go.

Unpopular opinion perhaps, but I do believe Gresford will benefit greatly from not having to play 90 minutes every game. 

3 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

If Rooney can bo back to Everton, them I'm pretty confident Grealish could find his way back. I think it's more hurt than anger. I honestly think it will become a blessing in disguise. No more of the one man team crap. Maybe others will now flourish. I've a feeling we could surprise a few people this season. 

Time to look ahead. What's done is done.

Rooney was 16 and Everton were going nowhere fast.

6 minutes ago, weedman said:

I mean "all along" is a bit much when talking about a poster who was adamant that the deal was signed sealed and delivered to Man Utd a year ago. 

What is it they say about stopped clocks? 

Mate it was from a personal terms point of view, they had agreed it, United wouldn’t pay our valuation they tapped out at £65m we tied down to a new contract and the release clause was the reward. We pushed him out of the reach of all but city unfortunately, Liverpool for example could never pay that nor Spurs and Arsenal (could afford the wages but club in decline) so we thought he was safe but he’s been looking to jump to a CL club for a few years now. 

edit: if they United had anyone but Woodward there he would have been a United player, it’s impossible to understate how feckless that man was at transfers. Great commercially though

Edited by Fairy In Boots
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Was just going to post can still fail the medical :lol:

particularly with on going shin issues.....they don't easily go away.

its like osgood - schlatters disease in as much it keeps rearing its ugly head.

11 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

If I start buying City kits, wearing City kits, watching all the City matches, start commenting on the City forums and pages, and stop doing all those things with Aston Villa, could I still then claim to be " One of our own "?

If Jack is in on goal, with the opportunity to win the League for City, and relegate us, what do you think he does?

Gets fouled probably

46 minutes ago, R.Bear said:

Wow I've learned something here. Every player at Man City just goes there to "pick up medals". How on earth do they reach 100 points and score 125 goals? Who is doing this!? I thought they were a world class well led team who play beautiful football. I guess I was wrong.

Also, you dont seem to know what ambition means. I'll help you, here is the definition.

ambition
noun

a strong desire to do or achieve something.

Now is winning titles, cups and reaching Champions League finals achieving something or is finishing mid-table?

A truly ambitious target would be to lead Aston Villa from the Championship to the Champions League. That would be an ambitious goal. 

Jumping on the City merry go round where you’re guaranteed a couple of medals each season no matter how much you play is more profitable but is a less ambitious aim. 

12 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

200.gif

• Sad 1

20 minutes ago, gordy said:

Not to be getting hopes up, what if Grealish fails the medical?

Shin splints take ages to go away and can cause pain for months

Its tricky, I know.

I'm kinda resigned to getting on with life without him......like all the new signings.

2 minutes ago, ben1505 said:

Watch him start every England game if he does you… f)&k you Southgate 

Undoubtedly. 

Also wait until 5 games into the season where the media will wank themselves silly over how much he's improved since moving there and how Pep has now made him the complete player.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TRO said:

Its tricky, I know.

I'm kinda resigned to getting on with life without him......like all the new signings.

Same. Ings feels like a good start point of life without "He Who Must Not Be Named." I'm enjoying it and ready for what's next.

Some say Jack would he more ambitious staying with us. I can’t agree with that at all. He gets to play every minute regardless of form. The game revolves around giving him the ball. He can make many mistakes in a game and he’s forgiven because of how good he is.  Staying would almost be the easy option. 

All that’s about to change at City. It will be far from easy for him now.  This is a massive challenge for him. He don’t perform he could find himself spending a lot of time on the bench or worse in a few seasons.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Some say Jack would he more ambitious staying with us. I can’t agree with that at all. He gets to play every minute regardless of form. The game revolves around giving him the ball. He can make many mistakes in a game and he’s forgiven because of how good he is.  Staying would almost be the easy option. 

All that’s about to change at City. It will be far from easy for him now.  This is a massive challenge for him. He don’t perform he could find himself spending a lot of time on the bench or worse in a few seasons.

Or a starter for England just like Sterling was when he was shit for 3 or 4 months last season 

34 minutes ago, TRO said:

Meanwhile the club have busted a gut to build a team around him, and he has passified fans by telling them how much he loves the club,

Building a team around one player is OK if you have someone like Messi who will not want to move elsewhere as all his goals are achievable at Barca. But for a mid table team it is flawed as you can never give the player what he wants in the short to medium term. They only have short careers so can't wait around for years in the hope that they might play on the biggest stages. 

Grealish leaving actually presents an opportunity to obtain a more balanced team that can achieve greater consistency. We won't be derailed if one player gets injured or loses form and can strengthen several positions. 

• Like 1

I would have understood it more if he left last season to get in to the England team and the Euros. The coming season is the most exciting one for Villa in over 10 years, and he leaves now, having just played a Euro final.

If he wants to leave, then bye bye. I held him in higher regard than any other player since I started supporting the Villa, but when he leaves he will just be another ex Villa player to me. He missed the chance of becoming a legend. And he hasn't done that much for us anyway. He wasn't at his best in the play offs and in the final, others stepped up. In our first season when it went south towards the end he went missing, Trez and other stepped up, it was first in the last game or two when we had a chance of staying up that he started to perform again. He is injury prone, and after the congested last season and the Euros I expect him to not be able to play every game at top form anyway. Also his antics off the field comes in to another light when he leaves us.

What is most irritating is that he goes to Man C, I mean it isn't even a club, it's a country spedning it's oil money on a business of political and other reasons. God I would like them to join up in the Super League now. 

Edited by Keener window-cleaner
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

That's a great point. But I think the ambitious talk is more specific to taking Villa to a new level of football. Winning trophies and medals will be easy at Man City. They'll always be competing for them.

Fair enough. Maybe I’m confusing challenge with ambition. 

Â