The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

2 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Said all along if we spent the money wisely we could become a better team and squad without Jack. An amazing player but we were ridiculously reliant on him and had to move away from that. After signing Bailey and Ings I’m really excited to see who’s next. We’re in a good position. 

Yup. I'm still hurting from Jack wanting to walk away, but I feel pretty confident with our business, with our more balanced team, and without the fear of aone injury clowning our season.

Onwards and upwards.

2 minutes ago, blunther said:

Don't tend to go to stand there quietly with my arms folded, no. Would be a rubbish atmosphere. It's all part of the pantomime mate. 

It isn’t. Giving a soon to be ex player dogs abuse player at a game is dickhead behaviour. Dress it up with as much good old English having a laugh banter all you want. Go back and read my message. I said if Grealish is out doing his warm up in a city jersey, be as loud as you want, sing what you want but abusing him is just **** juvenile.

1 minute ago, tomav84 said:

you do realise whatever he says will be carefully put together by a PR team and not his actual words dont you?

Don't break my heart. It's fragile enough already.

2 minutes ago, Fairy In Boots said:

Jack and his team will put out “love the club pr” but he’s been open to a CL club since Spurs. 

we tried to sell him then under Xia, but his team have tried to sell him since which is with his blessing, this was lined up not long after the ink dried on his contract last year. 

this guy is pretty much on it although it’s £100 not £90m, good thread. 

Who is football insights? Whether he knows stuff or not he does post really well.

My Daughter has just informed me that Jack’s bird is out in Manchester tonight with Harry Maguire's sister and few other wags, didn’t waste any time. Never once was she mentioned until the last few weeks. Stinks of an agent trying to improve their profiles.

9 minutes ago, R.Bear said:
ambition
noun

a strong desire to do or achieve something.

Now is winning titles, cups and reaching Champions League finals achieving something or is finishing mid-table?

Arguably in that definition finishing mid table (i'd argue top6/8).  A strong desire to over achieve the capabilities that you have as a team to gain the highest place, that is achieving something just as much as a team that expects to win the title actually winning the title. Otherwise you are saying only the 1st place teams or best in the world are ambitious, which definitely isnt true.  Current example, some of the Olympians ambition was to get to the Olympics and that was the best achievement they were likely to get at the top end of their talent.  They were never going to be in the medals but their ambition is no less so than the guy or girl who wins the Gold medal.  Steven Gerrard wasnt less ambitious staying with Liverpool instead of moving to Chelsea.  Ambition can be individually or doing something as part of a team as well.  Jack's ambition could be to drive Villa to win something which is much more ambitious than being at City where you are likely to win medals.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I can understand the magnitude of the deal and the opportunity to play with players, he dreams of playing with, quite frankly its too lucrative to resist.

However, He has been toying with leaving for some time....Spurs, then Utd, now city......so its not city in isolation that bothers me, its the trend, its the pattern, that has been followed.

Meanwhile the club have busted a gut to build a team around him, and he has passified fans by telling them how much he loves the club, intimating his passion along the lines of Gabby and Gary Shaw...if only.

I can only guess what happened at the Euro's but my guess is Jacks passion for Villa was tested by cynical team mates, who advised him to move on, and to hell with loyalty....I am convinced Jacks head was turned, but not necessarily turned from such piety, as I have depicted.

I would like to know the real reason Jack signed that 5 year deal....what was his main motive ..money?...He looked disappointed to me when the Spurs and Man U deals never came off...and then slipped back to the status quo of "Villa til I die"

I feel sorry for his immediate family, where his dad took him to all the games in his formative years, and was understandably proud of his sons stature, Kevan is a genuinely devote Villa Fan and it must compromise his emotions.

I wish Jack well as he deserves it.....but I have a hunch, it could be a mistake.....Like Adam with the Apple.

Should have asked Zaha how he got on at United.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Fairy In Boots said:

Jack and his team will put out “love the club pr” but he’s been open to a CL club since Spurs. 

we tried to sell him then under Xia, but his team have tried to sell him since which is with his blessing, this was lined up not long after the ink dried on his contract last year. 

this guy is pretty much on it although it’s £100 not £90m, good thread. 

Even more disappointing. Seems like it's saying he never really cared about the project. Just keeps getting worse and worse for Ole Jacky boy. Lol

2 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Arguably in that definition finishing mid table (i'd argue top6/8).  A strong desire to over achieve the capabilities that you have as a team to gain the highest place, that is achieving something just as much as a team that expects to win the title actually winning the title. Otherwise you are saying only the 1st place teams or best in the world are ambitious, which definitely isnt true.  Current example, some of the Olympians ambition was to get to the Olympics and that was the best achievement they were likely to get at the top end of their talent.  They were never going to be in the medals but their ambition is no less so than the guy or girl who wins the Gold medal.  Steven Gerrard wasnt less ambitious staying with Liverpool instead of moving to Chelsea.  Ambition can be individually or doing something as part of a team as well.  Jack's ambition could be to drive Villa to win something which is much more ambitious than being at City where you are likely to win medals.

Nicely put.

However for some ambition and achievement can only be measured by the  number of trinkets in a display cabinet. 

1 hour ago, nick76 said:

If he does go, I wonder if he'll regret it someday.  It's not guaranteed he'll be a success there especially with the high demands and could easily be on the bench if say Foden and Sterling are really on form.  He would have the advantage of being so expensive that you assume they would play him but they have benched expensive players before and can afford to do so.  If he goes he could win many trophies and play most of the games and become a hero there but equally he could have a tough time and be a bit part player which we know would frustrate the hell out of him.  Pep seems to rotate well but still it could not be all greener that he wants and winning medals as a bit part player, will that sit well with Jack....probably but it mayne harder for him to adjust to that mindset than he thinks.  With all their midfield talent, if he leaves, that will be a mammoth task and we saw his face many times during the Euro's.

I cant imagine being a Villa fan, being the star of the team, the captain, hopefully fighting for top 8/ top 6, everything I dreamed about since I was a child.  The club is being run well, we are on the dramatic rise, great owners, the manager loves me, I'm the best paid, I play for my country.  The club are bringing in quality after quality into the club and for some reason I want to leave.  I understand all the City reasons but to leave the Villa now.....I cant work it out and I hope he doesnt, I think he may regret it on several levels. 

I doubt it. You should stop thinking of Jack as thinking like you do as a fan.

He is an extremely well paid professional footballer first and foremost. He has fulfilled his dream of captaining his boyhood club and now wants to test himself on the world stage. Let’s be honest here it’s unlikely he would achieve that at Villa. 

I don’t believe any of those words last season, just marketing imo. Let us not forget those #united/Red Devil’s tweets a few years ago. 

1 minute ago, Thug said:

I said before, there’s a heavy price for him to pay by making this move.  When all the glitz and glamour of the move dies down, he’ll be sat looking at his handful of medals. 

Everyone keeps talking about medals like they’re the be all and end all of everything. 

In 2-3 seasons he’ll be yesterday’s news.  Among a sea of other forgotten ex pros who helped Man City grab a bunch of trophies.  He’ll be just another name.  Man City fans won’t even remember him in 10 years.

He could have lived forever.  We’d still be singing his name in 50 years time like we will do with McGrath - and he wasn’t even one of our own. 

Medals and trophies are NOT the greatest prize in football.

It’s Immortality.

If he does go, I think the vast majority of villa fans will be done with him. Including me. There will be no forgiveness. We are on the verge of top 6 and top 4. If he leaves now he kills the momentum. And he doesn't deserve forgiveness for that.

After he's done he'll still claim to support us but none of our fans will have any time of day for him. Nor should they. 

• Like 3

Just now, chomer said:

Nicely put.

However for some ambition and achievement can only be measured by the  number of trinkets in a display cabinet. 

They got a trillion down the road remember.

I agree btw,  it still has to be AVFC.  Not worth losing the heart and history.

This BS will soon be over Jack grealish a footballer .He can watch villa on the TV I doubt in near future he will return to watch. Let him enjoy his life and football we will be moving forward without him and tbh I'm glad every season this would happen the uncertainty. When he sits back and realises what he will do once that contract is signed there will be no coming back. If he gets to 32yrs old and won all his trophies he can forget coming back.

It's not him leaving that riles us it's the timing, a club moving forward with a so called villan as captain leaving at the wrong time imo. Next season if we finish 10th again by all means leave he will be approaching 27 then. His agent will have been in his ear, villa are approaching the best times since O'Neil was here and I believe this time we go that step further. NSWE have breathed new life into Villa as I said before You don't choose Aston Villa it chooses you. Onwards and upwards my Villa family let's enjoy this time because its our time forget Jack like he forgot about us.

UTV

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Thug said:

I said before, there’s a heavy price for him to pay by making this move.  When all the glitz and glamour of the move dies down, he’ll be sat looking at his handful of medals. 

Everyone keeps talking about medals like they’re the be all and end all of everything. 

In 2-3 seasons he’ll be yesterday’s news.  Among a sea of other forgotten ex pros who helped Man City grab a bunch of trophies.  He’ll be just another name.  Man City fans won’t even remember him in 10 years.

Or maybe he will be like Kevin de Bruyne and become one of the best midfielders in the world?

Or Sergio Aguero and become a club and Premier League legend?

Â