The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

1 minute ago, Johnnyp said:

Embarrassing really the level of hostility and vitriol directed at Grealish on social media today by a cohort of Villa fans. Grow up with your “ but he said his club, his city etc “ Doesn’t excuse wankerish behaviour at him for leaving.

Whilst I won't be send him a Christmas card or even wondering how he's getting on with all his trophies, abusing him on social media is as classless as you can get.  He's still a human being

• Like 3

Just now, avfc1982am said:

Apparently he's been flying to Manchester all day on a paper aeroplane and should arrive sometime tomorrow.

Hope it unfolds in mid-air, over a thorn bush. 

It's a tough pill to swallow for sure, but I'm getting used to the idea of losing him. For I've thing, we've been overly reliant on him for far too long - we as a club need to step out of his shadow and price we can kick on and thrive without him. I think we're making all the right moves to do that.

I'm looking forward to not having a complete meltdown when one single player in our squad suffers an injury and derails our whole season. I've forgotten what that feels like.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

Embarrassing really the level of hostility and vitriol directed at Grealish on social media today by a cohort of Villa fans. Grow up with your “ but he said his club, his city etc “ Doesn’t excuse wankerish behaviour at him for leaving.

Agreed. I'm disappointed he's gone but i'm not going to boo him or wish him ill. 

• Like 3

I said similar about beundia and naarwich but its worth remembering. This transfer wouldnt happen unless the player, Villa and Man City are all happy with it.

If Villa didn't want to sell then he wouldn't be going anywhere. I have complete faith they know what they are doing. Nobody can force us to take 100M and sell our player. We are choosing to.

Maybe we think we are selling him at the peak of his value? We did with tekkers....

Edited by ciggiesnbeer

Just now, Johnnyp said:

Who said anything about clapping and cheering him ? So your default mode when you can’t clap and cheer one of your own anymore, and he’s down the sideline doing his warm up, is to throw dogs abuse at him ? Can’t just stand there with your arms folded, no ?

Don't tend to go to stand there quietly with my arms folded, no. Would be a rubbish atmosphere. It's all part of the pantomime mate. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Sky reckon release clause was activated so Villa had no other choice. Also reporting jack is not going singing and dancing, still loves the club and has found it extremely hard to leave, being with us since he was 6. If this is the truth, I'll keep my respect for him.

He could always choose to stay, go on to become a legend at ‘his club’ in ‘his city’, build a lasting legacy and earn around £5m a year after tax. But I get why you couldn’t turn down City. 

1 minute ago, Greenfly said:

The argument is based around the fact that City have reached a point where it's more amazing when they lose than it is when they win. Joining them changes nothing - Jack being there arguably won't improve our weaken them in any way. They're already too strong.

There's every chance he'll win the league with them and hardly contribute anything. It seems like the easy route, not the ambitious one.

tenor.gif

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, R.Bear said:

Wow I've learned something here. Every player at Man City just goes there to "pick up medals". How on earth do they reach 100 points and score 125 goals? Who is doing this!? I thought they were a world class well led team who play beautiful football. I guess I was wrong.

Also, you dont seem to know what ambition means. I'll help you, here is the definition.

ambition
noun

a strong desire to do or achieve something.

Now is winning titles, cups and reaching Champions League finals achieving something or is finishing mid-table?

Like I saw someone say on twitter winning a trophy with City is like losing your virginity  with a prostitute. 

• Like 4

Said all along if we spent the money wisely we could become a better team and squad without Jack. An amazing player but we were ridiculously reliant on him and had to move away from that. After signing Bailey and Ings I’m really excited to see who’s next. We’re in a good position. 

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Sky reckon release clause was activated so Villa had no other choice. Also reporting jack is not going singing and dancing, still loves the club and has found it extremely hard to leave, being with us since he was 6. If this is the truth, I'll keep my respect for him.

It depends on what he says after signing for them, how he acts, etc. He gave us such great times, I don't want to hate him.

14 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Boyhood Villa fan? Eh

I checked out the dates on a few of Jack’s pro-Man Utd tweets - all of them related to them being in European action.

I know a LOT of people who cheer on English clubs in Europe. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Greenfly said:

It depends on what he says after signing for them, how he acts, etc. He gave us such great times, I don't want to hate him.

you do realise whatever he says will be carefully put together by a PR team and not his actual words dont you?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

14 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Release clause means the other club can talk to the player. He doesn't have to accept offer. Load of rubbish. Looks like @Fairy In Boots was spot on all along

Jack and his team will put out “love the club pr” but he’s been open to a CL club since Spurs. 

we tried to sell him then under Xia, but his team have tried to sell him since which is with his blessing, this was lined up not long after the ink dried on his contract last year. 

this guy is pretty much on it although it’s £100 not £90m, good thread. 

• Like 1

Just now, bobzy said:

I checked out the dates on a few of Jack’s pro-Man Utd tweets - all of them related to them being in European action.

I know a LOT of people who cheer on English clubs in Europe. 

Indeed. it means nothing. I actually cheered Manu once when they played Barcelona. I am not proud of myself mind.

Â