The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

Just now, foreveryoung said:

Sky reckon release clause was activated so Villa had no other choice. Also reporting jack is not going singing and dancing, still loves the club and has found it extremely hard to leave, being with us since he was 6. If this is the truth, I'll keep my respect for him.

Release clause means the other club can talk to the player. He doesn't have to accept offer. Load of rubbish. Looks like @Fairy In Boots was spot on all along

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Sky reckon release clause was activated so Villa had no other choice. Also reporting jack is not going singing and dancing, still loves the club and has found it extremely hard to leave, being with us since he was 6. If this is the truth, I'll keep my respect for him.

It’s his choice to leave, if/when he leaves. No sympathy from me. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Don't buy that, he can still say no ta I'm LAPD

7 minutes ago, Awol said:

Been at a funeral all afternoon so missed the fun stuff. What’s the story morning glory? Is he still here?? 

Afraid so. Like a stink you can't clear out. Medical in the morning, allegedly.

Edited by Davkaus

4 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Surely we’re not that gullible to swallow the Agency line. He’s pushed for this move. Requested a min fee release clause be added. Sulked about a preseason training camp.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Kiwivillan said:

Release clause means the other club can talk to the player. He doesn't have to accept offer. Load of rubbish. Looks like @Fairy In Boots was spot on all along

Agree it's like the no trade clause in North American sports. Ultimately still down to the player if he wants to actually go or not.

I feel confident that NSWE offered him a better deal and still think he thought Man City was better for his future.

Fair enough, I don't hate the guy but very simple:

Thanks for your efforts here,will be weird to see you in another's teams kit, and we move on.

1 minute ago, El Zen said:

It’s his choice to leave, if/when he leaves. No sympathy from me. 

Exactly. Whether or not there's a release clause is pointless really (and who put it here in the first place?) as the club would never actively try and sell him, so it's always been down to him.

• Like 1

Embarrassing really the level of hostility and vitriol directed at Grealish on social media today by a cohort of Villa fans. Grow up with your “ but he said his club, his city etc “ Doesn’t excuse wankerish behaviour at him for leaving.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Exactly this. Anyone can say they wouldn’t do something when not in that situation.  Like my eating a shit sandwich for 1m pound example. 

I'll give you 1p and Josh Onomah to eat that

3 minutes ago, turvontour said:

This has been my thinking throughout this. It's easy for us as fans to say why would you leave, but ultimately to us Villa is an interest. Its Grealish's job/life.

My only argument to that is athletes also have to consider their legacy as well. It's too easy to just consider the financial aspects of it. Even if it is 100k more a week. He would've had a rare legacy at Villa (with probably a statue waiting for him) that he will never have at Man City so I think that's something worth taking into consideration. It's not like this team is waffling around the relegation zone. If this was 2013 and he was 25 and elite I'd probably be excited for him to head off instead of being stuck in a shithole situation like that was. Anyways.. that's just my two cents.

Just now, Johnnyp said:

Embarrassing really the level of hostility and vitriol directed at Grealish on social media today by a cohort of Villa fans. Grow up with your “ but he said his club, his city etc “ Doesn’t excuse wankerish behaviour at him for leaving.

Feel free to clap and cheer him when he rocks up in November. No one's denying you that. Just don't expect everyone else to join in. We can all feel however we want thanks. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Afraid so. Like a stink you can't clear out. Medical in the morning, allegedly.

Thanks mate. Now off to the Danny Ings thread for some more wtf action. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, nick76 said:

but in the same way you then cant say you would definitely leave in that situation because you've never been in that situation.  People cant say I cant say I would leave but they can say they would leave in the same situation.  Either we both can say or we both cant.

That is a fair point.  But would you eat the shit sandwich?

Â