The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

2 minutes ago, Deano & Dalian's Umbrella said:

Alternatively, they could be rushing them through to soften the blow to us fans but...

The most likely and realistic scenario, I agree. There is still a glimmer of hope until the fat lady sings!

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, GingerCollins29 said:

I am not ITK. I understand i'll get pelters for this but thought i'd share. 

A colleague of mine is friends with someone, who has another friend, who allegedly knows the grealish family well. According to them, his family are distraught that jack is going and have apparently been in contact all day with jack trying to get him to reconsider. That's why the deal hasn't been finalised today.

Personally think its all bollocks but just passing on info.

No wonder their dog was sick out of the Range Rover. 

He doesn't want to be walked in Prestbury or Hale Barns. He prefers the grass verges of Barnt Green! 

50 minutes ago, Reivax_Villa said:

I wonder if our football will be more fluid because we are not giving the ball to Jack most of the time to attack?

If he stays then his England experience will mean he'll be more used to that. If he goes I wonder if Sterling will change tact and pass to him?

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Yeh it’s absolute madness. I love Villa to bits but if I was in his shoes I’d leave. I guess we’re all different. 

I definitely wouldnt.  Somebody said to me that I then dont have ambition previously.  I said I have more ambition because my ambition is driving Villa to success not through a club buying success.  To me achieving things at Villa even if eventually amounts to nothing when I'm 35 will be more of an achievement than bought and easy to achieve medals at City.  I think trying to be the driving force in my boyhood club is more ambitious than turning up and collecting medals.  That's just me...I would stay!

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

11th with a number of points that would get 8th 9/10 seasons. With him missing 1/3 of the games which would have seen us finish top 6. 

Liverpool got 97 points the other year and finished 2nd. That total would have won the league in every single league season except that one and the one before it. So what?

Also, in this hypothetical dream world, Jack playing 38 games would have made us finish in the top 6? I guess no other teams had injuries last season, it was just us!

11 minutes ago, nick76 said:

I definitely wouldnt.  Somebody said to me that I then dont have ambition previously.  I said I have more ambition because my ambition is driving Villa to success not through a club buying success.  To me achieving things at Villa even if eventually amounts to nothing when I'm 35 will be more of an achievement than bought and easy to achieve medals at City.  I think trying to be the driving force in my boyhood club is more ambitious than turning up and collecting medals.  That's just me...I would stay!

If you'd spent 20+ years at the Villa day in day out I imagine you'd feel different. It's like buying a new car - eventually you acclimatise and want more.

I'm not so sure he'll like his football under Pep.

Obvs it sounds like its life changing money for him and generations of his family to come, but, he's always been the center of it all at Villa. Picked out in the youth teams as the main man. Always been allowed to express himself. Now he will have to do exactly as he's told or he won't even make the bench.

Henry has always said, it's Guardiola's way or the highway and it found it very hard to adapt. Only certain types of players/personalities can adapt to Pep's style of management. Is Grealish one of them? If his plan is to be a "Brummie Beckham" how is that going to sit with Pep? Probably worse than Beckham's fame sat with Ferguson.

5 minutes ago, R.Bear said:

How can you say what you would and wouldnt do when you're not a professional footballer? You're speaking as a fan. He's a Villa fan yes but he's first and foremost a professional footballer who should what's best for him, like every other footballer and in fact any other professional in any line of work.

If you could go from 200k/week to 400k, lets see how much you would cling to the utopian dream you had as a kid. It's nonsense.

This has been my thinking throughout this. It's easy for us as fans to say why would you leave, but ultimately to us Villa is an interest. Its Grealish's job/life.

One thing is for sure, when he returns to VP the reception isn't going to be nice. I wonder if his family will come and watch the game.

I know a lot of folks on here will be magnanimous, but the majority of the Holte won't be.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, R.Bear said:

How can you say what you would and wouldnt do when you're not a professional footballer? You're speaking as a fan. He's a Villa fan yes but he's first and foremost a professional footballer who should what's best for him, like every other footballer and in fact any other professional in any line of work.

If you could go from 200k/week to 400k, lets see how much you would cling to the utopian dream you had as a kid. It's nonsense.

I cant but I have had major emotional vs financial choices to make that have dramatically changed my career/life and from those decisions I can base on what my action would be in this case.  I'm not going to go into my personal stuff but just as this is a major decision for him, we all had those kind of decisions and mine have been incredible in terms of the impact financially and emotionally.

4 minutes ago, AV82 said:

If you'd spent 20+ years at the Villa day in day out I imagine you'd feel different. It's like buying a new car - eventually you acclimatise and want more.

It's really not like that at all!

• Like 1

Sky reckon release clause was activated so Villa had no other choice. Also reporting jack is not going singing and dancing, still loves the club and has found it extremely hard to leave, being with us since he was 6. If this is the truth, I'll keep my respect for him.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, chomer said:

Totally agree.  

How can anyone moving to a club where honours are guaranteed be described as "ambitious"?  It's moving to collect medals. 

Ambition is pushing yourself and those around you to their very best, trying to win things despite the odds - not joining the odds on favourites.

Thank you! I was starting to think I was in a different reality with some disagreeing with me.

• Like 1

Â