The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

6 minutes ago, Pembers said:

Not sure if this has already been posted but it seems to have come to light that this guy knows a fair bit about what’s going on at Villa. Looks like the Grealish transfer has been agreed to for a while now.

Well he agreed to Aston Villas terms just months ago as well. If this is true must be another Delph scenario where the player signs a new contract with a release clause just to protect the fee the club receives, with all parties knowing full well the player is likely to leave.

50 minutes ago, Tayls said:

Why wouldn’t he want to be part of what we are doing and be the main man… seems crazy to me. Especially for a fan of the club. 

He wants to play on the biggest stage not wait for ‘jam tomorrow’.

4 minutes ago, Pembers said:

Not sure if this has already been posted but it seems to have come to light that this guy knows a fair bit about what’s going on at Villa. Looks like the Grealish transfer has been agreed to for a while now.

So they spoke to our player and agreed terms with him months ago.

Tapping up........

Currently, under FIFA and FA transfer rules, if a club wants to procure the services of a player registered with another club, they must speak directly with that club and not to the player or his representatives. The player and his representatives will only be brought in for discussions with the potential purchasing club once the two clubs have agreed a fee.

This could be 200m by the NWSE finish with them.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sheepyvillian said:

Don't underestimate the value of the Danny Ings signing. It could turn out to be a masterstroke. Some of you will remember the signing of Peter Withe, who, at the time was considered nothing but a journeyman and will all know how that turned out. 

He went 9 or 10 games without scoring before he got off the mark. Imagine how VT would react to that! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

Tapping up........

Currently, under FIFA and FA transfer rules, if a club wants to procure the services of a player registered with another club, they must speak directly with that club and not to the player or his representatives. The player and his representatives will only be brought in for discussions with the potential purchasing club once the two clubs have agreed a fee.

Hmm that would make it worse, he signed the new contact in Sept, but looks like he was already getting his agent to put the feelers out for a move away, looks like Andy grays son was not far off. 

Don't let the door hit you on the way out Jack, don't expect a hero's welcome when you come back 'home" either, 

I am not ITK. I understand i'll get pelters for this but thought i'd share. 

A colleague of mine is friends with someone, who has another friend, who allegedly knows the grealish family well. According to them, his family are distraught that jack is going and have apparently been in contact all day with jack trying to get him to reconsider. That's why the deal hasn't been finalised today.

Personally think its all bollocks but just passing on info.

• Haha 1

We've all pretty much seen him grow from a youngster, we've followed his career completely, we've seen him grow into the player he is now and I'd say 95% of us were confident he could do it all along. I guess that why it is hurting our fans and perhaps feels a bit more of a low blow than Delph's departure. He isn't leaving for money, we've offered him a fortune to stay, he is leaving because he wants personal glory and clearly he doesn't believe in what we are doing enough to stay and achieve that with us.

Hopefully we prove him wrong.

10 minutes ago, jimmyhota_avfc said:

What if Grealish realizes that his personal upward trajectory outpaces Villa’s by a bit, and him leaving for a massive fee allows him to win trophies in his prime, while also allowing Villa to strengthen the club using the money we get in return? He wins trophies with the dirty oil club for 4 seasons, during that time we continue to strengthen and push toward Europe, and then 30 year old Grealish triumphantly returns to a Villa side now ready to seriously contend in Europe?

Bottom line, we can use this money to improve the club. It hurts in the short-term though for sure.

He could easily stay on the journey with us and still leave if it looks like we won't be winning anything any time soon, a la Kane. If he returns to Villa after winning a bunch of trophies with City, he'll forego his legendary status and will just be another good player in both clubs' histories. 

I'm wondering if his shin problem is more serious than we know, hence the rush to go win trophies ASAP. Because he could truly have a legendary story if he just waits a couple of seasons, and still get paid handsomely while he waits to see if it materializes AND still be good enough to move to any club in the world. I guess I overestimated footballers and their will to fill their trophy cabinet at any cost.

12 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

Tapping up........

Or maybe if we use a little common sense it went like this.

• Man City enquire about Grealish months ago.
  • The club ask if he would even agree to the move
  • He says he would but only if its kept quiet until after the Euros

I don't think its a coincidence that the offer is tabled and made public as soon as he comes back from holiday.

Or maybe that tweet is total bullshit. Regardless, even if it was tapped up, who cares? It goes on, its part of football. I couldnt care less if he was.

Edited by R.Bear

2 minutes ago, jim said:

He wants to play on the biggest stage not wait for ‘jam tomorrow’.

If he does go, I wonder if he'll regret it someday.  It's not guaranteed he'll be a success there especially with the high demands and could easily be on the bench if say Foden and Sterling are really on form.  He would have the advantage of being so expensive that you assume they would play him but they have benched expensive players before and can afford to do so.  If he goes he could win many trophies and play most of the games and become a hero there but equally he could have a tough time and be a bit part player which we know would frustrate the hell out of him.  Pep seems to rotate well but still it could not be all greener that he wants and winning medals as a bit part player, will that sit well with Jack....probably but it mayne harder for him to adjust to that mindset than he thinks.  With all their midfield talent, if he leaves, that will be a mammoth task and we saw his face many times during the Euro's.

I cant imagine being a Villa fan, being the star of the team, the captain, hopefully fighting for top 8/ top 6, everything I dreamed about since I was a child.  The club is being run well, we are on the dramatic rise, great owners, the manager loves me, I'm the best paid, I play for my country.  The club are bringing in quality after quality into the club and for some reason I want to leave.  I understand all the City reasons but to leave the Villa now.....I cant work it out and I hope he doesnt, I think he may regret it on several levels. 

• Like 3

Just now, samjp26 said:

We've all pretty much seen him grow from a youngster, we've followed his career completely, we've seen him grow into the player he is now and I'd say 95% of us were confident he could do it all along. I guess that why it is hurting our fans and perhaps feels a bit more of a low blow than Delph's departure. He isn't leaving for money, we've offered him a fortune to stay, he is leaving because he wants personal glory and clearly he doesn't believe in what we are doing enough to stay and achieve that with us.

Hopefully we prove him wrong.

At one stage last week, I think I remember you saying he had agreed to stay at Villa.  Sorry if I have misremembered.  When do you think it changed?

6 minutes ago, GingerCollins29 said:

A colleague of mine is friends with someone, who has another friend, who allegedly knows the grealish family well. According to them, his family are distraught that jack is going and have apparently been in contact all day with jack trying to get him to reconsider. That's why the deal hasn't been finalised today.

They’re a social bunch aren’t they, the Grealishes 😂

Edited by a m ole
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, GingerCollins29 said:

They are a Villa family from generations back, I'd hope the info is correct Ginge as its the most powerful tool we have to persuade him to stay.

2 minutes ago, GingerCollins29 said:

Yeah it maybe BS but if my family member was doing this I would be all over them.  It's hard for us fans but imagine being a die hard Villa fan and your son, brother or whoever was doing this...you support your family member whatever but my brother would be getting a big old beating about now!😂😂😂

2 minutes ago, nick76 said:

If he does go, I wonder if he'll regret it someday.  It's not guaranteed he'll be a success there especially with the high demands and could easily be on the bench if say Foden and Sterling are really on form.  He would have the advantage of being so expensive that you assume they would play him but they have benched expensive players before and can afford to do so.  If he goes he could win many trophies and play most of the games and become a hero there but equally he could have a tough time and be a bit part player which we know would frustrate the hell out of him.  Pep seems to rotate well but still it could not be all greener that he wants and winning medals as a bit part player, will that sit well with Jack....probably but it mayne harder for him to adjust to that mindset than he thinks.  With all their midfield talent, if he leaves, that will be a mammoth task and we saw his face many times during the Euro's.

I cant imagine being a Villa fan, being the star of the team, the captain, hopefully fighting for top 8/ top 6, everything I dreamed about since I was a child.  The club is being run well, we are on the dramatic rise, great owners, the manager loves me, I'm the best paid, I play for my country.  The club are bringing in quality after quality into the club and for some reason I want to leave.  I understand all the City reasons but to leave the Villa now.....I cant work it out and I hope he doesnt, I think he may regret it on several levels. 

I think he would regret it more if he stays as would always be wondering what if.  Short career and he now has the chance to pretty much win everything in the next 4-5 years.

5 minutes ago, GingerCollins29 said:

Well considering he is having a Man City medical tomorrow they betty hurry the f*** up.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I think he would regret it more if he stays as would always be wondering what if.  Short career and he now has the chance to pretty much win everything in the next 4-5 years.

No chance, definitely if he left he will regret it even more.  You listen to the likes of Shearer, Le Tiss and Totti to understand what that hometown club means.  Obviously Shearer went home over Man U but there is something special about it as a footballer and yes he would miss having trophies but any success the Villa might have he will reject missing, he will miss not becoming a legend, to be the star player, being captain at his boyhood club and all that.  Sometimes it's the intangible parts that get you rather than the tangible parts.

Edited by nick76
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, ben1505 said:

Ings, Bailey, Watkins, Buendia, Grealish

surely all 5 of of them couldn’t start at the same time?

The small, sane part of my brain is telling me that the Ings signing is the final evidence that Grealish is gone.

The large, insane part of my brain keeps thinking about this tweet from a few days ago and hoping it's true.

Please Nadia, don't be another CJ Bellend.

Edited by Deano & Dalian's Umbrella
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Yeah it maybe BS but if my family member was doing this I would be all over them.  It's hard for us fans but imagine being a die hard Villa fan and your son, brother or whoever was doing this...you support your family member whatever but my brother would be getting a big old beating about now!😂😂😂

Then Jack says “so you don’t want to join the family party in the Maldives for Christmas then”…

Â