The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

8 minutes ago, TRO said:

its true, its our own fault.

or believing one who says " my club, my city" 

Never believe anything a footballer says. Ever.

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Joey2Arms said:

As much as I agree that it would increase a bit…I get the impression that his agent may have hid just how big his brand is/will be from staying with Villa. 

His agent also has Bale on there books, don't forget what they made him. I bet they reminded Jack before signing that contract too.

I still reckon there's gonna be a spike in Brum based births in ~40 weeks time.

This ain't over ... as I watch a morbidly obese woman clear her throat and position a glass of water on stage.

COME ON JACK DO THE RIGHT THING!

Edited by ccfcman
  • Like 1

When all is said and done, this summer will basically boil down to:

Grealish out

Buendia, Bailey, Ings and mystery quality midfielder in

We're losing one world class player and replacing him with 4 quality players, a couple of whom have bags of potential. Overall I don't think that's bad at all.

• Like 1

Don't underestimate the value of the Danny Ings signing. It could turn out to be a masterstroke. Some of you will remember the signing of Peter Withe, who, at the time was considered nothing but a journeyman and will all know how that turned out. 

• Like 2

Does anyone else think Ings is more likely to make Grealish stay?

We have only spent about 80-90 million this window, which is what we spent last summer plus the sanson signing. So about 100 mil last season. But we also got about an extra 15-20 mil in prize money so does anyone else think we will spend an extra 30 mil before touching any money we might get from Grealish. 

1 minute ago, MotoMkali said:

We have only spent about 80-90 million this window, which is what we spent last summer plus the sanson signing. So about 100 mil last season. But we also got about an extra 15-20 mil in prize money so does anyone else think we will spend an extra 30 mil before touching any money we might get from Grealish. 

It’s certainly going to make him stop and think at the minimum, if you’re seeing players like Bailey and zings arrive as you’re going towards the exit door of your boyhood club, there is no way you wouldn’t do a double take, even if only for a second. 

Granted City already have a star studded team but you’d want to be part of something special that Villa are clearly building towards.

2 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

Lol mate let it go.  It's the hope that kills you.  Unfortunately, he's gone.  Fortunately, we have (for the first time in my villa supporting life) owners who seem to both know how to run a football club AND have ambition.  All things considered,  I think we'll be fine, even if our progress is set back a year or two.  I'm assuming Ings signing may mean Watkins will occasionally be moved out to the left, to fill the Jack-shaped hole

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tommo_b said:

It’s certainly going to make him stop and think at the minimum, if you’re seeing players like Bailey and zings arrive as you’re going towards the exit door of your boyhood club, there is no way you wouldn’t do a double take, even if only for a second. 

Granted City already have a star studded team but you’d want to be part of something special that Villa are clearly building towards.

Think we are strong competitors for top 6 without Grealish ATM. Before signing a DM which we all know we need.

With Grealish I'd give us a good shot at top 4. All it takes is an injury to VVD again or Fernandes and Plop and Manure are easily catchable. 

• Haha 1

Â