The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

5 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Morale of the story. **** football players. 

No the moral of the story is not be so invested in a football team to the point where something like a player leaving actually upsets you.

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, imavillan said:

SSN reporting he’s having his medical tomorrow 

Strange... it was meant to be completed TODAY according to the media this morning

Just goes to show, the vast majority talk out of their rusty rings. 

6 minutes ago, WHY said:

I’m nearly 50 but football is miles better now. Yes Sky dictates a lot but you have to move with the times. The players are better, the coaches are better, the stadiums are better, grassroots is better, the pitches are better. I can’t comment on Murdoch as a person as I don’t know enough about him but let’s not kid ourselves that football died in 1992. 

but the competition isnt...

it really is now who has the most money, which is how its always been i suppose, but now its who can raise the highest revenue from their official pillow and quilt partner knowing full well that 75% of the clubs can not possibly compete with that because they dont have one

its a rigged game, its peaked and is on its way down (from an admittedly astronomical height)

• Like 1

tbh i just want him gone now, my main worry is we have...9 days effectively by the time this is over the line?, before the start of the season, i really hope we can get 1-2 players at least in before the season starts.

I really hope this doesnt knock us for the start of the season.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Fairy In Boots said:

Gregg evans did last year plus talk sport have said it this afternoon 

No got there’s this afternoon 

But you said this morning he was in Manchester? Was your itk wrong about that as well?

I see who set up this thread in 2012 and feel quite sad that it’s come to this end.  Kevan probably still pops in and reads the comments as well.  Could have been so different but nobody is bigger than the club and money talks. 

2 minutes ago, Xela said:

Strange... it was meant to be completed TODAY according to the media this morning

Just goes to show, the vast majority talk out of their rusty rings. 

I think sky are doing a Grealish Kane tag team, 3 days ago was all Kane, 2 days Jack, yesterday Kane, today Jack. Dodgy leak to the fail or whoever. Wouldn't surprise.

Resident mad man checking in. He's still a Villa player.

Not a whisper anywhere about what flight he's on. Did I spend a while looking through Manchester and alternative airports? Is there a Gulfstream just after leaving Manchester? Lots of questions. Very few facts.

I'll go take my tablets and put on the nice white gown.

Hi guys as you can see don’t post on here but I’m frequent visitor best villa forum. Just thought I would share something with you and give my thoughts. Let’s just say seen nyland not to long ago and spoke about grealish and he said don’t worry if he goes buendia is just as good. Really nice bloke 

next onto what grealish has done I find unforgivable I use to play football when young and played down villa park with the coaches  weekly I use to go home dreaming of making it and winning a trophy for my club I’m sure loads have people have done that on here but I could not leave my club let alone play against them it would hurt to much. Don’t get me wrong I understand if we was in the championship still or relegation battle but it proves he don’t care because as soon has a chance has come he has gone don’t forget for past 3 years he has wanted to go we all on here would fight for that chance to wear that shirt  and 1 trophy would mean more to me knowing I helped my club win it I know it’s a long post but thought I would give my opinion. We move on i for 1 would not even acknowledge him if I come across him .holt Enders in the sky 

• Like 2

Just now, Aston_Villan4 said:

People keep saying we are going to be a stronger team in the long run. That's fine for the future and all but, we haven't solved our midfield, Luiz will be out for awhile recovering from the olympics, we have Buendia who will help but we don't know how Bailey will take to the PL and now we are losing our best player. The beginning of this year looks like it's going to a rough one.

yeah it might be, but if we reinvest that 100m wisely, in to a top class DM, a top class LW (or CAM), and maybe another top class CM, we will be looking really good.

But as u say, and i alluded to, if we struggle to get players in quickly, this might wreck the start of the season and by default hurt us for the season, which then may hurt our progression in the short term, hopefully we have plans in place and can move quickly.

i do think 100m in the bank for plastic Jack will help us in the medium to long term, if we reinvest wisely.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

Because your one of our own mate, hold on a minute................

I'd happily play for Villa on my actual wage that I earn right now than play for the $hitholes for £300k per week.

• Thanks 1

Well, what is there left to say.

Gutted, like everyone else.

Thanks for all the memories Jack, a wayward moral compass (for a time) plus injuries have robbed us of seeing more.

Aston Villa losing their best player isn’t anything new, I learnt that as a kid in the 90’s, firstly with Platt when I was too young to really understand it and then with Yorke, when I was too old not to.

Club record fee for Britain speaks volumes about our progression, as well as giving us a nice chunk of cash to spend.

Like many others (including those voicing raw emotion right now I’d wager) I will continue to follow your career and I hope you achieve what you want to achieve, provided of course it doesn’t come to a point where that’s in direct competition with us. 

Perhaps in about 7-8 years we’ll see you in the shirt again.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, R.Bear said:

I understand. When Dwight Yorke left, I was devastated. But I was 13 years old then.

Same, that was the last time I got myself upset about footballers furthering their careers. Similar to you, I was about 10.

And if we're brutally honest with ourselves, it was the right decision for Yorke in terms of his career at that time, and it'll almost certainly prove to be the right decision for Grealish in terms of his career too. Que sera sera.

12 minutes ago, R.Bear said:

No the moral of the story is not be so invested in a football team to the point where something like a player leaving actually upsets you.

Nah. Completely disagree. People not only invest emotionally in sports and entertainment, they also invest heavily in financial ways. They do it for a reason. People have every right to be upset about it, especially this particular situation considering his relationship to the club. Once you start heading into the territory of death threats that's when it becomes unhealthy.

Â