The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

8 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Anyone who believes a footballer pays 50% tax, don't know too much about rich living.

Surely his salary at the club would be PAYE? Other stuff - endorsements etc, I imagine they can be more creative with?

There have been a few footballers wage slips leaked online and they pay a lot of tax. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, ben1505 said:

Hi team.. reporting in from NZ.. any more devoplments today? Did he train with the squad? Is it definitely over?

Apparently he was in/about training this afternoon, sitting around waiting to get on a plane to manchester this evening

Apparently the plane had been sitting around for 2 days for Grealish to get on it, so make of that what you can!

2 minutes ago, quazzie goat said:

Imagine the sponsorship deals he’ll get from the likes of Nike by joining City. I support Villa but if I was in his position I’d do it in a heart beat and earn tens of millions each year. 

Don't underestimate how influential Nike have been, or any other company looking to get a piece of the action. His Nike deal is up this year (end of season perhaps?).

I'm surprised there wasn't more of a push from Adidias on our side. Nassef Sawiris owns ~8% of Adidas. I presume we drop Kappa at some point for Adidas?

Just now, foreveryoung said:

If he was offered 400k a week to stop at Villa, believe me he would have given us another season at least.

I think his commercial earning potential is far greater at City just because of the exposure he'll get there.

3 minutes ago, Xela said:

Surely his salary at the club would be PAYE? Other stuff - endorsements etc, I imagine they can be more creative with?

There have been a few footballers wage slips leaked online and they pay a lot of tax. 

It will all be PAYE. Image rights are not what they used to be. They pay a significant amount of tax.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TheAuthority said:

Well, football died back in 1992, or at least that was when Rupert Murdoch administered the lethal dose. Has any one man done more to destroy Western Civilization for the common man? From union busting, the general dumbing down of the populace, to climate science denial.

When I was a kid I wanted to Sky so I could watch football. My dad (RIP) refused and said he'd never give Murdoch a pound of his money. He was right.

I’m nearly 50 but football is miles better now. Yes Sky dictates a lot but you have to move with the times. The players are better, the coaches are better, the stadiums are better, grassroots is better, the pitches are better. I can’t comment on Murdoch as a person as I don’t know enough about him but let’s not kid ourselves that football died in 1992. 

• Like 1

If you think Jack's £300k+ is insane then what the hell are they going to pay Harry Kane!?!

Ad why the hell aren't they having the book thrown at them for blatant FFP rule breaks!?

You don't go from being a club with sod all to being able to splash this amount of cash AND stay within FFP in such a short period of time. You simply don't.

Mab United have built that global pull over decades, this lot I bet have sod all global appeal in terms of revenue.

Corrupt as f**k

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

If he was offered 400k a week to stop at Villa, believe me he would have given us another season at least. It's not about Trophies.

I don’t believe you.

More money, CL football, world class teammates, more exposure, more endorsements, huge fame.

But yeah he should sacrifice all that to have some fans chant his name at Villa Park in 10-15 years.

He’d be a total idiot to stay.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, WHY said:

I’m nearly 50 but football is miles better now. Yes Sky dictates a lot but you have to move with the times. The players are better, the coaches are better, the stadiums are better, grassroots is better, the pitches are better. I can’t comment on Murdoch as a person as I don’t know enough about him but let’s not kid ourselves that football died in 1992. 

Spirit of the game is hardly the same as back then though. There’s a lot of people on here who will remember the Villa from long before 1992, so the money spinning circus it is now will seem like madness.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, R.Bear said:

I don’t believe you.

More money, CL football, world class teammates, more exposure, more endorsements, huge fame.

But yeah he should sacrifice all that to have some fans chant his name at Villa Park in 10-15 years.

He’d be a total idiot to stay.

This is true but I still hate him. 

1 minute ago, WHY said:

You haven't seen the finished article yet. No fans, empty stadiums, billions of people paying £20 to watch a game at home and only 12 teams to choose from. They do not want us to have a team of choice, they want us to support their vision of football. crap with a capital c

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, TheAuthority said:

I think his commercial earning potential is far greater at City just because of the exposure he'll get there.

As much as I agree that it would increase a bit…I get the impression that his agent may have hid just how big his brand is/will be from staying with Villa. 

3 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Morale of the story. **** football players. 

my mate used to say coming out of the Aston Social during the banter on the way to the ground " Love football, hate footballers".....I thought it was quite profound, but understand it.

Â