The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

1 minute ago, foreveryoung said:

That would have been part of the reason, I don't care what people say. He's living the dream, wants to be the rockstar, just see how he lives, the party lifestyle. He wants all the flash, defo wants to be one of the big ballers.

You only get one life, may as well live it .

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, GingerCollins29 said:

Why has it not been done yet? Been out all day whats the hold up?

Imagine if the holdup is FIFA/UEFA/FA approval of the transfer under FFP reasons (given there is ongoing litigation). 

how would we all react to Jack then? Worst case scenario IMO.

I read this a week or so ago..

https://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/coronation-street-bosses-want-jack-24614614?c=4806893567924819857&mkt=en-gb

He's going to turn up on it in a City shirt at some point isn't he :crylaugh:

Coronation Street bosses reportedly want England football player Jack Grealish to make a cameo appearance on the soap.

The England and Aston Villa football star, 25, has risen to new levels of popularity following his performance during the UEFA Euros 2020 tournament.

Now it seems that Jack could grace our screens again but in another format entirely, with bosses for ITV soap Coronation Street keen for him to appear on the show.

A source from the soap told the Daily Star: "We have heard that Jack is a huge fan of the programme.

"He apparently likes to keep up to date with the plots and what’s happening to the characters."

3 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Man City are just a horrible horrible club aren't they.  I've said countless times, De-Bruyne, Marez, Foden, Bernado, Sterling, Gundogan, Torres, Rodri. THEY DON'T EVEN NEED HIM!!!

This just in from Pep.

spacer.png

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

I wouldn't. 

I think he'll go. But I was told today that as of last night it was still 50/50 and he still had to speak to the owners which would indicate that as of last night nothing was finalised. I was also told that meeting wasn't yet which was the most interesting thing, because if true this saga has a couple of days more to run and the media are jumping the gun. 

How much has changed or escalated today I'm not sure but funny how it isn't playing out quite like the media are reporting and he keeps landing in Manchester, without actually landing?  

Whether anything has been agreed or not this club is all he has ever known. That's a monumental thing to walk away from.

Maybe Wes Edens told him to go then. We know he has little time for those who don't buy fully into his projects.

• Like 1

Just now, Keyblade said:

Wish someone would report if it is a release clause or not. 100m seems really low if it isn't. 

Gregg evans did last year plus talk sport have said it this afternoon 

2 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

Wasn't he in Manchester this morning also?

No got there’s this afternoon 

15 minutes ago, JoshVilla said:

I'm quite relieved now, if I'm honest. Even if this hadn't happened this preseason, it was only going to be another year of the press talking him away and then him inevitably leaving next year. Don't get me wrong, the timing stinks and maybe with him staying and us getting a better finish next season then we'd be able to attract even better players and, who knows, maybe he'd buy into the vision after all.

What this does, though, is finally gives us an opportunity to shake off the "one man team" shackles and maybe build a squad that doesn't look devoid of creativity if we lose one player to injury. The signings of Buendia and Bailey are certainly a good start. We may well get fleeced by every club that we try to negotiate with now that we've just pocketed £100m, but if we play it smart we could we be stronger without him.

And, let's be honest, Jack's shins could give out in the first game of season and then could have been cursing not taking £100m when we had the chance.

Silver linings and all that. It's still the same Villa that we all love. We could have the next Grealish in our academy right now, and in a few years, maybe we'll be competing for Europe more regularly so that they'll want to stay and be part of the full story here.

UTV

Precisely

3 minutes ago, Djemba_Villan said:

Imagine if the holdup is FIFA/UEFA/FA approval of the transfer under FFP reasons (given there is ongoing litigation). 

how would we all react to Jack then? Worst case scenario IMO.

We'll have a world class player still in our ranks but I'll side-eye him forever like

http://www.thecoli.com/attachments/da-hell-coffee-gif.6686/?d=1436571205

Edited by Keyblade

7 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Man City are just a horrible horrible club aren't they.  I've said countless times, De-Bruyne, Marez, Foden, Bernado, Sterling, Gundogan, Torres, Rodri. THEY DON'T EVEN NEED HIM!!!

Maybe they do?

For me even though they walked the league last season after a poor start I didn’t think they were the same attacking force without David Silva.

Grealish is going to be his replacement and will play where Silva played for them.

That is, if he signs for them?

Â