The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

7 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Because we are not going to catch up with a team that has spent a billion in 5 years over night.  They are the best and richest team in the world. It doesn’t mean our owners lack ambition if we can’t currently compete with them.

So our ambition is long term. We will get there in 5 years or so. Jack couldn’t wait for that. 

I think perhaps Jack’s small  bit-part in the England squad has changed his mind. Being subbed after just coming on against Denmark.  And then sitting on the bench most of the time etc. 

He has realized that a football career is very short and can’t hang around. Wants to find out what he can achieve. Ballon dor perhaps. 
and as you say we can’t compete with the big boys on that front. Not for a long time anyway.

Edited by Danishlad
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

You think we catch up to them by selling them our best players? 

Not quite the same thing but it's what made Leicester so successful. Selling top players and re-investing the money wisely.

What I would have done if I was Grealish was something similar to Sancho. Last year Man Utd was in for him but would have had to pay a premium in excess of 100m. He gives dortmund another year in exchange for a lower transfer price 12 months later. 

1 minute ago, villarule123 said:

Him failing the medical would be an absolute disaster. He wants to go, so I hope it goes smoothly now.

Don't care, I want him playing for our club for footballing reasons. He'd still be a snake. Just our snake uwu

1 minute ago, ccfcman said:

Did he not experience enough heartbreak during the Euros?

Called up to England was the worst thing that happened to him. Or us I should say.

I can't even imagine what the likes of the Chelsea players etc has been telling him about CL, winning trophies etc

Not sure why he's been so desperate to leave this summer compared to last. We are signing top players, were not in a relegation scrap last season but he still want out.

Think he's been heavily influenced by certain players in that England camp.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The Fun Factory said:

Well it beats shopping

If shopping were like football, you’d go out buying stuff, and when you got back to your house someone would be waiting on your doorstep, take all your shopping off you and give you very slightly more money than you spent, then tell you to make dinner.

15 minutes ago, TRO said:

Your second line is apt....I agree...but we will have to see....but I am convinced that there is more chance with a better team than one shining light.

If he decides to stay, which for me now is fanciful, (because I think he has wanted this for some time) we will resport back to playing everything through Jack....He is our icon and its hard to see beyond him. We have convinced oursleves that everything has to go through him, in contrast England have not, for obvious reasons.

Not saying Jack, hasn't been great for us, but to me at times its clear we are too reliant on him and subsequently teams find it easy to stop one player, when that happens our idea's dry up, because thats the way we set up.

Its easy to be seduced by Jacks undoubted skill at the expense of a more complete team.....I think it has become increasingly noticable of late that opponents, see fit to deny him, in an effort to stop us.

It is inevitable that losing your most talented player will seem like a retrograde step, but if we sign 3/4 players to suffice....I think it could be a blessing in disguise.

I also have a sneaky suspicion that Dean and the rest of the team are not as bothered as we are.

£100 mill is serious opportunity.

Spot on, TRO. 👏👏

We will no longer be a team where if you stop Grealish you stop Villa. Opponents will now have our front four to worry about instead. It must do the other players' heads in when Jack gets the plaudits all the time. 

4 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Shall we all just support a top 6 club then? 

Supporting your local team used to mean something once. 

So did the word ‘league’

1 minute ago, villalad21 said:

Think he's been heavily influenced by certain players in that England camp.

Someone mentioned the possibility of Kane discussing his regrets with him, and it's absolute conjecture, but it's certainly got the ring of truth, hasn't it, and there are quite a few similarities between their career paths

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TRO said:

He has been sure for some time imo, that he wants to play with better players,wouldn't surprise me if the other players of ours are not broken hearted....it wouldn't surprise me to see an uplift, in our lot, not trying to be bitter, but some might be fed up with it.

The difficulty has been letting us down lightly.....He wants to bow out a hero, I'm not sure that will be universally so.

I don't think his immediate family wanted him to go.....its all down to him.

but I do feel the team with be better eventually, may not be immediately, players have to bed in.

Well the owners apparently 'sold' him on the project when he signed a new deal last summer.

I was basically clinging my hope on that.

Pretty much sums up how contracts in football doesn't mean anything though. All it means is the players will cost more. It doesn't mean the player is bound to the club.

Priority this season must be ofc League position but the league cup, I want us getting our hands on first bit of silverware available this season and if he gets a loser medal in final perfect scenario 

Â