The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

One of the most hilarious parts of this, is that Arsenal fans are allegedly devastated.

They genuinely thought he was an option for them? 🤣

If only this had gone through a couple of weeks earlier we could have whacked another couple of million on the bid for ESR

5 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

It's going to be really hard to break that top 6 glass ceiling if we keep getting picked off like this. It's always going to be 2 steps forward, 1 step back. So frustrating. 

well as long as its 2 steps forward, and 1 step back....we will eventually get there?

8 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

It's going to be really hard to break that top 6 glass ceiling if we keep getting picked off like this. It's always going to be 2 steps forward, 1 step back. So frustrating. 

It is when we stop taking the steps forward, as we did when Barry, Young, Milner left, that we have to start worrying.

I think at the moment this is more akin to when Yorke left. The preceding season I think we finished 8th or 9th after a really good run at end of the season. He then wanted out and we replaced him with Merson and Dublin and kicked on.

Any club can lose their best player/exceptional talent. It even happened to United a couple of times with Beckham and Ronaldo. It doesn't mean the club has to take a step back though and I think the way the club is set up now means we will still be able to kick on and reach the heights our owners and the club as a whole are straining every sinew to reach. 

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 4

Well if it happens and I will not believe it until Jack is holding a Citeh shirt or has said that he does want to leave, then we move on. I have been desolate in the past when Rioch, Gray and Gidman left, but the club moved on in time, and it can do so again. That said, we know how much of a blow this would be to the team, to our club and to us fans. I had hoped that Jack would give us another year, with the investments that we have made on the playing side, to date. He is one of our own, unlike the likes of Snake, Yorke and Benteke, but if one club could tempt him away, it is potentially this lot. He will have to weigh winning medals from day one, with captaining his football club in the top half of the same league. His pay will also swell, as will his international prospects and he will get to play in Europe this season. That said, I would stay where I am myself, as I'm sure the vast majority of us would and I would really hope that Jack might too, it would show amazing loyalty and earn him such respect amongst fans around the country. Go on Jack, do the right thing, you know you want to!   

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

What he should have said was "yeah I've signed a new contract but if I have an amazing season, and a great Euros, and become the pin up boy for the England team, and the best club in Europe and best manager in europe want to sign me for a British record transfer then i might move next summer to be honest"

It's fair. He didn't have to come out with this guff two weeks ago though.

"Everyone knows what claret and blue means to me, I've been a Villa boy all my life, and I love playing for this club."

Just now, Davkaus said:

It's fair. He didn't have to come out with this guff two weeks ago though.

"Everyone knows what claret and blue means to me, I've been a Villa boy all my life, and I love playing for this club."

How is it guff?  People need to get a grip here.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

What he should have said was "yeah I've signed a new contract but if I have an amazing season, and a great Euros, and become the pin up boy for the England team, and the best club in Europe and best manager in europe want to sign me for a British record transfer then i might move next summer to be honest"

Or, " Yeah, I have just signed a new 5 year contract, but if I have a good season and a cameo at the Euros, and and become the pin up boy for the England team that guarantees my girlfriend gets death threats from 13 yo girls, and the most corrupt football club in Europe which has spent nearly a billion pounds in transfers yet hasn't won the Champion's League and the biggest lie of a manager who ends up at clubs that are well established and heaven forbid working at a club that has to have a project and build something, and want to sign me for a British record transfer, then screw Villa, I might move next summer to be honest."

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, AVFCforever1991 said:

I was convinced he was a different breed

This image needs to posted everywhere:

IMG_20210731_112637.jpg

There's surely some hindsight revisionism about Totti's chest-thumping. Roma were in the mix near the top of the Serie A table for the majority of his seasons with them (along with the one title they did win, Roma were runners-up nine times, I think, came 3rd once, 4th once and 5th three times during his time there).  He also won two Coppa Italias with them, and was a World Cup winner with Italy (which obviously stokes the fire of his legend status a fair bit).  Would Totti have stayed loyal if Roma had been bobbing around in mid-table ignominy or worse season after season, making it harder for him to establish himself in the national side?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, bobzy said:

How is it guff?  People need to get a grip here.

Really? It means so much to him and he loves it here, but a couple of weeks later he's out the door. I'd suggest he doesn't love it quite as much as he tried to have us believe.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I am sad to see Grealish go, but we have signed Buendia and Bailey.

I know it's frustrating to lose Grealish, but our biggest weakness as a team was being a one player team.

The one benefit that could come from Grealish being sold is this great club figuring out how to be an actual team. We go to shit every season when Grealish gets injured, if we spend pre-season solving that issue then we're better off.

Watkins, Traore, Buendia and Bailey is insane. If we get those players to gel and work well together then we will not miss Grealish. 

Edited by Daweii
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

So did SkySports see him at training camp or did Kaveh actually confuse him for Cash?

2 separate sky reporters have claimed to see him

someone on here claimed to have a photo but wouldn't share

the soap opera continues

Â