The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

I was 19, pissed many times but fortunately for me I'm not famous and Facebook, Twitter etc weren't around so they are just memories now.

For Jack however today he's got to be a bit more sensible and ffs lose these tossers you call mates who take every opportunity to photograph you at your worst.

By all means get wasted if you want but you are whether or not you like it you are a professional footballer who's behavior will reflect on the club, you can do better mate.

I'm not sure it was a mate who took the pictures, think it was some girl stopping in an apartment over the road from his.

Either way we've all done it. I know I've done far worse on nights out. Give the lad a break.

I was 19, pissed many times but fortunately for me I'm not famous and Facebook, Twitter etc weren't around so they are just memories now.

For Jack however today he's got to be a bit more sensible and ffs lose these tossers you call mates who take every opportunity to photograph you at your worst.

By all means get wasted if you want but you are whether or not you like it you are a professional footballer who's behavior will reflect on the club, you can do better mate.

I'm not sure it was a mate who took the pictures, think it was some girl stopping in an apartment over the road from his.

Either way we've all done it. I know I've done far worse on nights out. Give the lad a break.

It may be okay to say we have all done it.. but we were likely not in the public eye the way footballers are. This brings unwanted attention to the club in the press. Its not a good look for him or the club. He can get in trouble for this behaviour.. especially if his manager is not happy with it. Unfortunately.. even though he is a kid.. he has responsibilities now. This is why they get paid so much.. time to be a professional.

Dont get me wrong.. most players do stupid shit like this all the time but the majority do it on the quiet or with trustworthy people. He needs to be more careful.

Edited by KSV
  • Like 1

he gets paid so much to kick a ball when it matters. It doesnt matter now. Its pathetic the media world is like this. Somebody got a bit too drunk on their month off from football. wooptyfkin dooo

How is enjoying yourself getting ott drunk when youre not working "unprofessional" exactly?

Edited by gharperr
  • Like 1

he gets paid so much to kick a ball when it matters. It doesnt matter now. Its pathetic the media world is like this. Somebody got a bit too drunk on their month off from football. wooptyfkin dooo

How is enjoying yourself getting ott drunk when youre not working "unprofessional" exactly?

Would your employers take kindly to seeing a photo of you in the papers like that, even if it was done in the evening while you weren't working?

I can see why people could get annoyed. Whether he likes it or not, he represents the club now. People get drunk, but there's a difference between getting drunk and getting so drunk that you're (presumably) passes out in the street.

Would your employers take kindly to seeing a photo of you in the papers like that, even if it was done in the evening while you weren't working?

I can see why people could get annoyed. Whether he likes it or not, he represents the club now. People get drunk, but there's a difference between getting drunk and getting so drunk that you're (presumably) passes out in the street.

dont know. i dont have a boss. But if i did, and they did get annoyed, they need to sort themselves out if im not not harming their brand. What i do in my spare time has nothing to do with my boss.

This is more a problem with the media (and what they think is newsworthy), than an actual problem of what grealish is doing...

Edited by gharperr

Yeah I read that after writing, still he really should have been more aware of what he was doing.

Then again at his age he probably feels bullet proof, stuff like this along with the hangover might make him think twice lol

he's a professional athlete, he should be looking after his body and while in isolation it's not that big of a deal it is slightly concerning, drink as well as the pack of cigarettes next to his face. if you really want to play at the very top these days you have to cut that sort of thing out.

he's a professional athlete, he should be looking after his body and while in isolation it's not that big of a deal it is slightly concerning, drink as well as the pack of cigarettes next to his face. if you really want to play at the very top these days you have to cut that sort of thing out.

Jack's brother tweeted her basically shaming her for supposedly putting the pack of cigarettes next to him before taking the photo

Why does he have to get involved in this kind of stuff? Can't he just do his business on the pitch? Such a wonderful talent, would be a shame if he flittered it away

He doesn't have to. But he's a 19 year old kid on holiday with his mates and several thousand pounds in his bank account. It was inevitable really. 

Is it ill advised? Yes. Does he look a bit of a prat? Yes. Does it REALLY matter? No. 

By some of reactions to this total non-story you'd think the kid was the next George Best of Gazza. Give the kid a break. 

I'm very pleasantly surprised that the overwhelming majority of comments both on here and from commenters to the various facebook articles are in support of the player. "Teenager in 'being a teenager' shocker". "Leave him alone to enjoy his holiday". "19 year old gets drunk in Spain, let him be".  To everyone else I say get some joy in yer life :)

• Like 3

Â