The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

He's played for Irelands all the way through the youth game hasn't he?

I know my cousin played with him in some of the Ireland u18 games (I think, maybe it was u16s)

Nope, he's English, he just chooses to play for Ireland as he's Irish descent.

Nope, he's Irish because, although born outside of Ireland, he was raised Irish.  It's no different to ex-pat British people raising their children as British even though they might have been born in Spain, America or whatever.  It's like KEA choosing to play for Morocco.

Respect Grealish's feelings, family and upbringing: no doubt they are proud Brummies and Villla fans BUT there is also a very strong Irish identity there too that they are equally as proud of.  Nationality and identity is a very personal thing.

He's played for Irelands all the way through the youth game hasn't he?

I know my cousin played with him in some of the Ireland u18 games (I think, maybe it was u16s)

Was u16s, I remember you saying it

Love this kid, really hope he makes it as he is the type of player I wish I was!

Haha don't we all!

Nope, he's Irish because, although born outside of Ireland, he was raised Irish.  It's no different to ex-pat British people raising their children as British even though they might have been born in Spain, America or whatever.  It's like KEA choosing to play for Morocco.

Respect Grealish's feelings, family and upbringing: no doubt they are proud Brummies and Villla fans BUT there is also a very strong Irish identity there too that they are equally as proud of.  Nationality and identity is a very personal thing.

So if Prince William raises his son as Chinese, is he Chinese?

And KEA probably chose to play for Morocoo because he knew he wouldn't be good enough for Holland.

And KEA probably chose to play for Morocoo because he knew he wouldn't be good enough for Holland.

If, for work purposes for example you relocated to Japan and whilst you were there you had a son what nationality would you raise him? Can't be that different with the Grealishes - they've just stayed for a generation or two.

Just admit it. you fackin ate poikeys!!

Chris Froome must be Kenyan as well then?

Chris Froome must be Kenyan as well then?

Yeah.

Isn't he born and raised and trained in Kenya?

Born in Kenya, grew up in South Africa. 

Hope we continue to look after him well, every single time I watch the kid he has something special which we have not seen from an academy graduate in many years. Many players have had the talent but Jack seems to have the intelligence to adjust to a high level.

It really is wonderful watching him play.

• Like 1

Hope we continue to look after him well, every single time I watch the kid he has something special which we have not seen from an academy graduate in many years. Many players have had the talent but Jack seems to have the intelligence to adjust to a high level.

It really is wonderful watching him play.

Love this mate. Its a pleasure for jack to be doing this aswell. Theres nowhere else he'd rather be and no jersey he'd rather wear. I dont usually comment on other peoples comments about jack because everyone is entitled to their own opinion but im glad you enjoy watching him play. As a brother theres nothing better than listening to that.

• Like 4

He looked as though he was one of the better players on the pitch today. If I didn't know that he was 17 year old academy player I certainly wouldn't of guessed he wasn't a first teamer. He seemed to fit in great and played a lot better than KEA, Bacuna & Westwood today.

I didnt see any of the game yesterday but theres a few people saying he looking a clear cut above the other youth team who played. Carruthers etc. Which, I know he's much more highly rated. But hes a good couple years younger than them. Hopefully he can get a couple of competetive appearances this year

Edited by HalfTimePost

Needs to work a bit on his end product, a lot of flashy moves.and good technique but it needs to be channeled into something. I know this usually comes with age, and the killer instinct that is needed for goals usually takes a while to develop on a higher level. Looked the best player yesterday tho, along with Donacien.

*Sigh* If the Windsor family were Chinese ex-pats living in England and they decided to raise their English born children as Chinese, making sure they had Chinese passports and so on...then yes, of course they'd be Chinese.  It's not that hard to grasp, surely?  

I'm assuming you are English and live in England.  Let's imagine the scenario where you are very proud of being English but decide to live in  Spain to further your career.  After a while, you and your English-born partner have children in Spain but raise them in a community of British ex-pats in a culture that is very "English".   Time passes by and it transpires your oldest son is very, very good at football and is eligible to represent Spain, England (and possibly any of the other three UK national teams)...what would you want?  Which country would you like your lad to play for?  Should he play for Spain and potentially win the highest prizes?  Should he play for England, the land where you are culturally from?  Think about how difficult this type of decision is and how personal it is because a whole lot of family history and emotion is embedded in it.  My take on Grealish is that, although he was born in England, he is from a very proud Irish family where that green shirt has an awful lot of meaning.  Respect his feelings.

Â