The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

6 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Emi, Bailey and whoever else we sign should correct that. 

5 minutes ago, Talldarkandransome said:

Yeah but look at the talent we've signed, yes they have to bed in but I'm not feeling too worried yet

I repeat, I hope you’re right. 

The objective evidence from last season is we had a squad that could only play well with Grealish on the pitch. So you have to believe that a squad that relied so heavily on Grealish can be changed in the pre-season period to one that doesn’t need him.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Follyfoot said:

I think he is having serious last minute thoughts, would not be at all surprised if he does a Gerrard 

I'll pay the most flexible mod to delete some of my posts if this happens :P 

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, QldVilla said:

I’ve supported the club for a long time, there’s a lot of things I remember and some I forget.

I personally have a thing about players who are appointed captains and believe they have an extra level of responsibility. Captains make sacrifices and if your not prepared for those sacrifices, don’t accept the job.

Wasn’t a fan of Jack being made captain and think it’s important who Smith appoints as the next captain, not convinced it should be Mings.

It should 100% be Mings. No one even comes close IMO.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, GodsBarkeep said:

Possibly hinted at by Buendias tweet about success

Possibly, I doubt he would kick up a fuss regardless, but may still play on his mind. 

Interesting that his twitter account isn't verified...is it even him?

1 minute ago, AVFCforever1991 said:

I was sure Jack would have wanted to play 1 season back in front of the Holte end in a Villa top again, after the hollowness of the empty stadiums last season.

If that was what he valued, he can quite easily rebuff this approach, get his season in front of the fans, and run this all again in a year.

He's not though. He's off - he wants a years worth of oil cash, a years worth of Champions League spunking, and a trophy or 2 on demand more.

Just now, Chindie said:

If that was what he valued, he can quite easily rebuff this approach, get his season in front of the fans, and run this all again in a year.

He's not though. He's off - he wants a years worth of oil cash, a years worth of Champions League spunking, and a trophy or 2 on demand more.

I was convinced he was a different breed

This image needs to posted everywhere:

IMG_20210731_112637.jpg

• Like 3

Just now, Okonokos said:

Why are we talking about U-turns? Blind optimism or just because he's still at training?

Just blind hope I think as he's still at training.

For what it's worth I still think he's off, but until its a signed deal you just never know

4 minutes ago, AVFCforever1991 said:

I was sure Jack would have wanted to play 1 season back in front of the Holte end in a Villa top again, after the hollowness of the empty stadiums last season.

He'll be playing in front of the Holte End soon enough, and it will be absolutely horrific for him.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Why the hell is he STILL here and STILL training with us?

If this really is happening (lets face it, we've heard reports that a) he arrived in Manchester and b) he would be there this afternoon which are both patently wrong) then get him gone, at least out of our squad and our view.

It’s almost as if they are wrong and it’s not happening yet!

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

I think he is having serious last minute thoughts, would not be at all surprised if he does a Gerrard 

Would be HILARIOUS

To recap, the hares were sent running this morning by the Daily Mail stating:

Jack Grealish will complete his £100million move to Manchester City today.

The Aston Villa captain is due in Manchester to sign his contract ahead of completing the British record transfer deal. 

Well right now he's still training in London.  it's possible he could go up there after training but that would be extremely strange surely?  So it looks like they got that wrong.

Then that Manchester site said he was already there or about to be there, also wrong.

I'm still a long long way from thinking he's staying but it's all most odd and some commentators have clearly called it wrong.

• Like 2

Â