The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

Just now, Keyblade said:

I like how we all just turned into memes of the opposition fans and how they see Grealish. Him leaving hurts, but let's not rewrite history. We know how good he is.

Agree, but understand how cathartic it is for people. Personally I just hope his shins prevent him from playing much football from now on. That would be very satisfying for me and would end up looking like we robbed Citeh blind.

1 minute ago, Keyblade said:

I like how we all just turned into memes of the opposition fans and how they see Grealish. Him leaving hurts, but let's not rewrite history. We know how good he is.

I stand by what I said about him not being as good as our fans think he is. Said it all season.

I'm gonna support Jack (and Jack only) at City because its better to be happy than bitter and you have to think of your mental health. We've all been living and breathing Jack mania these past few years and now it's time to step back, regroup and find a new hero. 11 of them plus us lot actually. Let's move forward and focus on what we have not what we've lost. F*** haters and wind up merchants and Up The Villa!

7 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

We weren’t talking about them replacing Jack 24 hours ago. People were drawing up lineups with all 4 in, including Jack.

Window closes Aug 31. Season kicks off next week. Any signing that comes in will not have a preseason, or any time with the team. If they flop we’ll be ‘give them time to bed in’, which is fine, and true, but it WILL compromise our success.

I think villa covered there bases with the Budenia signing. Sure he could play in a team with Jack.  But he can also play the central role with bailey taking over on the left.

Wouldn't surprise me if we start the season like that.

2 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Not to speak for everyone who has been critical since the news broke but I don't think I've said anything beyond the realms of common opinion among our fans. Unless this is what dillusion feels like...

Massively disappointed, but objectively we are 2-3 years behind the trajectory we'd need to have been to keep him. With maybe 4 years peak, possibly less with his injuries, for his career he needs to be playing at the top now.

After 20 years at the club and sticking around through relegation, while I hate him going, I don't begrudge it.  He's still awesome to watch play and I'm excited to see how he does (though not against us). It's still pretty amazing to me that a totally home grown Villa lad is the most expensive domestic footballer and one of the top 10 ever.

Can't wait to see how we move on now - another new era and I'm confident we'll still be challenging the top end of the PL in the next couple of years with our investment in youth.

• Like 1

I am disappointed that Jack is leaving but this is really nothing new. I’ve been a Villa fan for a very long time - my schoolboy hero was Gerry Hitchens and he left to go to Italy where he became top goal scorer! Later Bruce Ricoh, David Platt, Gareth Southgate, Gareth Barry etc. all left for “better things”. 
Our owners and management have to ensure that we continue to develop so that future players see little point in leaving. Therefore investing the “Jack” money wisely is key. UTV 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

He’s f***ing brilliant. That’s why it hurts, and that’s why we have every right to be both angry and feel massively let down. When he leaves, he’s the enemy. That’s football. 

• Like 1

Just now, rubberman said:

Massively disappointed, but objectively we are 2-3 years behind the trajectory we'd need to have been to keep him. With maybe 4 years peak, possibly less with his injuries, for his career he needs to be playing at the top now.

After 20 years at the club and sticking around through relegation, while I hate him going, I don't begrudge it.  He's still awesome to watch play and I'm excited to see how he does (though not against us). It's still pretty amazing to me that a totally home grown Villa lad is the most expensive domestic footballer and one of the top 10 ever.

Can't wait to see how we move on now - another new era and I'm confident we'll still be challenging the top end of the PL in the next couple of years with our investment in youth.

I agree with you on him needing to be playing at the top now rather than in a few years but tbf, when we were relegated he was nowhere near the level he is now. He wouldn't have been starting for a mid-table PL club in 2016-217 let alone the champions.

• Like 1

Â