The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

More disappointed in myself for getting so emotionally invested in all these shenanigans! 

It's just a game. A game we love, but not worth getting upset and bent out of shape about*. This will sting like a kick in the gonads but the club is what we support, not an individual player

UTV

*although I will be posting a cathartic rant later when I finish work

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, GodsBarkeep said:

Yeah that's the view from the stands,  and it sure hurts us fans when they leave. But in reality the best players are also ambitious professionals who are going to want to progress when the club isnt. 

The toughest thing to take now is that we are progressing fast, and yet we still can't keep hold of someone who supposedly loves the club. For me this hurts most and will probably be the sorest walkout of all my favourite players

Not suggesting we upgrade Southgate to club legend 😬

Sorry, but it was a year after we made an FA Cup final and finished 6th, the season he left we finished 8th, both seasons way in front of Middlesbrough. It had nothing to do with Villa’s ambition and more to do with players having there heads turned. 

We may not have been able to compete with some of those clubs throwing money around, but what eventually happens to them? Leeds etc.

I’ve just been trying to explain to my girls who has just started to follow Villa why if Grealish is so good why didn’t he play for England more and at 26 they thought he’d have more caps … Told them he’s a show pony and not actually that good … lying (not lying) … I’m Carney we trust ! 

8 minutes ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

At least we now know he’s a word removed and can never be trusted. It’s a shame. I enjoyed his NFL stuff.

I was first taken in by the whole thing as people were saying he had been accurate in the past regarding NFL transfers and therefore figured he had no reason to lie if he came across information. I guess thats the internet for you!

Does amaze me how quickly we can change our opinion on a player once they leave.

It's better to just let it out. 100m, good price but it's not enough. It's the fact we had a fan as captain, a fan as our best player. Someone who feels our pain when we lose and the joy more than the rest when we win. I'm devastated. 

Anyone saying he will be on the bench for City, won't adapt well, you are fooling yourselves. He's absolutely phenomenal and has zero fear of anything thrown at him. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Villatillidie95 said:

I was first taken in by the whole thing as people were saying he had been accurate in the past regarding NFL transfers and therefore figured he had no reason to lie if he came across information. I guess thats the internet for you!

Same, I hate the internet lol.

Â