The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

8 minutes ago, Eidolon said:

Bit crushed honestly. I feel stupid for buying in and believing he was one of us. Come to terms with it over the last day or so but Christ, I wish City would just do one off to the ESL with the rest of their ilk and take their new asset with them never to be seen again.

A lesson learnt than, don't believe a word that comes out of a football players mouth. 🤣

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

Except he was under contract, and we kick off in a week. Our season is ****. 
Board should have dealt with this much better imo.

What ? - we've signed 2 very good players in each of the positions Jack plays in.

Window doesn't close until Aug 31.

• Like 1

Just now, Aston_Villan4 said:

At least we now know he’s a word removed and can never be trusted. It’s a shame. I enjoyed his NFL stuff.

I was getting paranoid and convinced the entire account was made up until @Mazrim told us he was legit :D 

• Haha 1

Just now, JPAngel said:

Mings for me as he has deputised for Grealish in the past.

In all honesty, while Jack has been excellent at riling up opposition fans and players and is good at getting in the ref's ear, I don't rate him as a proper "captain". He doesn't strike me as a natural leader (like Mings or Martinez) and we've definitely seen his head drop in the past during tough games.

Yes and shying away from that penalty that Glenn Whelan missed, getting annoyed when subbed and his general moodiness towards team mates 

Just now, gwi1890 said:

Yes and shying away from that penalty that Glenn Whelan missed, getting annoyed when subbed and his general moodiness towards team mates 

You could also add into the mix his clear favouritism of certain players that didn't also work for the benefit of the team as a whole - his adoration of Barkley being a prime example.

• Like 1

This whole , you need to play in CL stuff is just bollox ..last season in the PL if you played all games you would of played 8 times against a champs league team and 4 times against the finalists ! You also played twice against the Europa league finalists so how much more exposure do you need ??? Are you telling me playing 2 group games against Bate Borisov is a higher level than 2 games against Leicester for example ..**** off 

If the current transfer go through 

Kane/Jack >City 

Lukaku /Kunde Chelsea 

Sancho /Varane  United 

Thats 500mill before wages for 3 clubs who tried to **** off to the SL for more money !!! 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, JPAngel said:

Mings for me as he has deputised for Grealish in the past.

In all honesty, while Jack has been excellent at riling up opposition fans and players and is good at getting in the ref's ear, I don't rate him as a proper "captain". He doesn't strike me as a natural leader (like Mings or Martinez) and we've definitely seen his head drop in the past during tough games. You'd very rarely hear Grealish on the pitch offering words of encouragement or praise - more likely complaining.

i never have done. i've always said that mings is the leader on the pitch

giving jack the captains armband is one of many things we've done to placate him and hope he stays with us. well no more.

45 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Football isn’t like real life though. It’s an inflated bubble - especially in the top tier. Most footballers in this country in the lower leagues earn far little in comparison. Grealish was in the 1% of earners already, now it will be 0.1%. The average footballer will not get the wages Grealish gets at Villa. So any comparison with real life is simply untrue. 

So what your saying is it's exactly like real life?

Bye Jack, thanks for getting us into the PL and keeping us here. And then getting us £100m for you.

Would have been nice if you'd given us another year but that doesn't erase what you've done for the club. I'd have liked to see you become a Villa legend but I guess you'd rather win things; it's disappointing but I can understand that.

Still, I hope your time at Villa ends up being the high point of your career!

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, hippo said:

What ? - we've signed 2 very good players in each of the positions Jack plays in.

Window doesn't close until Aug 31.

We weren’t talking about them replacing Jack 24 hours ago. People were drawing up lineups with all 4 in, including Jack.

Window closes Aug 31. Season kicks off next week. Any signing that comes in will not have a preseason, or any time with the team. If they flop we’ll be ‘give them time to bed in’, which is fine, and true, but it WILL compromise our success.

Edited by HKP90

Imagine winning the league at a canter, making the champs league finals and then splashing out £250m on teams from the same leagues best players.

Like Bayern on steroids, what a soulless husk of a club. Wish they all would have just **** off to the Super League tbh.

• Like 3

Â