The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

If he does go for 100m, the upside is that there's more opportunity for the club to move forward quicker than if he stays, however he's a genuinely world class player and he's ours, we won't be able to sign a player of that quality in the immediate future, but we can build a better more balanced team.

2 minutes ago, DJ_Villain said:

I still think it has been a master stroke!

NSWE, Smith and everyone else comes out smelling of roses…

Its been a case of…

”Well, we won’t hold you back Jack.,, After all, it’s you who said you love the club… but you’ve got to make your own mind up, we don’t want to influence you”

and handed Grealish the rope to hang himself with…

Take the money and fingers crossed, his career implodes…

Maybe even gets caught drink driving again and does a prison stretch or something! - That’d be funny!

yes thats also a good perspective actually. At least this way all the fanbase know its Grealish who has angled for moves away for the last 2 seasons for definite, 3 seasons if we are being honest (the cluv also willing at the time). Im really hopeful for the future under the stewardship of NSWE and think we will finish in top half this year, without Jack

Just now, Davkaus said:

It is absolutely crazy, but not as crazy as the people on here who convinced themselves not only must he have heard something, but it was probably secret info directly from Wes to reassure us. 

I’d rather be a naive fool than a word removed, though. 

3 minutes ago, DJ_Villain said:

I still think it has been a master stroke!

NSWE, Smith and everyone else comes out smelling of roses…

Its been a case of…

”Well, we won’t hold you back Jack.,, After all, it’s you who said you love the club… but you’ve got to make your own mind up, we don’t want to influence you”

and handed Grealish the rope to hang himself with…

Take the money and fingers crossed, his career implodes…

Maybe even gets caught drink driving again and does a prison stretch or something! - That’d be funny!

Except he was under contract, and we kick off in a week. Our season is ****. 
Board should have dealt with this much better imo.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Talldarkandransome said:

Having quick break from work, can someone summarise what's happened so far today. Have I missed anything

Percy and a few others have said it's close. Some that it is happening today.

6 minutes ago, Okonokos said:

Just think back to March last year when the news broke about him breaking lockdown rules and crashing his car (quite possibly or probably whilst drunk).

Some of us on here were calling for the club to sack him and hand Mings the captaincy.

Well now we've got sort of that scenario but £100m in the bank. Not the worst outcome ever. Especially for someone who has no shin bones.

or backbone

• Like 2

Hawksbee & Jacobs just said they knew it was happening a long time ago. Lee Hendrie was telling them when they were in brum long before the Euros. Villa knew too. I believe it. Mourinho saying he knew. So basically we sacrificed our league position keeping him on ice so he could play at the Euros. Feels a bit dirty now. Also that KDB was constantly telling Pep to sign him after the masterclass in Eng v Belgium 😕

1 minute ago, maqroll said:

I wonder what was said at the Wes Edens meeting. 

i wonder if there was one you know

or whether it was like, "you know what, we're not doing this every year. nothing has changed from when we spoke last summer. if that's not enough for you now, then go"

• Like 1

Why are Bluemoon talking about the fee being £75m with add-ons possibly taking it to a maximum of £100m?

If that’s true, then no wonder it’s dragged on while Man City tried to get him on the cheap.

6 minutes ago, imavillan said:

The King is dead.......l

Long live the King

spacer.png

Wouldn’t worry.  

This guy is actually the better player, and we all knew it all along, but it was blasphemous to say it before.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, maqroll said:

I wonder what was said at the Wes Edens meeting. 

Probably that we want him to stay and will offer him this much. Jack said he wants to play Champs league it’s not about the money he can get here. As soon as City met our valuation terms they were given permission to speak with him. 

Make no mistake this is Grealish’s choice. Not the boards.

1 minute ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Hawksbee & Jacobs just said they knew it was happening a long time ago. Lee Hendrie was telling them when they were in brum long before the Euros. Villa knew too. I believe it. Mourinho saying he knew. So basically we sacrificed our league position keeping him on ice so he could play at the Euros. Feels a bit dirty now. Also that KDB was constantly telling Pep to sign him after the masterclass in Eng v Belgium 😕

Yet we have no replacement lined up.

4 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Martinez or Mings for captain now 

Mings for me as he has deputised for Grealish in the past.

In all honesty, while Jack has been excellent at riling up opposition fans and players and is good at getting in the ref's ear, I don't rate him as a proper "captain". He doesn't strike me as a natural leader (like Mings or Martinez) and we've definitely seen his head drop in the past during tough games. You'd very rarely hear Grealish on the pitch offering words of encouragement or praise - more likely complaining.

Edited by JPAngel

2 minutes ago, Villatillidie95 said:

Also got to give that WUM Leeds fan who concocted the whole C J Golson thing, genuinely had me there lmao. They really did their study on the whole bucks connection to WE and things.....obviously had nothing better to do though 🤣

At least we now know he’s a word removed and can never be trusted. It’s a shame. I enjoyed his NFL stuff.

Edited by Aston_Villan4

Â